Trial - Ross Harris #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What would Cooper think if he knew his daddy, who is supposed to protect him, the person he relied on, who he should be able to trust above all others...was sitting around-pants around his ankles, phone in one hand, privates in his other-communicating sexually with strangers...while Cooper sat there waiting on him to come back? That was what RH had become. A sorry excuse of a man. Focused on self gratification. Communication with strangers was exciting, not parenting. Spending $375 in a month on a hooker was a priority, not a proper sized car seat for his only child. That little joker drained enough money and attention away from Ross. IMO Ross did this intentionally. Not sure if it's been proven beyond reasonable doubt, but close.

What do you actually know about RH and how he felt about Cooper? On what do you base what you think you know? On the fact that in one and only text , of many thousands searched by the State, RH called Cooper a joker, and said he drained his bank account?

This in the context of-- don't rush to have babies? For all you know the text was in the context of RH shovelling out advice, which was clearly part of his online MO.

I have to try hard not to think about what Cooper thought when his dad walked away from the car and he couldn't see him anymore, and he didn't come back. I remember when my daughter was rear facing and she would watch me load the groceries into the trunk or whatever. She would be staring at me like a hawk with giant blue eyes and the moment I turned to put the cart away, she would fall apart. I always parked right by the cart return but she just got so upset. I hate to think of Cooper getting upset. He must have felt so betrayed and so scared.

Not if he was asleep. Which imo he most likely was, since no one heard him while RH's door was wide open those 18 seconds, nor when person after person that morning walked right next to the car or near enough to it to have heard a distraught toddler screaming.

What do you actually know about RH and how he felt about Cooper? On what do you base what you think you know? On the fact that in one and only text , of many thousands searched by the State, RH called Cooper a joker, and said he drained his bank account?

This in the context of-- don't rush to have babies? For all you know the text was in the context of RH shovelling out advice, which was clearly part of his online MO.

Well, we know Cooper is dead and it's Ross' fault. I think that speaks volumns about how he felt about Cooper. This wasn't an accidental case of FBS (in fact, I think most hot car deaths are actually intentional because people see it's a great way to unload a kid without consequences). I cannot believe anyone would honestly and truly believe RH didn't see Cooper when he parked his car and gathered his things to get out. I believe the ones who believe that are saying it only to justify their opinions that RH should be acquitted because of whatever mistakes were made early on. Shame on LE they had no right to arrest him and charge him with murder, andplusalso he didn't even know Cooper was there!

Not if he was asleep. Which imo he most likely was, since no one heard him while RH's door was wide open those 18 seconds, nor when person after person that morning walked right next to the car or near enough to it to have heard a distraught toddler screaming.

Was Cooper narcoleptic? If so, I can maybe believe he fell asleep that fast. But otherwise, nope. Nobody was near his car when he parked it if I remember right. He may have fallen asleep from crying to the point of exhaustion by the time the first person walked near the car. But I am not surprised nobody heard him in a closed car with windows up. Maybe we live in different realities, but I can't hear my kid yelling at me when I pump gas if the windows are all closed, so I wouldn't expect anyone else to hear her either.

Did RH actually do CPR or mouth to mouth on Cooper? I'm confused about this.

Does anyone else think the mistrial claims are Kilgore's emergency parachute? Or is this just a standard tactic? Maybe with the view of the SUV, car seat, and doll it's hard to fathom how RH could have not seen his son. I thought maybe there was chance RH would be not guilty of malice murder but I'm starting to think the tide has turned towards the prosecution.

It's standard practice. Every criminal trial defense is about laying the groundwork for appeals as well as "vigorously" defending their client at trial.

If the DT doesn't make an objection at trial, in most cases appellate courts won't review the legal issues underlying the objection. Asking for a mistrial is essentially an objection writ large - that the contested issue is significant enough to have prejudiced the entire trial.

Good afternoon Hope

Prosecutor Boring said. "The defendant intended to kill Cooper and he intended to do all the things that killed Cooper."

I share that opinion. It's based on his behavior and the results of that behavior. A dead child. I'm very grateful Ross has competent attorneys that are ensuring he is being given a fair trial. After his fair trial I look forward to Ross being locked away for many many years.

Maybe his clothing was evidence so they couldn't use it on the doll. The most noticible part of Cooper, his head, was a darn good match though. If someone missed that, they wouldn't have noticed his socks.

His brilliant attorneys should have objected to the white socks when they saw them on the doll but they didn't.

Was Cooper narcoleptic? If so, I can maybe believe he fell asleep that fast. But otherwise, nope. Nobody was near his car when he parked it if I remember right. He may have fallen asleep from crying to the point of exhaustion by the time the first person walked near the car. But I am not surprised nobody heard him in a closed car with windows up. Maybe we live in different realities, but I can't hear my kid yelling at me when I pump gas if the windows are all closed, so I wouldn't expect anyone else to hear her either.

Why would your child be screaming in distress as you are within sight, pumping gas?

If you've never had occasion to be able to hear a child even just routine having fun or being tired or being angry yelling loudly enough to be heard outside your car , then yes, we must live in different realities.

But, imo there isn't much basis for a meaningful discussion anyway, given your apparent belief that most children who die in hot cars have been murdered by their parents, and that to believe the State must prove RH guilty is to want RH to walk.

Yeah but it is just so weird. If that was my kid and I wasn't the parent that left her, I wouldn't even have the thought of an attorney. That was so soon after he was discovered dead...why did she already have an attorney? Why was that a thought in her mind? I just don't get it.

I absolutely agree with you. For me, when you're innocent you have nothing to hide. I'd throw the drapes wide open and invite LE to enter and take as they wish. Those with guilty consciences or something to hide don't.

I'm not getting the relevance of whether the doll wore white socks or not.

The car seat is red. The interior of the Hyundai is grey scale. Cooper had blonde hair.

White socks don't contrast nearly as well than a fire engine red car seat with blonde hair on it.

All JRH had to do was glance right - just as he did to change lanes when he allegedly "discovered" Cooper in the back seat - to see the contrast of red and golden colors against the rest of the interior.

Good afternoon Hope

Prosecutor Boring said. "The defendant intended to kill Cooper and he intended to do all the things that killed Cooper."

I share that opinion. It's based on his behavior and the results of that behavior. A dead child. I'm very grateful Ross has competent attorneys that are ensuring he is being given a fair trial. After his fair trial I look forward to Ross being locked away for many many years.

Hi Tex. We meet again on the battlefield, lol. :D

What behavior indicates to you RH intended to kill Cooper? You keep talking about prostitutes and the like, but how does that translate into evidence of an intent to kill Cooper?

The man had his cake and was eating it too, (tho gorging is more apt) frequently, with impunity from his wife. What behavior, as relates to Cooper, not Leanna? I'm all ears. :)

Well, we know Cooper is dead and it's Ross' fault. I think that speaks volumns about how he felt about Cooper. This wasn't an accidental case of FBS (in fact, I think most hot car deaths are actually intentional because people see it's a great way to unload a kid without consequences). I cannot believe anyone would honestly and truly believe RH didn't see Cooper when he parked his car and gathered his things to get out. I believe the ones who believe that are saying it only to justify their opinions that RH should be acquitted because of whatever mistakes were made early on. Shame on LE they had no right to arrest him and charge him with murder, andplusalso he didn't even know Cooper was there!

It's what defense attorneys do! Here's a child who's body temperature rose above 107 so he died. Here's his father a self described as living a double life and sex addict who's expressed desire to be single, expressed resentment over his bank account being drained by his son (hey, hookers are expensive).....but look! Look over there! Something shiney! It's a police badge! They're framing my client!

