Trial - Ross Harris #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been looking for Leanna's police interview on the day of Cooper's death. The prosecutor's asked her to agree that she would seem odd to an objective outsider. She explained how she was in a daze. Can anyone tell me where I can find it? Was it played during the trial? If so, when during the trial? Thanks so much!

We haven't seen it. All we have of Leanna is her talking to Ross right before he was arrested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bet the prosecution is p****d that they went to all the trouble to get their rebuttal witness to Dr. Diamond down there for this afternoon, even calling him during court yesterday and having him go ahead and start driving down there…and ,then, not to even have Dr. D to testify!
ETA: or could this have been the witness they were talking about all along, not Dr. D?

Prosecutor Jesse Evans does the cross-examination. "Show me one piece of paper that documents what you've done in terms of a report," Evans says.

Moulton says he has not written a report. Evans seems incredulous. "$20,000 and not one single report."

He is referring to Moulton's earlier testimony about what he has billed for his work on the case.

Evans refers to a phone conversation between him and Moulton. He asks Moulton whether he declined to talk to Evans and his investigator about his impending testimony.

Moulton acknowledges that he did decline to talk about certain specific things that he had covered with the defense, which is employing him.

I wonder if Moulton didn't generate a report (except that single paragraph) so as to stonewall the prosecution from the get go.

He says he doesn't want to be misquoted, but that would be LESS likely to happen with a report right in front of him.

Stoddard frequently referred to his own report to make clear context of which he was talking about.

On the other hand, getting Moulton to cooperate is like pulling teeth. It's bizarre since he has offered nothing new about this case at all.

Diamond met with Ross, at least once, IIRC.

Back to yesterday's speculation. I wonder if Dr. Diamond's willingness to testify was contingent upon RH's willingness to take the stand. I'd imagine that would be a decision the DT would need to review towards the end of trial, to best counsel RH, so maybe a last minute but not unanticipated need to locking in a placement?

I find it difficult to believe a highly credentialled , nationally known expert witness would bail because he didn't like the way the wind is blowing.

It looks like Dr Diamond did not want his years of study and research on FBS destroyed by RH. Good for him.
I'm thankful he is not testifying for one reason. I do not want to see criminals kill babies in hot cars and use FBS as their defense.

Sigh.

I don't know, I think the state is doing pretty well with this guy.

Evans takes Moulton through web searches that were carried out on Harris' iPhone.

They include "young and wild" and "Atlanta casual encounters classified."

Evans asks for dates associated with these searches. Moulton says the only dates listed are June 17 and June 18 (the day of Cooper's death).

Prosecutors point out to Moulton that Harris' phone has no internet history prior to June 17, 2014.

Evans asks Moulton whether the key F5 updates cache. He says yes. Evans asks what control-F5 does. Moulton says he doesn't know. Evans says (in paraphrase), you, a forensic computer expert, don't know what control-F5 does?

JRH says his wife got upset when he goes out with his friends.

So he goes and makes plans anyway knowing he is upsetting his wife.

Or he is lying because LH strikes me as a doormat that let him get away with a lot.

Yeesh.

Moulton acknowledges that he found a "divorce checklist" reference on the Home Depot HR site in May 2014.

Evans asks about the "I hate being married with kids" post on Whisper (see image below) that Harris accessed minutes before he left Cooper in the car.

Harris sent a number of messages in response. The time of the first was 9:15:15 a.m. and the second, 9:15:33 a.m. He sent a third at 9:24 a.m.

Harris%20text.jpg

This image shows a meme shown to the jury on Oct. 19, 2016, that Justin Ross Harris had saved on his phone. On Nov. 4, witness Scott Moulton, a digital forensics expert, explained how he was able to show that Harris did not create the meme. Prosecutors said that Harris commented on this post on the morning of Cooper's death, right before having a private chat with a woman on the app Whisper. (screen capture via WSB-TV)

Prosecutors say Harris' illicit messages, the website about divorce and the video about hot cars were all found by Cobb police, their experts and Moulton.

Okay he's done…What's next? Conference at the bench with judge…Are they done?

LOLing that Dr. D was just a quack w/ opinions with no proof up until now when he's not testifying. Now he is *the* expert on memory and doesn't want to ruin his reputation and years of experience... Sigh.

Seems the Judge is granting a 10 minute recess so the defense can figure out what they want to do next (paraphrasing).

Seems the Judge is granting a 10 minute recess so the defense can figure out what they want to do next (paraphrasing).

Yeah I guess this is the time to decide whether or not RH will testify…drum roll….What does everybody think? I'm thinking he just might. He looks dressed for it.

There is going to have to be a lot of synthesizing information and putting it in an understandable narrative for the attorneys' closing arguments.

I think Brewer was enough. Think about it:

The first inquiry for the jury is very simple: - Did Ross deliberately murder his son or did he forget him in the car?

I think when all of the state's evidence is considered, there are not many people who thought the state proved beyond a reasonable doubt that Ross planned this and deliberately murdered his son. This is the most circumstantial of circumstantial cases - the only thing the State presented is a possible motive, and that evidence was weak.

The jurors just need to be given an alternative and an explanation that this same thing happens every summer by accident and Ross' case is no different, and there's even scientific research that explains it.

The defense doesn't have to prove anything. They don't have to put on an equal amount of evidence proving it wasn't intentional. They on,y have to raise the doubt, and they have done that through a list of witnesses who never saw any hostility or resentment in the father/son relationship and with an expert to explain how people can tragically forget something so important.

The harder question for the jury will be whether forgetting Cooper was caused by criminal negligence.

Based on the evidence that was presented during the trial, I think that the chance that Cooper was "forgotten" in the car is infinitesimally small. I now believe that Cooper was purposely left in the car. I will outline the evidence as well as how I arrived at my conclusion this evening.

The ultimate nail in the coffin came when reflecting on Dr. Brewer's testimony. Up until Ross missed the entrance for the turn lane, he had multiple triggers reminding him that he just had breakfast with Cooper. For instance, the CFA itself would serve as a "cue" that Ross just had breakfast with Cooper. I don't believe that it is possible to forget something at the same time that you are staring at a trigger. It doesn't add up. The short time frame in which Cooper was forgotten has always been troublesome (I do understand that it takes only a fraction of a second to forget so it's possible), but the fact that Ross had constant visible triggers/cues makes it practically impossible for me to believe that happened.

While the jury cannot weigh Dr. Diamond backing out when they deliberate, I am not a juror. It is extremely telling to me. Dr. Diamond doesn't believe that Ross forgot, and I don't either.

I have not yet listened to the final witness today so this is subject to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3