Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Highly probable.

I think that Dr. Brewer was terrible for the DT. My main issue is that the likelihood of "memory failure" increases when the a person is stressed and fatigued, and aside from ONE email, there is no evidence that Ross was either of these things. In fact, all of witnesses stated that Ross was completely "normal" in the days leading up to Cooper's death. On the day of his death Ross was nothing out of the ordinary.

I am not buying that Ross forgot. If the facts of this case supported that theory, the DT would have been able to clearly articulate how it could have happened. They did not.

There is going to have to be a lot of synthesizing information and putting it in an understandable narrative for the attorneys' closing arguments.

I think Brewer was enough. Think about it:

The first inquiry for the jury is very simple: - Did Ross deliberately murder his son or did he forget him in the car?

I think when all of the state's evidence is considered, there are not many people who thought the state proved beyond a reasonable doubt that Ross planned this and deliberately murdered his son. This is the most circumstantial of circumstantial cases - the only thing the State presented is a possible motive, and that evidence was weak.

The jurors just need to be given an alternative and an explanation that this same thing happens every summer by accident and Ross' case is no different, and there's even scientific research that explains it.

The defense doesn't have to prove anything. They don't have to put on an equal amount of evidence proving it wasn't intentional. They on,y have to raise the doubt, and they have done that through a list of witnesses who never saw any hostility or resentment in the father/son relationship and with an expert to explain how people can tragically forget something so important.

The harder question for the jury will be whether forgetting Cooper was caused by criminal negligence.

Do you think the defense scrapped Diamond and the rest of their witnesses once they knew the case was looking bad, in order to give RH the possibility to appeal due to not getting a better defense?

That has been well established and rehashed multiple times before this. He presented nothing new.

No, this time, it was the Def expert. Prior was the States. And they could not talk about "SW" you will have to go back and listen how Rodriguez asked the questions. EXACTLY, about how sworn testimony... search warrants... so forth.

Do you think the defense scrapped Diamond and the rest of their witnesses once they knew the case was looking bad, in order to give RH the possibility to appeal due to not getting a better defense?

Their hands were tied by the Judge. Listen to the testimony from when they called Murphy.

That has been well established and rehashed multiple times before this. He presented nothing new.

Exactly and nobody is disputing that the state used preliminary information (that wasn't accurate, but not proven to be outright lies) to get search warrants. I watch orange is the new black- no idea why anyone would search about prison because of that. The entire show is in a prison.

A child was dead- that right there is cause to get search warrants.

Plenty of motive with out actually typing into google "hot car deaths" or "how to survive in prison". Ross himself stated he would not divorce because of cooper. His words.

EDIT: Okay get it now- I remembered he didn't actually search that haha that's why it didn't even make sense to me regarding the show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK who do ya'll think will be Rebuttal (or on what Evidence are they Rebutting?)

Yes the prosecution already said during their own case that JRH did not create the image, he was responding to it and having a conversation with the woman who did right before leaving Cooper in the car.

They've said it so many times and even during cross exam of the defense witnesses I can't imagine anyone actually missing this. :facepalm:

40k+ is a lot to spend on a witness that's going to rehash the same stuff the prosecution already went over days and days ago.

He's not rehashing. He's refuting. It's important because this is the stuff the State says proves motive.

Take away this supposed motive and there's no reason to think he deliberately murdered his son.

I don't know. I just really don't think Kilgore would operate like this.

Exactly and nobody is disputing that the state used preliminary information to get search warrants. I watch orange is the new black- no idea why anyone would search about prison because of that. The entire show is in a prison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If memory serves correctly, he did not search the exact terms "how to survive in prison" but he clicked on an article about it.

There is going to have to be a lot of synthesizing information and putting it in an understandable narrative for the attorneys' closing arguments.

I think Brewer was enough. Think about it:

The first inquiry for the jury is very simple: - Did Ross deliberately murder his son or did he forget him in the car?

I think when all of the state's evidence is considered, there are not many people who thought the state proved beyond a reasonable doubt that Ross planned this and deliberately murdered his son. This is the most circumstantial of circumstantial cases - the only thing the State presented is a possible motive, and that evidence was weak.

The jurors just need to be given an alternative and an explanation that this same thing happens every summer by accident and Ross' case is no different, and there's even scientific research that explains it.

The defense doesn't have to prove anything. They don't have to put on an equal amount of evidence proving it wasn't intentional. They on,y have to raise the doubt, and they have done that through a list of witnesses who never saw any hostility or resentment in the father/son relationship and with an expert to explain how people can tragically forget something so important.

The harder question for the jury will be whether forgetting Cooper was caused by criminal negligence.

I don't know....I think it may depend on how they tackle the evidence, which thread they choose to pull first. I don't envy them one little bit. I have a feeling their deliberations are going to be emotional & brutal, if they went in with open minds anyway, which I trust (or hope, at least) they did.

Chats from RH about developing the Griffin psychology site, the one Persinger thought he had lol and gonna bust RH out. He had just found within like 48 hrs prior to testifying! :silly:

No attorney ever, anywhere in the United States, under any circumstances would purposely do a shoddy job just to create an argument for ineffective assistance of counsel on appeal.

With regards to current testimony, defense has already established that Griffin Psychology pages found on JRH's computer belonged to a client. JRH's co-workers who were helping him start a business testified to that.

We are now on cross. Thank goodness!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member