Trial - Ross Harris #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CvivBJaWEAE2ikM.jpg

Jurors see video of Ross Harris taking Cooper to daycare the day before Cooper's death showing child was awake.@wsbtv

https://twitter.com/RossCavittWSB/status/790574218564042753/photo/1

Video from the parking lot on June 18, 2014, shows after parking Harris spent around 30 seconds inside his car before going into work.

Boring is showing different camera angles of the Home Depot Treehouse parking lot on the day of June 18, 2014. Harris' car enters 9:24 a.m. and has finished parking at 9:25 a.m. Harris is seen leaving the car at 9:26 a.m. Boring has Stoddard note the moments that the car door opens and when Harris closes the door.

Video shows Harris leaving his office around 4:15 p.m. There is also video of Harris walking out to his car. At 4:16, Harris gets in the car and leaves. The windows of his SUV appear to be up, Stoddard said.

On a map, Boring and Stoddard are now marking all the places that Harris parked in the Home Depot Treehouse parking lot in the days leading up to Cooper's death. Some locations are not viewable from Home Depot video footage.

This is interesting. He obviously didn't park in the same spot every day, but would you say he parked in the same general area each day?

Harris was able to give Stoddard a very detailed account of his day. However, in his account of his lunch outing he left out the part about going to Home Depot for lightbulbs.

“There was a big pause,” Stoddard said. He starts saying things like “ummm … or trying to draw it out a little bit longer,” the detective testified.

He never said anything about going to Home Depot. He never said anything about going back to his car or going into his car.

Harris returned to his parked car after lunch at around 12:41 and threw the lightbulbs into the front seat.

New article just posted

"Justin Ross Harris's defense attorneys are preparing to lay into the state's case against him, as they try to convince the jury that the hot car death of his 22-month-old son Cooper was an accident.

The prosecutors, who are expected to wrap their case this week, have attacked Harris, 35, as a sexual deviant who wanted his son out of his life. He is charged with first degree murder.

Harris's defense rests on convincing the jury that he forgot his son was in the family vehicle. They are expected to attack lead detective Phil Stoddard - whose shocking testimony two years ago helped turn public opinion against Harris - as well as the Cobb County police department."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ant-son-die-overheated-car.html#ixzz4O1CT6cWK

Thanks for all your posts and coverage of the trial everybody.

“(Frame) is in the frame of the door,” Stoddard said. There is nothing between him and having a clear view into the interior of the car.

However, he never put his head into the inside of the car.

As he walks away from the car, he pauses when someone walks toward his car.

“It is possible that the defendant is turning his head as that person walks by him,” Stoddard testified, although it’s unclear from the video.

OMG can Stoddard not answer a question with out a lead prompt from Boring?
And at one point Stoddard says "it is what it is" and Boring asks again, is it possible he looking back.. Kilgore objects because he just answered "it is what is " couldnt tell. Judge overruled! :facepalm:

Stoddard said Harris doesn’t appear to have a problem walking and looking at his phone. He never stopped to look at his phone in any of the videos that Stoddard viewed.

I must being seeing things, because it looks to me like he looked over his shoulder while pausing. (And possibly fake fumbling with his phone.) I only saw that from one angle, it was not clear in another.

:waitasec:

The court is taking a break for lunch.

So the State's case goes at least through Thursday. Did anyone catch the DT's motion on discovery, what new evidence the State is bringing in without having disclosed it before to the DT?

Kilgore sounded aggravated, unusual for him, with his retort (paraphrasing) "I don't think you understand what's in the motion" to Staley.

My take on the text was him suggesting he and the women he was texting needed an escape from their married lives. Throwing Cooper in the comment, for me, was him showing that his son is what keeps him from permanently escaping his marriage. Basically I feel he was using the word escape but should have used the word "break". But I don't feel he meant an "escape or break "from Cooper. Just my take when you look at all the texts together which I do not feel the police did. They seem to have taken things out of context and leaked them to the press and used them to charge before they had all the info.

JMHO I think it was in ref to LH and him wanting to go to the movies that day. He asked Alex & Winston at 7:11 night prior. That morning later after that "red image" comment back, When in chat with Alex & Winston he made comment that LH wasn't going but he didnt car (he was going anyways)

Remember Stoddard thought orig that RH had posted that "red image" whisper post for a long time. (that was testified by couple witness) At first it only showed the red image and not the comments under (which is where RH commented) BUT in the Beginning Stoddard thought RH did it and because it had "my son" they are going with that RH meant he needed a break from Cooper, so he left him in the car. They didnt get the comment section for while so I not sure when they then decided to say that is who RH needed break from. Have to look back at notes of when got comments and when charges filed on other counts. JMHO

“(Frame) is in the frame of the door,” Stoddard said. There is nothing between him and having a clear view into the interior of the car.

However, he never put his head into the inside of the car.

As he walks away from the car, he pauses when someone walks toward his car.

“It is possible that the defendant is turning his head as that person walks by him,” Stoddard testified, although it’s unclear from the video.

It's also possible he's doing no such thing. What a strange thing to say. A more truthful observation would be: " he pauses, but the video isn't clear enough to be certain of what he's doing when he does so."

And imo, Staley should have rebuked Boring by now about his leading of witnesses. Either he doesn't know how to properly question witnesses, or he's constantly feeding his witnesses testimony, with total impunity.

I missed the morning testimony - thanks everyone for posting!

So the state is trying to enter new evidence? Any ideas about what it is?

JMHO I think it was in ref to LH and him wanting to go to the movies that day. He asked Alex & Winston at 7:11 night prior. That morning later after that "red image" comment back, When in chat with Alex & Winston he made comment that LH wasn't going but he didnt car (he was going anyways)

Remember Stoddard thought orig that RH had posted that "red image" whisper post for a long time. (that was testified by couple witness) At first it only showed the red image and not the comments under (which is where RH commented) BUT in the Beginning Stoddard thought RH did it and because it had "my son" they are going with that RH meant he needed a break from Cooper, so he left him in the car. They didnt get the comment section for while so I not sure when they then decided to say that is who RH needed break from. Have to look back at notes of when got comments and when charges filed on other counts. JMHO

They didn't 'decide' to say who RH needed a break from. Ross spelled it out to them himself by saying " I LOVE MY SON AND ALL, but .....sometimes we need an escape..." I think that pretty clearly says he needed an escape from his son at times.

there appears to be a complete disconnect between leanna and cooper. watching the video of her with ross. <mod snip>she might not have been in on the murder but i think they both had had enough of being parents so that's why there was no tears, no sorrow for cooper, only the killer.

I'm glad they played it, helps to actually visualize the drive and intersection we've been hearing about for over 2 years. But yeah, I know for me that drive is the kind capable of scrambling my brain. :)

I'm glad they played it too. It is important information - it's just not helpful to the prosecution IMO

Yet their son, who is only 7 weeks away from his 2nd birthday weighs only 21 lbs. 5 oz. He obviously lost some weight due to the heat. I assumed he had a medical diagnosis that accounted for his weight; however, RH stated he was without medical problems. He was not a low birth weight newborn, weighing 6 lbs 8 oz. Growth spurts, finicky eating habits, etc. do not normalize this weight. Perhaps we'll hear in testimony regarding how hie nutrition was being addressed.

They got his medical records from his Ped and he was healthy and no medical issues at all. Autopsy Report has that info http://media.wix.com/ugd/943520_7cd46570b4a9474b9e36c87173e7a14d.pdf

SBBM

Whoa! I have not watched all of the testimony, but I have carefully followed these threads and yet this detail totally went over my head! Would someone please tell me more? Was it clear to you in the video that he was taking "small faltering steps"? Did the defense challenge this at all?

Thanks in advance.

Quoting myself. I never saw a response to my question over the weekend; so I figured there wasn't anything to it. Now that I've seen that video of Ross leaving work, I didn't see anything strange about his walk--not for lack of trying.

They didn't 'decide' to say who RH needed a break from. Ross spelled it out to them himself by saying " I LOVE MY SON AND ALL, but .....sometimes we need an escape..." I think that pretty clearly says he needed an escape from his son at times.

when he said we, who did he mean by we? he and leanna from cooper? he and cooper from leanna? out of all his weird statements and hers for me that's the most telling. he knew what he was about to do. he went out at lunch to see what was happening and i don't think he had to lean all the way in cause he could still hear cooper struggling for life. i'm all for getting that car...parking its in that spot on the same day and letting him die just the way he let cooper die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member