Trial - Ross Harris #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Defense has done a good job for me in discounting all of the heat data as now saying there was a 6 degree drift even within a couple of hours... 82 vs 88? I'm surprised.

That said, not sure that this makes much difference as to Coopers death and how it would impact jury decision on charges.

Defense trying to put out anything to try and confuse the jury. It washot in the morn, hotter throughtout the day....that is a fact. Cooper died from the heat that is a fact.

Even the suggestion that Cooper may have been alive at lunchtime will haunt me forever.

Yes.

If nothing else, the prosecution did a good job at showing it's possible Cooper could have been alive. (Even if its just a chance.) The defense can poke holes in temps and what not...but they did nothing to prove in minds that he was definitely deceased by then. I think that's really important for the prosecution. (Not that they have to prove, but certainly they don't want the jury believing the possibility.)

Now the defense hasn't presented, so it's possible they could have testimony to refute that enough. As it stands right now, there is still the possibility. I don't think that's good for them. IMO.

I think they used the A/C, because RH did.

I can't see RH not using the air, to be honest. He seemed like he needed to be...comfortable. That's JMO.

right but they are basing that on the settings when the car was impounded. He could have turned the a/c on when he got into his car in the afternoon.

Testimony before the break (just catching up now):

In your research, did you come across PSA showing how hot it can get in a car within 30 minutes? the defense asked. No, Brani said.

The implication of the defense’s questions about humidity, body heat and heat index are important. That’s because the prosecution has implied that Cooper may have still been alive at lunch time when Harris opened his car door to throw a bag of light bulbs into the front seat.

If it was hotter than what Brani's testing showed, then Cooper may have been dead when Harris returned to his car around 12:45 p.m.

Brani said even if a human body was generating heat, it wouldn’t have made a huge difference in the temperature inside the car.

“The opinion that you were paid to offer regarded testing about air temperature in the vehicle, not the temperature what a human being would be experiencing,” the defense said.

“Had there been a child in the vehicle, the air temperature monitoring data would not have changed significantly,” Brani said, at least away from the car seat.

. Defense argues that the temperatures are not accurate because there was no child in the car. Brani says he disagrees and believes the information is accurate.

right but they are basing that on the settings when the car was impounded. He could have turned the a/c on when he got into his car in the afternoon.

Oh, I totally agree. It was good for the defense to point that out, for sure.

I was just saying that IMO he would have had the air on. No way of knowing, of course.

Defense doing a good job punching holes in this guys analysis. However, this witness is stoic and unflappable and is coming across very well.

I don't understand what they're getting at. Cooper died in the car from hypothermia. This is a fact. The defense saying the car was hotter - how does this help??

I don't understand what they're getting at. Cooper died in the car from hypothermia. This is a fact. The defense saying the car was hotter - how does this help??

I believe they want the jury to think Cooper was dead at lunch when RH put the light bulbs in. If it's much hotter, he would likely not be alive. That's what they want to hopefully show.

It's bad, bad, bad for them if the jury thinks Cooper could have been alive, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Beccalynne View Post
I live here in Cobb and never leave my windows cracked. I do roll my drivers side window down immediately upon getting in the afternoon to let a little of the hot air out while the a/c cools.

And Carlos has a good point, one I was just thinking of while listening. I don't use my a/c in the summer in the morning so I find it unusual that they ran the a/c before doing the tests.

QUOTE=blue22;12879602]I think they used the A/C, because RH did.

I can't see RH not using the air, to be honest. He seemed like he needed to be...comfortable. That's JMO.

But he made a good point. The a/c was from last time used. It was from picture taken by Shumpert, 95 degrees iirc at 420something. He may not have even used that morning. JMHO

But he made a good point. The a/c was from last time used. It was from picture taken by Shumpert, 95 degrees iirc at 420something. He may not have even used that morning. JMHO

Agreed. It was just my opinion, that's all.