What would Cooper think if he knew his daddy, who is supposed to protect him, the person he relied on, who he should be able to trust above all others...was sitting around-pants around his ankles, phone in one hand, privates in his other-communicating sexually with strangers...while Cooper sat there waiting on him to come back? That was what RH had become. A sorry excuse of a man. Focused on self gratification. Communication with strangers was exciting, not parenting. Spending $375 in a month on a hooker was a priority, not a proper sized car seat for his only child. That little joker drained enough money and attention away from Ross. IMO Ross did this intentionally. Not sure if it's been proven beyond reasonable doubt, but close.

Heart wrenching post, and I agree. I think (as in many cases), it's very difficult to wrap our brains around a parent
who would/could intentionally get rid of their own offspring.... it's un-fathomable to us, but WS is filled with these types of parents.

IMO the state succeeded in revealing who JRH really is, a narcissistic sociopath, who's a deprived sexual predator without remorse. When someone shows you who they are, believe them.

Hi Tex. We meet again on the battlefield, lol. :D

What behavior indicates to you RH intended to kill Cooper? You keep talking about prostitutes and the like, but how does that translate into evidence of an intent to kill Cooper?

The man had his cake and was eating it too, (tho gorging is more apt) frequently, with impunity from his wife. What behavior, as relates to Cooper, not Leanna? I'm all ears. :)

JMO Hope but I think killing Cooper was his way of getting rid of his wife. Ross expressed pain over living his double life. He expressed his bank account was suffering. He desired to be single. He wanted to feel free to "drink and bang strangers". Divorce is expensive. Why bother with it when all he has to do to be free is close a car door and walk away?

I absolutely agree with you. For me, when you're innocent you have nothing to hide. I'd throw the drapes wide open and invite LE to enter and take as they wish. Those with guilty consciences or something to hide don't.

Well, our founding fathers didn't see it that way, and were concerned enough about the power of State that they made sure to include in the Constitution of the United States of America such items as restrictions on the State's ability to pursue citizens at will.

May you never have occasion to find yourself in the position of reconsidering the wisdom of your views on search and seizure.

So you think he just quietly cooked from the inside out without a thought of his daddy's whereabouts? No crying or screaming for "daddy"? Just chilling out and peacefully slipping into the night....

I guess all those scratches and abrasions from him frantically trying to free his little body was made up....

JMO Hope but I think killing Cooper was his way of getting rid of his wife. Ross expressed pain over living his double life. He expressed his bank account was suffering. He desired to be single. He wanted to feel free to "drink and bang strangers". Divorce is expensive. Why bother with it when all he has to do to be free is close a car door and walk away?

One of the things that bothers me the most about this trial (aside from Cooper being baked to death in a hot car) is how JRH claimed he couldn't divorce his wife because of Cooper, but on the other hand heaped out free advice to people unhappy with their situations telling them to "just leave" even if they had kids.

IMO there are many ways JRH would have benefited from Cooper's death, and one way is that by leaving Cooper in the car LH might have taken the initiative and file for divorce so he wouldn't have to. He says in his own text messages that he deserves to be divorced. Okay, so why doesn't he practice what he preach and just get a divorce like most normal people do? I think it's because he wouldn't have gotten as much sympathy if he did. If JRH had not been caught, he'd probably be out right now complaining to his various girlfriends "My child died and my wife left me. Life has been so unfair."

IMO JRH was a manipulator who also knew how to position himself as the victim. Just look at how this trial has gone - the sympathy he's raked in is ridiculous.

Was he sleeping when he scratched his face? Was he sleeping when the car door slammed and his daddy left him to die in a hot car?

I don't think he was asleep at all. He had a nap that morning, he had breakfast and was looking forward to 'school'.

Well, our founding fathers didn't see it that way, and were concerned enough about the power of State that they made sure to include in the Constitution of the United States of America such items as restrictions on the State's ability to pursue citizens at will.

May you never have occasion to find yourself in the position of reconsidering the wisdom of your views on search and seizure.
If I was innocent with nothing to hide I would show them whatever they needed to clear me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste