Trial - Ross Harris #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She stopped talking to him again in the beginning of June but finally responded to his message on June 13.

She wrote: “Do you hate me now/”

Harris responded: “Babe not at all.”

On June 15, 2014, he told her his AC is out.

On June 17, he messaged her again but she didn’t respond to early text.

Harris said: “That makes me sad. You’re gone again.”

Like I said earlier, a part of me thinks it should be ok to have laws that criminalize even accidents and mistakes when the result is the death of a child. But that is not what the law is at the moment, at least not in Georgia.

There are good reasons that the rules of evidence prohibit evidence of a defendant's bad character. It's too prejudicial - the risk is too high that a jury will convict a defendant simply because he's a bad guy who sexted too much and cheated on his wife and goofed off at work, when they are only supposed to determine whether he intentionally killed his child (because he wanted this other life) or he was so grossly negligent that he didn't even care about his son's life.

But he's on trial for more than negligence. Regarding the malice murder charge, how can they show his motive for desiring a 'child free life' without showing his motivation for wanting a child free life?

Meadows says on June 18, 2014 at 5:46 a.m. Harris messaged her one last time.

( Court recesses for afternoon break.)

I think this last witness is pretty damning evidence. He seemed to be truly in love with her---at least he thought so.

And he had always said he could never divorce his wife because of Cooper. If Cooper was gone, he would be free to live his life, anew.

Or obsessed.

Cross on this witness should be interesting... she keeps looking at him. I noticed he has his head turned to hear what she is saying. More with this witness than the others (*Disclaimer, he has prior but I haven't noticed as much when the turn camera there. I think it because she looking at him)

I think they were both playing ea other. JMHO

But he's on trial for more than negligence. Regarding the malice murder charge, how can they show his motive for desiring a 'child free life' without showing his motivation for wanting a child free life?

Yeah, I understand they are bringing all this character evidence in as "motive" for his alleged intentional killing of Cooper. I think it's a bogus charge that even the prosecution does not believe. But that's the pretext that opens the door wide for them present all kinds of prejudicial evidence to prime the jury against him. I think it reeks and is not how our justice system is supposed to work.

She would move on and come back it seems to me. JMHO

These exchanges triggered my PTSD caused by weeks of testimony like this in the Arias trial, the parsing of words in handfuls of frankly juvenile texts and email taken out of context and presented as evidence of state of mind. Bad enough that, but to present this tripe as "motive" is absurd.

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I view this situation extremely differently. First, assuming that Ross forgot, we don't know the exact moment that occurred. Furthermore, Ross failed to remember Cooper was in the car. Although Ross could have saved Cooper, he did not. The text records are clear that Ross was texting and sexting during that crucial period of time when Ross could have recalled Cooper's whereabouts.

I do believe that sexting is an inherently risky behavior when one is tasked with caring for another's well-being. Sexting takes away from one's ability to care for a dependent child. On top of that texting while in a car is a risky. Many states have outlawed texting, even when stopped at a light, because the texting increases the likelihood of accidents.

I understand. This is a complex and difficult case, and naturally people are going to have different opinions.

Meadows says on June 18, 2014 at 5:46 a.m. Harris messaged her one last time.

( Court recesses for afternoon break.)

At Cooper's funeral Leanna talked about how Cooper didn't sleep well the night before he died and so he slept in bed with them. I'm no fan of Leanna but ugh, to learn her husband was trying to contact another woman that he claimed to love while she and his child slept next to him has got to be horrific. Ross lies but I believe he was telling the truth when he said he had no conscience.

Cross on this witness should be interesting... she keeps looking at him. I noticed he has his head turned to hear what she is saying. More with this witness than the others (*Disclaimer, he has prior but I haven't noticed as much when the turn camera there. I think it because she looking at him)

I think they were both playing ea other. JMHO

She was smirking throughout, and looked like she still felt pissed RH didn't drop everything to tend to her when she called/texted.

I wonder if all this texting and sexting on June 18 was an average day of stexting or if it was more than usual.

It seems he did not stop from 5:00am-ish until the cops took the phone away from him at the scene.

Between the girlfriends and the co-workers, no wonder he was behind in doing actual work at Home Depot, and forgeting his little buddy in the back seat.

But then the lightbulbs remind me that he returned to the car at lunchtime, for such a light package to make a special trip to the car for, he could have easily carried it back to the office.

Really think about that though ....

He wouldn't divorce because he didn't want to hurt Cooper by having a broken home. But he'll go ahead and kill Cooper so he can get divorced? That does not make any sense at all. None.

What if he didn't want to be financially responsible for CS payments and such if they were divorced?
(just throwing it out there)

I wonder if all this texting and sexting on June 18 was an average day of stexting or if it was more than usual.

It seems he did not stop from 5:00am-ish until the cops took the phone away from him at the scene.

Between the girlfriends and the co-workers, no wonder he was behind in doing actual work at Home Depot, and forgeting his little buddy in the back seat.

But then the lightbulbs remind me that he returned to the car, what nonsense for a light package to make a special trip for.

From what we' ve heard from these witnesses, it sounds like it was pretty par for the course.

What if he didn't want to be financially responsible for CS payments and such if they were divorced?
(just throwing it out there)

Again - he's concerned enough about Cooper's well-being that he'll stay in an unhappy marriage, but he'll kill Cooper so that he can get divorced and not pay child support? It just doesn't make sense.

From what we' ve heard from these witnesses, it sounds like it was pretty par for the course.

Throw in a stop on I-75, set aside time to record 3 songs, meet a prostitute at the local no tell motel, the list goes on and on.

I'm surprised Leeann didn't take the phone away from him. Here I thought he was sexting with 3 or 4 women, but there seems to be far more going on.

No wonder she hated when he spent time with his "friends".

Well I agree with you - if Ross had gotten in a car accident because he was texting and not paying attention, and if Cooper died as a result of that accident, then I would agree that Ross' texting would amount to criminal negligence and should support a homicide conviction.

Isn't texting while driving illegal in many places?

These exchanges triggered my PTSD caused by weeks of testimony like this in the Arias trial, the parsing of words in handfuls of frankly juvenile texts and email taken out of context and presented as evidence of state of mind. Bad enough that, but to present this tripe as "motive" is absurd.

I haven't heard the word 'tripe' used in this context for years! My mother used to say it a lot!

Made myself a note lol from States OS to watch for JM. Boring mentioned her in his OS, now after she is done this evening going to have to go back and see what it was he referenced. Weird how can go back to both OS and see and ahh and then still looking for others. Def, I have been checking off their points from OS.

I dang sure hope the jury is taking good notes. (of both State and Def as i am lol) geesh I have writers cramp lol

Why wouldn't this be a possible motive? I think they are showing that he had other strong interests besides being a family man. And he fell in love with a beautiful young woman who said she loved him too. Seems like ' LOVE' is a prime motive for a married man to try and shake off any family responsibilities and try and be single again.

Really think about that though ....

He wouldn't divorce because he didn't want to hurt Cooper by having a broken home. But he'll go ahead and kill Cooper so he can get divorced? That does not make any sense at all. None.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/ross-harr...the-ross-harris-hot-car-death-trial/458009572

12:08 p.m. Moore said he never heard Harris say a bad word about Cooper. He said Harris told him that he and his wife would never get divorced because of Cooper.

Makes sense if his true reasoning behind saying "never get divorced because of Cooper" was because the thought of 16 years of child support and being solely responsible for Cooper weekends, two weeks in the summer, and every other Christmas sounded suspiciously like Too Much Work for Ross....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member