Trial - Ross Harris #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
have there been any witnesses from his work at Home Depot...supervisors etc. it seems like he did nothing there and made his own hours and just wondering if all of this distraction was noticed at work? How did they find him in the days leading up to this...not his buddies but management.

None of the live links I have been referred to work....wish I knew what was wrong....are they still live?

We are all in same boat. Now it appears they are going to lunch break. So maybe 30 or 45 min til back I guessing. We don't know much. Sorry.

Yeah, I agree as far as him being so consumed that it was hurting his marriage, job, and everything else. I just don't think you can equate a "sex addiction" with a heroin addiction in terms of their inherent risk to children under the person's control.

Forgetting your child in the car and the child dying of hyperthermia are not the predictable and foreseeable results of a sex addiction. But that is a foreseeable result of a parent using heroin while caring for their child.

I disagree with the Bolded portion above. There are about 40 hot car deaths every year. That is almost once a week a child dies in a hot car. How many of those deaths are because of heroin use by the driver. Probably very few. I'd guess that distraction and indifference are a greater danger in terms of car deaths than heroin addiction is.

We are all in same boat. Now it appears they are going to lunch break. So maybe 30 or 45 min til back I guessing. We don't know much. Sorry.

The lawnewz link is working now. They have commentary on.

Let a man go free? RH isn't going anywhere, even if he is found not guilty on all charges except for those relating to minors.

Yes, redundant, other than her testimony relating to the minor charges. We've already had a parade of sexting witnesses, including those for the pertinent day of Cooper's death. RH wasn't sexting when he forgot Cooper in the car, or when he enacted his malice murder plan that day. Redundant.

Will you also find it redundant when the defense brings in multiple people to testify to RH being a "loving family man"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they were pissed and acted on it, but I also believe LE actually believed RH was likely guilty, and from their first contact with him. Ironically, I think the most costly mistake they made was searching his phone, jumping to conclusions, and making their assumptions so public before they had done any investigating.

I don't fault them for being suspicious. What I fault them for is not having the integrity to investigate first, then to recalibrate the charges when they knew there was no evidence of intent.

Correct. And you know they would have seen whatever messages and do forth, and then they have data base to check all those names/numbers so forth at their fingertips. Remember, Stoddard thought RH posted that Red Image first which was posted that morning.

I disagree with the Bolded portion above. There are about 40 hot car deaths every year. That is almost once a week a child dies in a hot car. How many of those deaths are because of heroin use by the driver. Probably very few. I'd guess that distraction and indifference are a greater danger in terms of car deaths than heroin addiction is.

How many are related to sex addiction? Probably none.

I would bet money more children are injured as a result of their caregiver's heroin addiction than a parent's sex addiction.

A parent's use of illegal narcotics is grounds for a child to be removed from the home. That's because it presents a known and foreseeable risk to the child. The same cannot be said about sexting.

She texted with Ross that very day the baby died. Everyone he communicated with that day is relevant. It is important for the State to show the jury how many people he was texting/sexting that day because it shows how distracted he was and how focused he was on his sexual escapades.

My sympathy is with her. I can't imagine how traumatic all of this is for her, most especially knowing she was sexting with RH as his baby was dying in that car, but also having to come testify at a trial in which her testimony will definitely result in prison time for that man, and will possibly help lock him away for life.

Given that, I would have hoped the State would have had the decency to get her on and off the stand as quickly as they could. Instead they kept her there for hours. No, I don't see any necessity in that. The questions they had to ask her could have been dispensed with in far shorter time.

Sorry, but imo she's just one more victim of the State's scorched earth prosecution of RH.

Originally Posted by minor4th View Post
I really, really, really do not like Boring's manner of direct examination.

I agree I cannot put my finger on it but I don't like it either.

lol he gets excited, and a couple times I have heard him misspeak. Once on OS he said they have video from CF, when he clearly meant HD parking lot, because he started telling what they would see.

Just heard they have plan to play Ross' entire police interview this afternoon.

This should be interesting.

My sympathy is with her. I can't imagine how traumatic all of this is for her, most especially knowing she was sexting with RH as his baby was dying in that car, but also having to come testify at a trial in which her testimony will definitely result in prison time for that man, and will possibly help lock him away for life.

Given that, I would have hoped the State would have had the decency to get her on and off the stand as quickly as they could. Instead they kept her there for hours. No, I don't see any necessity in that. The questions they had to ask her could have been dispensed with in far shorter time.

Sorry, but imo she's just one more victim of the State's scorched earth prosecution of RH.

But wasn't she anonymous with no cameras or sound when she testified? I think that makes it pretty easy on her, for the most part.

lol he gets excited, and a couple times I have heard him misspeak. Once on OS he said they have video from CF, when he clearly meant HD parking lot, because he started telling what they would see.

I've lost track of the number of times Staley has sustained Kilgore's objections to Boring leading a witness.

What I don't like is that he rambles and asks really vague questions that usually end with "or anything like that".

If he's not asking amorphous questions like that, then he is leading his witness with questions that essentially provide the answer the witness is supposed to give.

In addition, he often takes on a tone of either sarcasm or disdain (or both).

How many are related to sex addiction? Probably none.

I would bet money more children are injured as a result of their caregiver's heroin addiction than a parent's sex addiction.

A parent's use of illegal narcotics is grounds for a child to be removed from the home. That's because it presents a known and foreseeable risk to the child. The same cannot be said about sexting.

Sexting minors can result in children being removed from a parents care.

In terms of the hot car deaths, it is not sexting itself, BUT NEGLIGENCE that is the problem. And in this case, it is negligence because of his distraction with his sex addiction that is the problem. JMO

Sexting minors can result in children being removed from a parents care.

In terms of the hot car deaths, it is not sexting itself, BUT NEGLIGENCE that is the problem. And in this case, it is negligence because of his distraction with his sex addiction that is the problem. JMO

From what you're saying, any kind of distraction that leads to a parent forgetting their child in the car is negligence per se and should result in a felony murder conviction.

A question for minor4th and others.

If I was any of those girls over age I would have rrquested to have *in camera* only, which would negate me being on television and my name being splashed in the media. did any of the gals request sich and denied? Is that, Minor... something that should have been considered and might have been considered in the state of Georgia.

Or is this something that would never have been approved and I have just been following too many other trials and misunderstanding this opportunity to not have name splashed all over?

From what you're saying, any kind of distraction that leads to a parent forgetting their child in the car is negligence per se and should result in a felony murder conviction.

NO< not at all. There are distractions out of one's control.

But he was the one that chose to sext until 3 am the previous night, begin sexting again at 5 am, then continue to be on his WHISPER app while with his child that morning and while driving. That is criminal negligence because he chose to 'be distracted.' Not the same thing at all as someone distracted by a spouses terminal illness or an impending divorce or bankruptcy or being overly tired from working the late shift each night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlit7