Trial - Ross Harris #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He completely blows up the entire premise of the State's case.

really? I don't see that at all.....

Boring asks about the level of preparation the defense did with witness Billy Kirkpatrick, who says he is Harris's best friend, implying that some of his testimony seemed rehearsed.

The witness says he met with Harris's defense team, but adds: "My answers are my answers. I want to be clear."

Boring asks, "Did you know he said, 'I love my son and all, but we both need escapes' 10 minutes before he locked his child in the car?"

"No," Kirkpatrick says.

I'm referring to the necessity for the State to have the jurors believe RH had a sinister double life related to sex that made him capable of murder.

This witness is making mincemeat of that meme, imo, and Boring's attempts to make this witness "admit" to it .

Right but like I said this is the only one witness that he divulged his true self to and it was his best friend.. although I don't think he even told him everything? But I might be wrong. AGRee to disagree :)

Kirkpatrick: He knew that I would have been disappointed in him.

Kilgore: Are you disappointed in him?

Kirkpatrick: Extremely. Yes, sir.

He says he loves Ross but he is often a "massive dork." He is always looking for information -- just "senseless facts." "He has moments when he is just an incredible friend. ... It's sometimes very difficult to put your finger on his uniqueness."

Kirkpatrick says of Harris: "He never shuts up. ... If there's a guitar anywhere within 20 yards, he's going to find it and play it. He loves being the center of attention. In fact, one time we went to lunch at a restaurant in Tuscaloosa. I knew more people there than he did, and it pissed him off. He is incredibly friendly, very sociable, always the life of the party.

This is stated by a very educated close friend. Makes me wonder about his "uniqueness"

Kirkpatrick is excused. After a brief sidebar, Judge Staley Clark tells the jury that expert witnesses are not currently available, and she dismisses the jury for the rest of the day.

Right but like I said this is the only one witness that he divulged his true self to and it was his best friend.. although I don't think he even told him everything? But I might be wrong. AGRee to disagree :)

It wasn't his friend, it was his accountability partner, of course he will say Ross was his "best friend", but I don't believe it.

Defense didn't have enough witnesses for today?

That's his job. And he would be remiss if he didn't do so. The DT is parading these 'good' people up here to say what a great guy Ross is. It makes sense for the state to point out that they did not really know him that well...

Just to add to that, there's a mountain of evidence that proves without a doubt none of these people really knew JRH.

JRH only confessed what he was doing when it suited him, but not when he should have. That's important, IMO.

Kirkpatrick, bless his heart, was obviously taken advantage of by JRH. I think it shows how JRH normalized his own "sexual sins" to the point his own accountability partner didn't want to hold him responsible.

(Side note not directed to anyone, except maybe the entire courtroom: as a non-religious person I am put off by phrases of "sexual sin" and "filth." I wish that for once Kilgore would say that cheating on your spouse and sexting teenagers is WRONG, period, no religious connotation needed. Although, I think it's just more honest to assume that they are using these phrases to distance the perpetrator from his actions, similar to throwing around the word "struggle" every other sentence as if JRH wasn't enjoying hooking up with teenagers for road side blow jobs.)

That's his job. And he would be remiss if he didn't do so. The DT is parading these 'good' people up here to say what a great guy Ross is. It makes sense for the state to point out that they did not really know him that well...

Sorry, maybe it's PTSD, but the feel of the thing is very much like Nurmi going after the good Bishop. Part of it is Boring's tone of voice-- oh my did he angry with this last witness-- but, no, actually, I don't agree he needed to ask each one of them multiple sex-related questions to make his point.

Next witnesses are the expert witnesses I see. No more work colleagues and church members.

Duh me. I just understood your point, sorry, that RH telling (just some) of his "sexual sins" to this one friend doesn't mean he didn't have a double life, etc. Right?

But that's not what i was referring to. What I was referring to was the State's use of the "deep dark secret life" meme as their principal narrative relating to RH being capable of malice murder, complete with dark, unexplained hints about RH's interest in secret rooms.

It's like telling a ghost story, and all the sudden someone turned on the lights. The story just doesn't sound or feel the same, even if the words are identical. For me, it wasn't the content of what this friend had to say so much as his forthright, unashamed, unapologetic treatment of the subject matter itself.

As in, yep, RH was a sexual sinner, and rightfully ashamed of it . Next?

A light being turned on.

11:36 a.m. Court adjourns for the day. Will resume at 8:30 a.m. Thursday.

???? Why?

Edit: Nevermind /
expert witnesses are not currently available

So, what are "expert" witnesses....?

A quick question: do you think someone from the ghetto or trailer park would ever get the same level of defense JRH is getting, and would they ever be described as unique individuals with talents, hopes, dreams, needs, ect?

We're all unique. We all have hopes and dreams. We all have hobbies. We're all humans with needs and feelings. Nothing sets JRH a part from anyone else except the perception that he is somehow more valuable or credible than other people, even when all credibility is blown through a mountain of evidence.

The "special snowflake" defense blindsided me. I guess I should have seen it coming, though.

Kilgore asked to approach and then she released jury. Thurs and Friday going to be full days... I can only imagine...

From what Staley told the jury, it sounds like the DT's next witness couldn't make it there today . Dr. D would be one good bet, because I think DT would have worked around that otherwise.

When Boring asked Kirkpatrick about knowing JRH was chatting with an 18yo when he locked his son in the car was much more powerful and nefarious than saying when JRH forgot his son was in the car.

JRH locked his son in the car.

I think his being so straightforward and matter of fact about RH's sexual activity is blowing away the " sinister double life " State sponsored fog.

Nope. This guy did not have a clue to most of what Ross had done.

Next witnesses are the expert witnesses I see. No more work colleagues and church members.

And possible recall witnesses...Dr Frist is on recall we don't know why or if will be called. LEO possible still to be brought back. But yep soon.

Yesterday, Kilgore made the Judge aware that State has not given him the information from last week about the FBI stuff Stoddard got, Boring told her "he forgot" and would get it to them. This morning she asked Boring again and he is going to work on getting that to Def asap. So Stoddard is going to be brought back on that. He went to the FBI BAU and got stuff a huge binder of stuff. The Def was not made aware of this until iirc it was last Monday or Monday prior. Same day they found out about the rescan of the car seat done with Mr. Dustin. Could be a reason why they are out early today, Def needs that info to prepare for Direct on Stoddard about it. JMHO **State ddn't want to give them anything on FBI stuff to begin with, they are dragging their feet on it. Or appeared so.

Nope. This guy did not have a clue to most of what Ross had done.

What kills me is that he admits on the stand he had no idea the scope of JRH's lifestyle but then turns around and blames himself for not stopping it.

It's like people refuse, I mean absolutely refuse to accept that JRH is a grown man who is responsible for his own behavior. JRH gets away with acting like a big kid because people allow him to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste