DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Confirmation bias appears to go both ways. moo

Justice for Cooper ~|~

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just watched the video after Raessi testified and based on what is captured I think RH using the term Malicious Intent just previous (and being the reason the officer began recording) is very believable and fits in with everything else RH says that it captured on video. In fact, I think it is a big stretch for people to think this "made up".

I found Raessi to be a very good witness and I find no reason to believe he is lying about this!

I also thought it was a good point by the state that "Malicious Intent" is not a term used in Alabama where RH got all his police dept. training... But is a charge/term used in the state of Georgia. Hmmm.

We disagree. I started off this AM with a resolution to suspend my disbelief and take State witnesses and their case at face value today, but really, they keep making that very difficult to do. Fool me once and all that.

The same could be said about any expert hired by the state or defense, IMO. They wouldn't be hired if they weren't able to testify on behalf of the side that hired them.

TRUE. But not every expert has their own personal theory that they put forth EVERY TIME in a case. When you hire a medical examiner, he will look at the evidence and then tell you what his findings are from that info. But with Dr D, you know that he is there to say that this defendant had a bad case of Forgotten Baby Syndrome. Every single time...

Field trip tomorrow, Thursday, Thursday being, iirc, when the State indicated they would conclude their case in chief.

Inference- Leanna must be testifying for the defense.

Can someone explain the significance of the remote island testimony? I'm not watching live and not sure I understand the relevancy.

TRUE. But not every expect has their own personal theory that they put forth EVERY TIME in a case. When you hire a medical examiner, he will look at the evidence and then tell you what his findings are from that info. But with Dr D, you know that he is there to say that this defendant had a bad case of Forgotten Baby Syndrome. Every single time...

Lol. Think LaViolette, just for starters.

We disagree. I started off this AM with a resolution to suspend my disbelief and take State witnesses and their case at face value today, but really, they keep making that very difficult to do. Fool me once and all that.

So Raessi is lying under oath and manufactured this claim?

Serious LOL. Is the State really that sloppy? Or did they perhaps anticipate a less diligent and prepared DT and a sympathetic judge?

Serious question. For some reason I can't follow the convoluted tick tock of car seat related investigations.

That is exactly what happen.

Deal with the car seat. It was in a different position 6/18/14 when Cooper Harris was sitting in it when he died.
7/2/14 the car seat was messed with, which when put into car changed the position of it. It leans back towards the drivers seat/front than it did when Cooper Harris was sitting in the car seat when he died 6/18. Cooper's head also was not in the position when he was when he died (of the doll used 7/2/14 or new one created to look like Cooper head straight up) , it was leaned over per ME Dr. Frist the lividity showed this. . Thus making the top of his head over the top as Stoddard has said, not factual. Grimstead testimony and reports on Cross brought to the attention of both Grimstead and State that he did not use all the measurements taken 6/18/14 or he would have realized the seat was off. Measurements from rear to top of car seat would have been off. But he didn't bother with that one. Report reflected that.

And just like I said earlier about Evans, he was ticked the Def talked about the new doll being talked about before the State had chance. They been playing tit for tat both sides. JMHO Evans brought this up few min ago.

Can someone explain the significance of the remote island testimony? I'm not watching live and not sure I understand the relevancy.

Yes . The State wanted jurors to believe RH was researching remote islands because he dreamed of escape. The DT blew up that foolishness with evidence RH had searched the topic after reading an offbeat article on Reddit mentioning the exact remote islands he searched for a minute after reading the article.

Agree to disagree!

Well the jury will have to decide if they think the witness is lying. I guess that is the case in any trial. Everything will not always be on videotape or in black and white (although theses days just about everything is being recorded in society! LOL!)
Just as they will have to decide if ANY witness who testifies to something they heard or experienced is telling the truth. Defense and prosecution. [emoji4]

I just watched the video after Raessi testified and based on what is captured I think RH using the term Malicious Intent just previous (and being the reason the officer began recording) is very believable and fits in with everything else RH says that it captured on video. In fact, I think it is a big stretch for people to think this "made up".

