Trial - Ross Harris #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Coyle says in the 28 months since Cooper's death, no one with the Cobb County police department ever contacted her.

She says the district attorney's office contacted her in September of this year.

Chuck Boring asks her whether she's aware the police had a copy of her emails early on. She says she wasn't aware of that.

And yet they didn't contact the lady. :thinking: OK

Kirkpatrick says his Tuscaloosa church and a men's group there has dealt directly with men who are engaging in risky or extramarital sexual behavior.

Kirkpatrick says he has been close friends with Harris ever since the two roomed together years ago. He says Ross has done IT work for his AIDS outreach agency. He says he was in Ross's wedding, and Ross was in his wedding.

___

*yawn*

DId he tell his church friends about his erectile dysfunction? Probably not since he didn't have ED. JMO

Next witness: Billy Kirkpatrick, Tuscaloosa, Ala. He runs an AIDS outreach program in Alabama and also teaches a college class on public administration. He has advanced degrees in psychology and public administration.

Let's count how many times this guy says "struggle" to diminish JRH's behavior.

It's amusing me that some people are bemoaning 1.5 days of defense witnesses saying Ross was a good dad - after a month of multiple, repetitive witnesses saying Ross sexted with them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

This witness was obviously very close to the family. He is also making it perfectly clear that in his opinion Ross adored Cooper , and would never have killed him on purpose.

Strong witness.

This witness was obviously very close to the family. He is also making it perfectly clear that in his opinion Ross adored Cooper , and would never have killed him on purpose.

Strong witness.

This guy seems very sincere IMO

Strong witness.

Witness Billy Kirkpatrick says he remained close friends with Ross Harris even after Harris moved away from Tuscaloosa.

He says the Harrises told him he was the first person they told about Leanna becoming pregnant with Cooper. Kirkpatrick recalls going to the Harrises' apartment to watch an Alabama football game a few weeks after Cooper was born. He cites another occasion when the Harrises traveled to his home in Tuscaloosa to watch a game and saw Harris with his son on several (occasions).

Kilgore asks whether Kirkpatrick knew about Harris' extramarital sexual activity. He says yes. Kilgore asks when he became aware of that.

"Around 2010. As close as we were, there are things that I'm going to know about in his life. It came out through discussion with him. I wasn't sure of the extent (at the time). I didn't know if he was just watching *advertiser censored* or was doing something else. ... He and I would discuss it, and it became clear exactly what his issues were."

Strong witness.
Character witness mean nothing to me in this type of trial (seen it too many times). However, it may matter to the jury. Personally, I wish they would fast forward to Dr. Diamond, but I know they have to parade this folks out in hopes of a sympathetic juror.

I think his being so straightforward and matter of fact about RH's sexual activity is blowing away the " sinister double life " State sponsored fog.

DId he tell his church friends about his erectile dysfunction? Probably not since he didn't have ED. JMO

Yet doctors prescribed shots, creams, jells after having testing done.

I think his being so straightforward and matter of fact about RH's sexual activity is blowing away the " sinister double life " State sponsored fog.

Kirkpatrick says he was Harris' "Covenant Eyes" partner, the software that allowed him to see the questionable websites that Harris visited.

Yah, Ms Meadows the Motive for murder witness said that he said or some such about that man on a vacation, but since I think the only motive that actually pertains to Ms Meadows was her motive to punish RH that she wasn't the One and Only side dish , I take every bit of her testimony with piles of salt.

I take all witnesses testimony with a grain of salt.

Did Ross testify to his motives for taking vacations? Then how can one know his motives regarding family vacations? His friends, co-workers, wife 'didn't know' the Ross we see here at trial. Even if Ross does go one the stand, I can only go by his past actions, not his words, as he's been demonstrably shown to lead a double life unknown to everyone close to him. In short, he's a liar. To his wife, family, co-workers, perhaps even to his mistresses. Everyone has testified they had no idea Ross could do the things he was doing. Not a stretch then to believe a man who enjoys sexual risk and has no problem carrying on a double life, and lying to friends and family for years, would agree to a family vacation for his own selfish reasons. Time off from his hard 'work', and an opportunity for more risky sex. When dealing with someone living such a pathological, reprehensible double life, I can't be convinced any of his decision were made with an eye to putting his wife or child first. JMO.

Considering Ross seems so unlikable to me, the likability of his friends helps humanize him (for me).

I don't think so, he's the only one who seems to have known that side of him and ross obviously knew him very well and may have known he wouldn't judge him for it

Kirkpatrick says he was Harris' "Covenant Eyes" partner, the software that allowed him to see the questionable websites that Harris visited.

This witness, Kirkpatrick, failed JRH. Harris all but begged him to serve as a watch over JRHs internet activity. He failed to act when he discovered JRH was visiting Ashley Madison and Adultfinder. He did not confront Ross with his internet behavior. Why did he ignore these adult sites JRH visited?

Kirkpatrick says Harris visited websites, such as Adult Friend Finder, Adult Sex Finder and Ashley Madison.

Kirkpatrick, who says he is Harris' best friend, says he's disappointed in Harris' actions.

Harris grins as Kirkpatrick talks about their friendship. Kirkpatrick described Harris as "very friendly, always the life of the party." He says Harris was "even-keel all the time."

This witness, Kirkpatrick, failed JRH. Harris all but begged him to serve as a watch over JRHs internet activity. He failed to act when he discovered JRH was visiting Ashley Madison and Adultfinder. He did not confront Ross with his internet behavior. Why did he ignore these adult sites JRH visited?

Im not watching but I feel that's true then it doesn't surprise me that this is the guy ross chose to confide in about his true self

For most of us, spending money is always a matter of prioritizing. The Harris's didn't have to put the trip on a credit card. They had $6k in savings, even with routine payments, car and student loan payments, and the cost of Cooper's daycare.

Ross wanted to create lasting memories for Cooper by taking him on the vacations RH didn't have when he was a child. I understand that sentiment and share it, and my DH and I have made that decision, over and over, for the sake of our son, out of love for our son. Good for Ross. IMO he had that priority exactly right.

Wasn't he trying to talk Leanna into an adults only vacation this last time? Now without Cooper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshibee