Trial - Ross Harris #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prosecutor questions Stoddard about records pulled from Little Apron Academy. They show that Harris dropped Cooper off at day care majority of the time.

Obviously, JMO...but the driving videos feel necessary. Maybe tedious and annoying, but necessary. I feel like bot sides need those videos to happen. SO much talking about the route this whole time, it would be disappointing to not have a visual. If I were on the jury I would want to see it.

With this case, it would be hard to prove it's intentional since there is no real smoking gun. This is where you either take Ross' word or you don't. Cooper died in Ross' care and a "ooops, my bad, I must have drawn a blank" doesn't fly with me and neither should it fly with LE. I'm repeating myself, again, LOL, in this case it's hard to prove if he did this intentionally or not. The evidence I've seen this far tells me it was intentional.
Each person can view the evidence as they wish and I'm sure the jury will have some long hours of discussing this case. ;)

Oh and thank you for saying I make very good points :blowkiss: I think sometimes I'm the only one who believes what I believe.. lol There are lots of posters here that make valid points as well ;) BUT I'M RIGHT!!!! LOL.. :tantrum: ;)

It will be interesting to see how long they deliberate for sure. As far as the "drawing a blank" or Opps not flying and shouldn't I don't think Ross even feels that way. I saw a man on that tape dumbfounded as to how he could allow this to happen and assuming everyone will hate him because of his stupidity. Especially when and if the fact that he allowed himself to be so distracted by texting other woman. That said at what point does an accident turn into a crime? My understanding is it is with intent to harm or an understanding that your actions could reasonably result in an injury or death. I don't think anyone could reasonable say texting day and night could cause a death given its not while driving. Had he been inside his home texting these women and Cooper walked out the front door without Ross knowing and got hit by a car, would LE feel the same or would that be viewed as an accident?

It will be interesting to see how long they deliberate for sure. As far as the "drawing a blank" or Opps not flying and shouldn't I don't think Ross even feels that way. I saw a man on that tape dumbfounded as to how he could allow this to happen and assuming everyone will hate him because of his stupidity. Especially when and if the fact that he allowed himself to be so distracted by texting other woman. That said at what point does an accident turn into a crime? My understanding is it is with intent to harm or an understanding that your actions could reasonably result in an injury or death. I don't think anyone could reasonable say texting day and night could cause a death given its not while driving. Had he been inside his home texting these women and Cooper walked out the front door without Ross knowing and got hit by a car, would LE feel the same or would that be viewed as an accident?

Several of the charges do not require intent.

Prosecution plays video of Harris and Cooper entering day care the day before his death. In the video Cooper is awake.

Stoddard says during interviews, Harris told them that Cooper said "school" just before leaving Chick-fil-A.

Stoddard says that according to video footage from Little Apron Academy, Cooper was always awake when Leanna brought him in at an earlier hour. The times when Ross dropped him off at a later hour, Cooper would sometimes be asleep.

Stoddard says that Harris stated that Cooper had slept early and that Cooper was wide awake at Chick-fil-A. He says that Ross described the Chick-fil-A meal as a "daddy-son" breakfast. Stoddard says that Leanna and Ross would often coordinate daily who would pick up Cooper.

Prosecution plays video of Harris and Cooper entering day care the day before his death. In the video Cooper is awake.

Stoddard says during interviews, Harris told them that Cooper said "school" just before leaving Chick-fil-A.

Wonder if he said that on tape, by any chance? Don't remember hearing it on the video we saw.

Several of the charges do not require intent.

But they require a person to have a reasonable understanding to conclude that their actions could cause harm or death. To me that's purposely leaving the child in a hot car to grocery shop or leaving the kid at home unattended because you don't have money for a baby sitter and the kid has an accident. Not texting too much. On the flip side- I am very easily distracted and I purposely leave my phone in my purse while driving so I don't check my texts. My Bluetooth is on in the car incase I need to make or receive a call. I know I can wreck or cause an accident if I looked down or attempted to send a quick text while driving. I'm not sure Ross's texting falls in that category.

I would be a little miffed if I were on the jury, having to watch the state fumbling around with these videos and watching the drive 4 different times.

Also, this video is not helpful to the prosecution IMO. The streets, traffic and intersections are far busier and complex than I imagined before I saw this. It also seems farther away then I had pictured in my mind. That's just me ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ross drove this route all the time and the traffic hasn't stopped him in the past from leaving Cooper in the car all day! Why would the day in question be any different.

Lots of objections from the defense regarding this car seat testimony. I don't think I've seen them object this much at once.

Stoddard said Cooper was about three inches too big for the rear-facing car seat he was riding in on the day of his death.

Stoddard says that police are not sure from the Harris' text messaging which day Ross Harris switched to a rear-facing car seat for Cooper.

Ross drove this route all the time and the traffic hasn't stopped him in the past from leaving Cooper in the car all day! Why would the day in question be any different.

I haven't heard them compare RH's texting habits in the days leading up to the 18th. I think it would be important to do so. See if the number of texts and people he was messaging was out of the norm or was the only difference the amount of sleep or lack there of.

Now I would most likely view that as a accident. :hand: Ross leaving Cooper in the car THAT HOT day, isn't. MOO! In your home you can get distracted by lots of other things so keeping an eye on your toddler all the time would be hard. However, I would think a parent would keep doors shut or locked, child proof etc.

i'm trying to find the video of ross and leanna talking in the room when she's allowed to see him. is there a copy here?

On a map, Boring and Stoddard are now marking all the places that Harris parked in the Home Depot Treehouse parking lot in the days leading up to Cooper's death. Some locations are not viewable from Home Depot video footage.

I haven't heard them compare RH's texting habits in the days leading up to the 18th. I think it would be important to do so. See if the number of texts and people he was messaging was out of the norm or was the only difference the amount of sleep or lack there of.

IIRC Ross was messaging women a lot in the past and I do believe it started increasing as time went on more and more with more women. That day, IMO, was like no other day. Was tried or caught up in texting, then you would think he would NOT have remembered Cooper in the car at CFA. He said to LE that he always uses the drive through but not that day. If he was that distracted and tired, why would he remember Cooper was in the car for CFA? He had the presence of mind to know that because in the CFA video you see him holding Cooper, no distractions.

i'm trying to find the video of ross and leanna talking in the room when she's allowed to see him. is there a copy here?

starts about the 6:24 mark:

[video=youtube;lwbQuyHUx-A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwbQuyHUx-A[/video]

how could he still be at CFA when those texts were sent 30 seconds before pulling into the Treehouse? And, the text sent 4 minutes before going into CFA does not mean it was sent "in transit." He could have ben sitting in his car in the parking lot.

My thoughts all along have been questioning whether each of the separate time stamps are in sync. If one of them is nearly one minute different (phone timestamp vs.at the Home Depot parking lot) making a text.. that could be when he pulled in and sat in the car for 30 seconds.

If each time frame and time stamp was off the same thing, I would agree where he was. But because they were different time stamps from different sources.. I still question where he was and exactly when.

Inmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member