I found Raessi to be a very good witness and I find no reason to believe he is lying about this!

I also thought it was a good point by the state that "Malicious Intent" is not a term used in Alabama where RH got all his police dept. training... But is a charge/term used in the state of Georgia. Hmmm.

Obviously the term "malicious intent" is something a Georgia LEO would be familiar with but maybe not to someone with an Alabama LE connection.

Did RH really say "malicious intent"? I'm not so sure. JMO

Agree to disagree!

Well the jury will have to decide if they think the witness is lying. I guess that is the case in any trial. Everything will not always be on videotape or in black and white (although theses days just about everything is being recorded in society! LOL!)
Just as they will have to decide if ANY witness who testifies to something they heard or experienced is telling the truth. Defense and prosecution. [emoji4]

Yes, the jury's job to decide on witness credibility. I feel more sorry for that jury every passing day. If they really are impartial and are keeping an open mind, I think their deliberations are going to be brutal.

Have you watched the 3D video? Serious question. I saw the one PRIOR, but the one in question now is totally different in few aspects.That why being argued now.

I watched their hearing with the judge on this 3D scan and I thought the DT sounded petty with their arguments against this new revised, improved scan. As the State explained, the scan was revised because of questions put forth in cross about the measurements etc. So they decided to redo that one scan and make sure it is exact.

So the DT then says it is unfair because ' we already planned out or cross examinations based upon the original scan and now they want to change it.' Seriously? I think they DT sounded silly with their feigned outrage over the State trying to make a scan more accurate.

Agree to disagree!

RBBM which is why I am shocked that no one used their cell phone and videoed the scene.

Curious after the jury hears Closing and go back if they will ask hear anyone's testimony read back. Or which pieces of evidence they wish to look over (if after first vote not all in agreement) Also it will be around Thanksgiving. How many may change their vote to agree whichever way to be done? Not saying they would or wouldn't just curious about something on that issue we never will know. Just the verdict for most part. JMHO

Deal with the car seat. It was in a different position 6/18/14 when Cooper Harris was sitting in it when he died.
7/2/14 the car seat was messed with, which when put into car changed the position of it. It leans back towards the drivers seat/front than it did when Cooper Harris was sitting in the car seat when he died 6/18. Cooper's head also was not in the position when he was when he died (of the doll used 7/2/14 or new one created to look like Cooper head straight up) , it was leaned over per ME Dr. Frist the lividity showed this. . Thus making the top of his head over the top as Stoddard has said, not factual. Grimstead testimony and reports on Cross brought to the attention of both Grimstead and State that he did not use all the measurements taken 6/18/14 or he would have realized the seat was off. Measurements from rear to top of car seat would have been off. But he didn't bother with that one. Report reflected that.

And just like I said earlier about Evans, he was ticked the Def talked about the new doll being talked about before the State had chance. They been playing tit for tat both sides. JMHO Evans brought this up few min ago.

I'm tuning out testimony right now, so thanks. I had the gist of what was manipulated and by whom, I just don't understand how (or believe?) the State didn't catch this until trial. Are you saying LE didn't communicate with the DA about these manipulations, and the State accepted them at face value?

So now the State wants to enter into evidence a new scan with the proper measurements, and the DT tries to block it. Does that make sense? Why wouldn't they want an accurate 3D scan ?

RBBM which is why I am shocked that no one used their cell phone and videoed the scene.

Curious after the jury hears Closing and go back if they will ask hear anyone's testimony read back. Or which pieces of evidence they wish to look over (if after first vote not all in agreement) Also it will be around Thanksgiving. How many may change their vote to agree whichever way to be done? Not saying they would or wouldn't just curious about something on that issue we never will know. Just the verdict for most part. JMHO

I always worry about that when trials begin deliberations around big holidays. It is only human nature to want to be done with it and go on a planned family Holiday. I hope that does not get in the way here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaMaude