Trial - Ross Harris #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ross does sound like Cooper was in the way in some of his conversations. Jmo

I think Ross felt Cooper was an inconvenience and an unwanted distraction from his womanising a loving father would not behave like this.

Thanks for all your updates and discussion about this trial it is appreciated.

I still wondering about them going thru his phone before the SW. Guess maybe we find out if giving his password and when will come into play. Also we have learned that the Officer he told F You, Lindsey Folgia is also one who was pulled from patrol to do work on the iPhone5S that RH had taken from him. She is now a Det in Crimes Against Children.

Yeah I heard or read that this morning. Not sure if there's anything nefarious going on re: Foglia - I just think they all trumped up the charges and did the PR tour because they were pissed at Ross within 1 minute of having contact with him.

IMO He was in full on panic and horror when he yelled "shut the **** up, my son just died." I actually totally understand his reaction - I imagine he could not process any requests or demands at that moment because his mind was breaking. And here these cops are acting like everything is normal and treating him like he should be calm. The cops were a-holes with him from the beginning and approached the situation with a complete lack of sensitivity which had the effect of winding Ross up more instead of calming him down.

Duffie Dixon 11Alive Verified account ‏@DuffieDixon 15m15 minutes ago

After checking my notes, #RossHarris was communicating with 5 young girls on the day his son Cooper died, not 4 #11alive

RBBM

I am not sure if I am reading your statement correctly, but I would hope that no jury would let a guilty man go free because of "redundant" witnesses. As has been previously mentioned, I do not believe that the minor was a redundant witness. We have no idea how charges 6-8 apply to each of the minor witnesses.

Let a man go free? RH isn't going anywhere, even if he is found not guilty on all charges except for those relating to minors.

Yes, redundant, other than her testimony relating to the minor charges. We've already had a parade of sexting witnesses, including those for the pertinent day of Cooper's death. RH wasn't sexting when he forgot Cooper in the car, or when he enacted his malice murder plan that day. Redundant.

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 2m2 minutes ago

#RossHarris trial on lunch recess. Back with more Stoddard soon.

It is risky and dangerous activity if you are supposed to be caring for your vulnerable young child, and it gets in the way of your ability to do so.

The definition of addiction is doing something that negatively impacts all areas of ones life. His addiction to his sexual escapades was ruining his marriage, threatening his job, and ultimately cost him his child's life and his freedom.

Totally Agree.

Ross was a sex addict with bills. And he used the household income for his trysts.

Plus he knew that he couldn't afford it and found himself going into debt.

But just like drugs. His sex addiction took over and he couldn't stop himself.

I can't find the live stream on any of my usual sites. Is it working for everyone else?

Yeah I heard or read that this morning. Not sure if there's anything nefarious going on re: Foglia - I just think they all trumped up the charges and did the PR tour because they were pissed at Ross within 1 minute of having contact with him.

IMO He was in full on panic and horror when he yelled "shut the **** up, my son just died." I actually totally understand his reaction - I imagine he could not process any requests or demands at that moment because his mind was breaking. And here these cops are acting like everything is normal and treating him like he should be calm. The cops were a-holes with him from the beginning and approached the situation with a complete lack of sensitivity which had the effect of winding Ross up more instead of calming him down.

Agree. I can see both sides to a point. LEO is trying to figure out what they just came upon. LOL Folgia just rammed into back of Gallimore patrol car. RH knows his son is deceased and he is worried about getting ahold of his wife, Cooper mother.

And as Hope4More posted, Stoddard said the recording started at 6, and the first SW 1st Degree CC Felony Murder signed by Magistrate 1 hour later. Looks like will be after lunch. LOL SO that means probably Def will end the afternoon lol

Jeanne ‏@TrueCrimeJeanne 2m2 minutes ago
#HotCarDeathTrial #11Alive #HotCarDeath #CooperHarris called it. They stalled til they broke for lunch. Nice.

I was listening on a CourtChatter stream and it was cutting in and out. I heard Kilgore say something about well depends on who the first witness (after discussion about minor) is or who the next? I thought he said first. But Boring had asked the mic and video for a minor be done as prior. Then heard Stoddard name. The jury had sent a note asking about how long still to go so they could make personal plans. 4 weeks from today is (Nov 18) the Friday before Thanksgiving. State said they have about a week, Kilgore said depends on how rest of trial goes who/which witnesses they need to call. 15 day least, 20 most (court testimony days) That all I could get lo..

Whoop whoop

I think the jury inquiry today should be a BIG signal to the judge to get things moving....you do not want a jury thinking about making plans and not being able to. They originally were told all together 6 weeks I believe and how many have gone by now...I know there was the weather etc. For example today...way too much wasted time getting teck stuff set up...they can't do that very early??? All breaks go at least 30 and lunch sometimes close to 2 hours. I sure got the message from Kilgore that he will need lots of days...if I were the judge I would see about starting early...trying to see if they could arrange to stay late...the lawyers/judge are just staying in hotels...how about Sat. I mean see with the jury how things could move better. I am all for sequestered jury...hit it hard and done.

Totally Agree.

Ross was a sex addict with bills. And he used the household income for his trysts.

Plus he knew that he couldn't afford it and found himself going into debt.

But just like drugs. His sex addiction took over and he couldn't stop himself.

Yeah, I agree as far as him being so consumed that it was hurting his marriage, job, and everything else. I just don't think you can equate a "sex addiction" with a heroin addiction in terms of their inherent risk to children under the person's control.

Forgetting your child in the car and the child dying of hyperthermia are not the predictable and foreseeable results of a sex addiction. But that is a foreseeable result of a parent using heroin while caring for their child.

I think they were pissed and acted on it, but I also believe LE actually believed RH was likely guilty, and from their first contact with him. Ironically, I think the most costly mistake they made was searching his phone, jumping to conclusions, and making their assumptions so public before they had done any investigating.

I don't fault them for being suspicious. What I fault them for is not having the integrity to investigate first, then to recalibrate the charges when they knew there was no evidence of intent.

Good point, thanks. But 5 minutes of testimony was all the State needed to get RH convicted on that charge. Cut and dry. The rest of her testimony, imo, was indeed a redundant effort to keep the jury focused on the theme of RH is a bad man, maybe timed to counterbalance the upcoming Stoddard is a bad cop narrative . ;)

She texted with Ross that very day the baby died. Everyone he communicated with that day is relevant. It is important for the State to show the jury how many people he was texting/sexting that day because it shows how distracted he was and how focused he was on his sexual escapades.

None of the live links I have been referred to work....wish I knew what was wrong....are they still live?

11:38 p.m. Court takes a short recess as prosecution sets up screen so jurors can watch a video.
-----
11:32 a.m. Stoddard said Harris appeared coherent, not under the influence of anything and was able to talk with detectives clearly in the interview room.
-----
11:26 a.m. Stoddard said when he arrived on scene Harris was already in handcuffs in the back of a police car. Stoddard told Harris he would talk with him once they arrived at Cobb County police headquarters.
-----
11:18 p.m. State calls lead detective Phil Stoddard to the stand.
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/ross-harr...the-ross-harris-hot-car-death-trial/459369588

LawNewz ‏@law_newz 44m44 minutes ago
Det. Stoddard explaining the process the was followed when he first arrived on the scene. #JustinRossHarris #hotcardeath #hotcarcase

LawNewz ‏@law_newz 43m43 minutes ago
Stoddard explaining to jury the "box" #JustinRossHarris was placed in to be interviewed after leaving the scene of Cooper's death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlit7