Trial - Ross Harris #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
and we know he didn't arrive to work until about 9:30 a.m., left for lunch a little before noon for over an hour, and left for work that day at 4:00 p.m. He barely clocked in a full days work. We all know he was sexting and texting all day between the girlfriends, the wife, and the co-workers.

I bet he didn't even touch that project on June 18th, the day Cooper died at the hands of his father.

His efforts on the job that day are quite damning, I have to admit.

He "checked out" from that job, imo. I can't quite make the leap that his "checking out" of the job means he left Cooper to die on purpose, but it's really damaging information, imo.

The decision to go to the movies that afternoon is hard to understand.

jmo

Not stressed enough to not forget light bulbs with no reminder from LT...and so concerned about forgetting to bring them home he stops to put them into the car after lunch..

Priorities ya know....

and Leanna didn't remind him that day to get the lightbulbs.

Not sure, and I could see that point going either way as well.

Only if the State wants to abandon Ms Meadows as motive and the fairy tale that Ross had some deep dark "sinister" side to him that made him capable of "baking" his baby, to use the term so commonly employed here to describe the terrible death of the actual child, Cooper.

What would be their 3rd version? That Ross Harris "baked his child" on purpose to improve his life at work?

If they're still scrambling for a motive, maybe they can find use for one that seems to have some adherents: that RH "baked his baby" to make people feel sorry for him that he'd killed Cooper, and so they would raise money for him to fight the murder charges against him.

Or, they can keep running with what Stoddard implied on the stand --that Leanna was involved. So maybe Leanna outfoxed Ross, conspired with Ross "bake their baby," only to let him take the fall so she could ride off into the sunset with her new BF.

Anything is possible when facts don't count, lies don't matter, and wild speculation is considered brilliant discoveries of the "truth."

Humm Maybe she was going to leave Ross and turn over Cooper full time to him. He seems to have been the primary caretaker while she worked and traveled.

I thought she took Cooper with her when she went to Alabama and her Mom watched him while she worked? Wasn't that the whole point about taking the base for the car seat when she went there?

His efforts on the job that day are quite damning, I have to admit.

He "checked out" from that job, imo. I can't quite make the leap that his "checking out" of the job means he left Cooper to die on purpose, but it's really damaging information, imo.

The decision to go to the movies that afternoon is hard to understand.

jmo

The decision to go to the movies THAT DAY at that time was his idea.

The defense has had two years to prepare Leanna for her testimony. They know what looked suspicious, they probably read here, so they were adequately prepared to try to "deflect" said testimony with acceptable explanations ie: "I told him to stop taking pictures" or "How much did you say" only came out that way when I meant "why are they charging you, what did you say" since he overtalked often, and "I didn't think we were ready to buy a house." We only have her word that that is what happened. Do I think she would say anything to "save" Ross, yes.

Kilgore and team are very accomplished Attorneys. I read up on them at beginning of trial (ADA also) He is also a former Asst DA (what Boring and Evans are) for Cobb County. He was a hired attorney for RH at the very beginning. Once RH was deemed indigent the State is paying for RH Defense. After watching the Hearings and seeing/hearing Kilgore feelings about the media in this case, it is a fact they had someone doing searches on who talking about it. He presented multiple ss pages of stuff at one Hearing. Kilgore and team have ALL the actual discovery in the case. They know about all the mis stated information in the SWs first hand. They know of the misreported media reports. They knew from media reports of the saturation of misinformation that was live streamed from ea Hearing. Front page news for even a status hearing that didn't even happen. JMHO doubt they had to look very far to realize how to prepare. She too was a suspect and hounded by media and LEO. And a victim in this tragic case. She lost a chunk of her life and heart 6/18/14. JMHO

And the daycare teacher helped because Ross brought her Chick Fil A

Interesting thing is that is the Teacher/witness who took LH home from CCPD that night. She and another were at the CCPD in the waiting area.

Right. Wow. Why?

Because he purposely left Cooper that morning and needed an audience around when he "found" Cooper.

I would believe his story of accidentally leaving Cooper in the car only if he went to that car at 4:00 p.m. (or even 1:00 p.m. like he did) and discovered Cooper then.

Don't forget he also texted his friends to say he would be running "late". Why? He left work just after 4 and the movie didn't start until 5.

:moo:

I would be too, if a witness suddenly can't remember anything.

It is strategic. You can always "re remember" if shown something to "refresh" your memory. Saying "don't remember" "don't recall" does not lock in your testimony to be impeached later. :) Listen to Stoddard, he did/does it all the time. As has Ferrell and few other. JMHO it is a stragic thing they do. Like Kilgore asked Det Raissee, if they went to homicide school, he said not a school but classes. Kilgore and they teach you how to testify in court... Raissee.. of course... Kilgore.. Thank you. Nothing further. :)

I am thinking you might be in a minority of one or two because most posting seem to think there was a lot more to this little Cooper dying in a hot car while his father was acting the fool. Surely one sees/hears a small child during a three minute car ride just inches away from himself.

I guess I have to throw my hat in here and say I agree with Hope4More, all my questions are answered as well. (hold your pitchforks) I'm wondering if ya'all see so much terrible crimes that you see one because that is what you are expecting to see. Maybe that's Stoddard's problem too. Maybe he saw so much in Crimes Against Children unit that he just expects it. He ought to be able to let go of that preconceived notion when the evidence points the other way.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Cardinal47
Humm Maybe she was going to leave Ross and turn over Cooper full time to him.He seems to have been the primary caretaker while she worked and traveled.

BBM. I don't see this happening only because she testified that she came from a divorced family and had no intention of divorcing JRH so Cooper could have a traditional two parent home. I think LH was trying to get extra hours so they could afford all the luxuries JRH wanted to be happy.

On the other hand, I do see how this would make JRH angry since it would mean he would have some added responsibility and less time to pursue his own interests.

I don't see this happening only because she testified that she came from a divorced family and had no intention of divorcing JRH so Cooper could have a traditional two parent home. I think LH was trying to get extra hours so they could afford all the luxuries JRH wanted to be happy.

On the other hand, I do see how this would make JRH angry since it would mean he would have some added responsibility and less time to pursue his own interests.

And Cooper was getting older, was probably getting more aware of his own surroundings, and Ross couldn't leave the house or invite underaged girls and/or prostitutes in his home to bang on the couch any longer.

This is what I was going to say! It's a big, big, big problem now in the Christian community. Used to be if you wanted to look at *advertiser censored* you had to go out and hunt for it, now it's right there on the internet. I don't know exactly how the addiction works, I'm assuming something like gambling addiction. And churches are now fighting it through the steps LeAnne has mentioned. It doesn't surprise me she didn't leave him at once as she didn't know how bad it had gotten. She'ed been with him a long time, loved him, saw him struggling with this problem and to her credit was willing to on this through counseling and their church.
It sounds to me like they put the program on his computer to monitor where he went and probably at that point he went to sexting, which led him further down into the muck. She obviously had no idea the extent of this until he was arrested.
I really feel for this woman. She has lost so much, starting with her child. The part where she came home and laid in Cooper's bed and cried just undid me. I Know in my case I depend on my husband for comfort through bad things, she didn't even have that. I know exactly how it feels to have your reality come undone. In my case I described it as time as a piece of glass that cracked into a million pieces. It was bad enough she lost her child, bad enough she lost him in suck a terrible way, but just criminal the way she was treated due to Stoddard thinking she and RH didn't cry enough! Terrible the way he insisted she be left alone at the police station.
I don't cry immediately either and try not to cry in front of people since I turn into a snotty mess. I try to be strong because I'm the wife and Mom and think I have to hold it together for the rest of the family.
I also have a husband who can run off with his mouth in stressful situations. I can see me asking"what happened? what on earth did you tell them to think you did it on purpose?" I also have lost someone dear to me and spent days saying "this just isn't real is it?"
I don't understand the hating on this poor woman.

This is what investigator's do... investigate. Even Leanna said on the stand this morning, that looking back, her actions etc looked off that day and could understand why that would be suspicious. jmo

2 years later and Cooper still does not have a headstone...She sure blew through his life insurance and go fund me money tho

Link to how the $ was spent and relevance please? Wasn't allowed to be spoken about in court iirc from a prev Hearing. Thx Headstone may be for privacy at this time. JMHO a personal thing.

Because he wanted to go to a movie?

Yes, because he left early to go to a movie---on a day he came to work late, was failing his task given by his supervisor, and was way behind. It makes no sense ...

Because Dr Diamonds list of circumstances surrounding Forgotten Baby Syndrome includes stress from work. I think they need to hit that because the distance and time spans are so short.

I think you are correct, Katy.

Harris is responsible for Cooper's death without a doubt but I don't think this was premediated murder.

I have noticed over the years how many young people are easily distracted or how quickly they forget to do something. One of my friend's daughters bought groceries not too long ago, came right home with full intentions of unloading her vehicle, yet she forgot all about the groceries still being in her car and only knew it when her husband came home hours later seeing them still in the car. Now I am not saying groceries are in any way as valuable as Cooper but I have read about cases where I honestly do believe the parent simply forgot the child was in their car. Stress can add to the distraction too.

I think he may have been consumed with so many thoughts in his head at the time from being honed in on sexting maybe as a release at the time since he wasn't happy in the marriage but also that he was under stress and pressure at work as well. I have read articles about cases like this and the doctor's say the brain is too full being bombarded with too many thoughts coming from all directions at the same time leaving the person to not think clearly.

I am in no way taking up for this man. I detest that he let his own son die a horrible death. This is not a passive death by any means if it was premediated imo. He would know being baked in a hot car would be a cruel way for Cooper to die and it wouldn't be quick either. I do think he loved his son and never intentionally meant to murder him but he certainly should be punished severely for his actions that led to Cooper dying.

I am a little upset but not shocked that the State/LE put out untrue things before this case could come to trial. It sounds like to me even back then they were trying to taint the jury pool thinking it would be held in Atlanta.

Its hard to know if the jury will go by the facts in evidence or will vote based on how emotional this case since Cooper was such a sweet happy precious child before he died.

They may vote for first degree for no one ever knows what a jury will do but I don't see it at this time........not the first degree anyway. He should spend years in prison though for causing his son's death.

This is a perfect example of a mens rea case. The jury has to get into the mind of Harris and his thought processes the day Cooper died to find out what intent if any he may have had that day. It really comes down to what was in his mind the day Cooper was left in his car.

IMO

And in my opinion there is now way Ross could have missed him. To this day no matter the distance I know my children. I feel them and know when they are unhappy or not feeling well.
Parents are like that with their children. Sitting inches apart no way did he forget about him. No way!

I'm astounded by this., just astounded. "no matter the distance?"? how is that even possible? My son is at work today, right now, and I have no idea what he is feeling and won't have until he get's home and I ask how his day went. Are you a Vulcan and mind-melded with your kids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
disturbedprincess6