Would he have been? He said IF the body or object was HOTTER than the internal heat source. The car heats up faster than the body, that's what raises the body temp. Isn't he saying for Cooper to add to the heat, his temps would have to be higher than the car's temp? Or am I interpreting his statement wrong?

The weather service archives and MSM articles from that time both state the high as 92 degrees. They aren't lying. (I was surprised too that it wasn't hotter than that, but that's what records say.)

I am not questioning the external temperature, but I am highly skeptical of the results of the temperature for the interior of the car.

Cooper's body temperature was approximately 98.6 degrees. When he was left in the car, the car temperature was below that (even though the exact temperature is unknown). For a period of time, Cooper was adding heat to the car because he was the warmest thing in the car. At some point during the day, that flipped, and the car heated Cooper.

I am not questioning the external temperature, but I am highly skeptical of the results of the temperature for the interior of the car.

Cooper's body temperature was approximately 98.6 degrees. When he was left in the car, the car temperature was below that (even though the exact temperature is unknown). For a period of time, Cooper was adding heat to the car because he was the warmest thing in the car. At some point during the day, that flipped, and the car heated Cooper.

I see what you are saying. And I understand why it was important for them to make those points.

I think the witness did a good thing for the prosecution by saying it wouldn't make significant temperature difference. Of course we don't know if that was enough to replace doubt the jury might be feeling.

IMO, I don't think Cooper's body temperature could have risen rapidly enough to a high enough temp, to make a huge impact of the internal car temps. But, that's totally an opinion. The jury should have a more open mind about it than me I would think.

JMHO, to me it appears the Def saying that Cooper passed away prior to lunch time. State, after lunch. State it seems to me wants Cooper alive when RH put the light bulbs in. Or that what it appears to me, I may be confused there lol

Temps inside and outside the SUV on June 18 according to witness.

CvI1569UkAARZmH.jpg

Click to enlarge

Hyperthermia is Cooper COD made the same mistake myself) HYPOthermia is freezing to death.

hy·po·ther·mi·a
ˌhīpəˈTHərmēə/Submit
noun
the condition of having an abnormally low body temperature, typically one that is dangerously low.

Hyperthermia occurs when a person's body temperature rises and remains above the normal; 98.6°F

Do we know if Ross aired out the car when he left work and put on the AC? Also, water holds on to heat for a long time, more than air, so any humidity in the car and water-containing things or creatures will hold onto heat for a long time. It takes time to cool down if you are heated. JMO

Do we know if Ross aired out the car when he left work and put on the AC? Also, water holds on to heat for a long time, more than air, so any humidity in the car and water-containing things or creatures will hold onto heat for a long time. It takes time to cool down if you are heated. JMO

Ross may have aired out the car by opening the windows. He did not open his car door to air out the car. The surveillance video shows Ross entering the vehicle immediately upon reaching the SUV.

Cooper's breathing and sweat would have put a large amount of humidity into the car. I can't believe that this was not accounted for in any manner.

Car seat used appears to be Coopers. BUT look at it the tilt is extended

USED IN RECONSTRUCTION HEAT TEST.jpg

From RH SUV 6/18/14 photo by CSI Grimstead ss from his video
Ross Harris car seat view from rear passenger door June 18 2014.JPG

No matter what theory the State and Defense puts out there, the fact is Cooper died from being in a hot car for 7 hours. 90 degrees is getting pretty hot and being trapped in a car, windows up, and even if they were cracked a bit, the car would still be hot from the hot air outside. I understand the State trying to get the jury to believe Cooper may have still been alive during lunch because that would make Ross look worse than he already looks (IMO).

Brani says he accessed the vehicle briefly around the same time Harris did on the day of Cooper's death to keep results accurate.

If a human was in the vehicle, a grown adult would produce more heat than a toddler, Brani said.

If you had started the time of testing later, what impact would it have at lunchtime? the prosecutor asked. It would be cooler, Brani answered.

Again, these questions are important because the prosecution is trying to prove that Cooper may have been alive when Harris returned to his car at lunchtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay