Trial - Ross Harris #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they think closing arguments could be Monday them IMO they don't intend to put Ross off the stand.

I the quote above they said it could be Monday if he's NOT on the stand.

Still, though...I can't see it happening.

Who are they talking about that needed to be at the grand jury this morning but will come tomorrow? Dr Diamond?

Why did they have Brewer come and parrot Dr D when they had the expert himself coming?

The way I understood it was that the State's rebuttal witness was planned for Monday at the earliest as State didn't think defense would be done by Friday. The State is getting it's witness to come down tonight (he was the one that was at a grand jury)
Defense said their 1 witness should here today by 4.... Wonder why they didn't have him come sooner - maybe they had someone else planned first and decided not to use them? I wouldn't be surprised if Diamond is already there and defense just wants to prep him more based on today not going so well....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe they saw how weak their first "expert" was,.,

That would be a reason for keeping more persuasive witnesses on the stand longer, not shuffling them along.

Speculation-wild rumor alert: I wonder if there's any possibility Dr. Diamond withdrew? Wilder yet-- He's on record as saying he will only testify in a case if he believes the hot car death was accidental. I'd think the DT gave him the straight goods on just how compromised RH is as a sympathetic defendant, but.... Or, (still wild-wild) maybe his appearing was contingent upon RH testifying?.....

I'm guessing they (jury) are ready to finish the trial.
The only thing I'd be pissed about as a juror is if the father, who I've heard loved his son from character witnesses, doesn't get on the stand, look me in the eye and tell what the hell happened.

Defendant has the right to not get on the stand in any criminal case. Judge will tell them they can not hold that against the defendant.

Do they not tell the judge which witnesses are scheduled to testify each day? In other words, is it possible they are stalling after their first witness this morning didn't go as planned? Or is the schedule all up in the air because they don't know how long each witness will take?

That would be a reason for keeping more persuasive witnesses on the stand longer, not shuffling them along.

Speculation-wild rumor alert: I wonder if there's any possibility Dr. Diamond withdrew? Wilder yet-- He's on record as saying he will only testify in a case if he believes the hot car death was accidental. I'd think the DT gave him the straight goods on just how compromised RH is as a sympathetic defendant, but.... Or, (still wild-wild) maybe his appearing was contingent upon RH testifying?.....

I am having very similar thoughts...

There was a lot of arguments in the Hearing Aug 19 on Dr Diamond testimony (I think that was the one)

If Diamond is a witness, I would expect a full day and maybe another half day. Maybe he isn't coming?

She told them yesterday when they were excused early prior to lunch that today and Friday would be full days.

So Tues will be a 1/2 day due to election day and Friday is Veterans Day so no court.

She also has explained to them, repeatedly, that sheeze happens in trials that is beyond everyone's control.

It's just as possible, imo, they were relieved to get the heck out of there. This trial seems very short to me, but it must be feeling like forever to them, especially given everything they've been asked to look at, hear, and think about.

It is bad for the DT to have to end their day with this witness. It was kind of weak testimony. Did not really do much for their defense case. It is kind of a watered down version of Dr Diamond. So then tomorrow they have a glitzier, more professional presentation, of essentially, the very same information about memory.

I don't think the State has proven the case for Premeditated/Malice. But they have a good chance of the Criminal Neglect charges, depending upon how it is worded in the jury instructions.

Interesting...it would be a huge gamble to put RH on. JMO but like you I don't think a jury is going to buy into FBS/Diamond without hearing from the person who did the "forgetting".

Even Holloway, a defense atty, said in the court chatter video that RH is a despicable defendant

I thought this same thing. It almost seemed today like the witness didn't realize who he was testifying for (the type of man) - although I doubt that is the case.
Could be possible Diamond withdrew and he was supposed to be today and the other - Dr A tomorrow - and he is the one getting in tonight? Hmmm
I doubt it though - without Diamond they don't have much, I'd be surprised.

Do they not tell the judge which witnesses are scheduled to testify each day? In other words, is it possible they are stalling after their first witness this morning didn't go as planned? Or is the schedule all up in the air because they don't know how long each witness will take?

Boring was talking about a civilian Def witness from HD that told Boring he was suppose to be there Sunday night for Monday testimony. Kilgore said something (have to go back and relisten about miscommunication?)

I thought this same thing. It almost seemed today like the witness didn't realize who he was testifying for (the type of man) - although I doubt that is the case.
Could be possible Diamond withdrew and he was supposed to be today and the other - Dr A tomorrow - and he is the one getting in tonight? Hmmm
I doubt it though - without Diamond they don't have much, I'd be surprised.

whomever the witness was they were speaking of is in route but wont be there until approx 4 pm. And won't take up but some of the morning tomorrow.

[video=twitter;794230871284916224]https://twitter.com/NatishaLance/status/794230871284916224[/video]

Hypothetically, if Dr. Diamond doesn't testify....

Where does the defense go? How do the solidly present their counter narrative of tragic accident vs negligence or worse? I can't imagine a scenario for this without Diamond.

whomever the witness was they were speaking of is in route but wont be there until approx 4 pm. And won't take up but some of the morning tomorrow.

It would seem that Diamond would take more than the morning - no? Maybe it's the other Dr mentioned instead. I'm surprised they don't have to tell the court who it is - so interesting.
I wonder if word will get out tonight somehow - courthouse chatter... Ha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member