Trial - Ross Harris #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LawNewz ‏@law_newz 4m4 minutes ago
It is six miles from the home of #JustinRossHarris to the CFA that he and Cooper went to on the morning of 6/18. #hotcardeath #hotcarcase

LawNewz ‏@law_newz 3m3 minutes ago
Depending on traffic it can take anywhere from 20 minutes and up to get to the CFA from #JustinRossHarris home. #hotcardeath #hotcarcase

LawNewz ‏@law_newz 2m2 minutes ago
From the CFA to Little Apron Academy is .6 miles. #JustinRossHarris #hotcardeath #hotcarcase

Anyone have a good live link? Mine from 11alive gets shutting off. TIA

here is the youtube version of Fox5 Atlanta's live streaming of the trial:

[video=youtube;w9Q_qealYls]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9Q_qealYls[/video]

In the past, we have never had problems with buffering or stopping, it's the best stream out there, don't bother with any other links from the mod's first page.

9:24.28 he sent message on whisper
9:24.42 he is pulling into treehouse. (Not into the parking spot, but into into the HD lot.)

For anyone watching, did I hear that correctly?

LawNewz ‏@law_newz 41s42 seconds ago
Det.Stoddard tells jury that while in the car with Cooper btwn CFA and the Treehouse he was messaging women on the Whisper App. #hotcardeath

Huh? Now he says the texts were sent after leaving CFA

They also found three receipts inside of Harris car. One is dated June 11, 2014.

It was printed at 09:01 a.m. at a drive thru. Harris had already dropped Cooper off at the daycare before going to Chick-fil-A.

Another receipt is for June 2 after he had dropped Cooper off.

While on his way to Chick-fil-A the day Cooper died, he was sexting to someone on the Whisper app. He responds to texts while also ____.

“I love my son and all but we all need escapes,” he messaged while eating breakfast with Cooper.

When interviewed, Harris didn’t mention anything about distractions while driving to work that morning.

There were no photos from traffic cameras of Harris driving to work.

Harris’ house was about 6 miles away from the Chick-fil-A, a 20 minute drive or so in morning traffic.

From the restaurant to Harris’ office is only 0.6 miles.

Stoddard has driven that route. You take a right turn out of the Chick-fil-A you have to get over very quickly to the left to make a U-turn. As soon as you make that U-turn you have to turn to the left again to get on Paces Ferry. There’s traffic coming at a pretty good clip in both directions and cars entering the roadway.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 2m2 minutes ago
At the time #rossharris states in Whisper him and his wife need an escape, Cooper is in the car with him #hotcardeath

Huh? Now he says the texts were send after leaving CFA

People tweeting are saying 9:15, but I have not heard this in testimony.

It's pretty confusing

Eta: I see JerseyGirl clarified that. There were 3 messages sent, the first one was at 9:15, the last was when he was in the car w/ Cooper

Prosecutors go through several of Harris' receipts from Chick-fil-A in the month of June 2014. Receipts and video from the day of of Cooper's death shows Harris exited Chick-fil-A at 9:20:33.

Stoddard says Harris sent the Whisper message "I love my son and all but we both need escapes," at 9:15:33 while he was sitting at Chick-fil-A with his son.

Video shows Harris pulling into the Home Depot Treehouse Office parking lot at 9:24:42, just four minutes after leaving Chick-fil-A. Phone records show Harris sent another message in the conversation about his son on Whisper at 9:24:28, about the time he would have been pulling into the parking lot at work.

Stoddard says a week after Cooper's death, he drove the same route Harris would have taken from Chick-fil-A to his office to see how long it took. He says Harris only had 30-40 seconds after leaving Chick-fil-A before he would make the turn to take his son to day care.

Thanks for replying! I was just curious if after buckling him in if he sat and checked his phone and sent some messages before pulling away. That would get me closer to excepting the possibility that he was so tired and so distracted that he pulled out of CF and went to work as he does on the days he goes to CF and to work on his own. Especially if Cooper hadn't made any noise. My 2 1/2 year old loves being the car and isn't very chatty at all on the way to school. I talk to him in the review mirror and all he does is smile or giggle back at me. He can speak and talks a lot. Just not in the car. I'm not making excuses for Ross. I just get the sense that many on her under estimate just how distracting smart phones can be for some people and just how foggy lack of sleep can make you. Doesn't make it right I'm just saying I can see how it could happen if you aren't careful.

THere is a text at 9:15 and one at 9:24 when he is either puling into the parking lot, driving on the road or parked. Probably another text in-between. Either way, Cooper is in the car.

LawNewz ‏@law_newz 1m1 minute ago
Each test run the detectives ran took approximently 2 and 1/2 minutes. The longest was 2:48. #JustinRossHarris #hotcardeath #hotcarcase

Ross Harris Trial ‏@RossHarrisTrial 1m1 minute ago
Stoddard says Harris only had 30-40 seconds after leaving Chick-fil-A before he would make the turn to take his son to day care #HotCarDeath

Would it be not right to take a SS of his yellow pad with his notes clearly visible? :D

I recall one of the women, I think it was Jaynie Meadows, who said that when she talked with Ross he used his bluetooth and she would hear Cooper in the back babbling.

So no way did Cooper fall fast asleep (like some other children may have) when put in a car seat and driven around.

LawNewz ‏@law_newz 1m1 minute ago
Detectives did not take into account the time it would have taken to get Cooper in the car before pulling out of the CFA. #hotcardeath

Once you leave the Chick-fil-A, you have 30 or 40 seconds to make the decision if you want to make a left (toward the daycare) or go straight to the Home Depot office building. Detectives drove the route four or five times around the same day of week, Cooper, and around the same time Harris would have driven it.

The detectives wrote down how much time it took to drive the route each time.
First: it took 2 minutes and 13 seconds.
Second: 2 minutes and 40 seconds
Third: 2 minutes and 41 seconds.
Fourth: 2 minutes and 48 seconds
Fifth: 2 minutes and 43 seconds

They drove the route again in 2016, using a rented Hyundai Tucson, the type of vehicle Harris had. They recorded the drives using two GoPros and also, this time, starting from a parking space actually in the Chick-fil-A parking space.

I recall one of the women, I think it was Jaynie Meadows, who said that when she talked with Ross he used his bluetooth and she would hear Cooper in the back babbling.

So no way did Cooper fall fast asleep (like some other children may have) when put in a car seat and driven around.

Just as a matter of logic, that someone who had never met Cooper says she sometimes heard Cooper awake when RH bluetoothed in the car does not mean Cooper was always awake in the car, nor that he didn't typically fall asleep in the car, much less that he was awake that morning.

Cooper falling asleep during a 20 minute drive: believable.

Cooper falling asleep during a 2-3 minute drive: not believable.

Thanks for replying! I was just curious if after buckling him in if he sat and checked his phone and sent some messages before pulling away. That would get me closer to excepting the possibility that he was so tired and so distracted that he pulled out of CF and went to work as he does on the days he goes to CF and to work on his own. Especially if Cooper hadn't made any noise. My 2 1/2 year old loves being the car and isn't very chatty at all on the way to school. I talk to him in the review mirror and all he does is smile or giggle back at me. He can speak and talks a lot. Just not in the car. I'm not making excuses for Ross. I just get the sense that many on her under estimate just how distracting smart phones can be for some people and just how foggy lack of sleep can make you. Doesn't make it right I'm just saying I can see how it could happen if you aren't careful.

I understand what you are saying about being foggy from lack of sleep. However, Ross wasn't that tired to forget he had Cooper in the car when he walked in CFA while holding Cooper in his arms. Ross was most likely always distracted from messaging all these females and yet he told LE that he has never left Cooper in the car before. This day was different, it was hot out and Ross went into detail how that day went and yet drew a "blank" when it came to driving out of CFA and straight to work? He wasn't that tired because he made plans to go to the movies later that evening...

Boring is now showing the jury the GoPro footage. Given the time of year since school was in session, the traffic likely would have been heavier than it was on the summer day that Cooper died. There are trucks and cars speeding by on the wide, multi-lane road.

There are some problems with the video stopping and starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member