Trial - Ross Harris #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know many here don't like the Judge, but I like the way she speaks to and treats the jury. I think she explains things well and is very quirky yet informative with them. And positive and supportive. I think she has a good way about her in dealing with them. JMO :judge:

I wonder if the defense wanted Ross to testify and he refused

Should be a fairly interesting afternoon- video of Leanna from what I heard them saying. Cannot believe we will be on verdict watch next week.

Or maybe audio? Will have to go back
And see what they said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is going to have to be a lot of synthesizing information and putting it in an understandable narrative for the attorneys' closing arguments.

I think Brewer was enough. Think about it:

The first inquiry for the jury is very simple: - Did Ross deliberately murder his son or did he forget him in the car?

I think when all of the state's evidence is considered, there are not many people who thought the state proved beyond a reasonable doubt that Ross planned this and deliberately murdered his son. This is the most circumstantial of circumstantial cases - the only thing the State presented is a possible motive, and that evidence was weak.

The jurors just need to be given an alternative and an explanation that this same thing happens every summer by accident and Ross' case is no different, and there's even scientific research that explains it.

The defense doesn't have to prove anything. They don't have to put on an equal amount of evidence proving it wasn't intentional. They on,y have to raise the doubt, and they have done that through a list of witnesses who never saw any hostility or resentment in the father/son relationship and with an expert to explain how people can tragically forget something so important.

The harder question for the jury will be whether forgetting Cooper was caused by criminal negligence.

I thought Brewer very contradictory, totally out of his depth.

<bbm> There's the thing though, the DT haven't given the jury any of that. Diamond was their source of scientific research. As he was referenced by Brewer, the jury most likely anticipated hearing from this expert next.

It could be risky to incorporate that into Closing arguments. That would be akin to suggesting to the jury 'scientific research evidence is out there - we just didn't produce it'. Evidence that might have swayed jurors, one way or another, to criminal negligence or not. Considering the quick (imo unexpected) end to their case, in their shoes I guess I would take that risk.

With all due respect, we have absolutely no idea why Dr. Diamond didn't testify.

You called it yesterday. I agree with the reasons you speculated why he wouldn't testify

I wonder if the defense wanted Ross to testify and he refused

They talked to him in the jailhouse over 10 hours on Sunday. I am sure they wanted him on that stand.

Yeah him going back to the car at lunch really makes me think he was checking to see what was going on with Cooper&#8230;That just doesn't jive with the love he showed for his son at other times..He truly must be Dr. Jekyl/Mr. Hyde..But we must go with the evidence..

So the State is going to play a recording of LH? That is who Stockinger and Raisse spoke with at Treehouse.

Trying to discredit her testimony

Also wanting to know what the Leanna video is rebutting... they're not trying to maintain they're in cahoots, right? Goodness, you have the snake in the corner. Don't push it! Wondering if the def team is thinking, this trial is done for. We will try again on appeal.

Apparently he is playing an audio pf Leanna at the Treehouse. I wonder why...? What will that be rebutting?

I believe it may show that she again reacted very strange for the situation. Maybe she said and did curious things to show she may have known this was coming....speculation of course

They talked to him in the jailhouse over 10 hours on Sunday. I am sure they wanted him on that stand.

I think the 10 hour total was over the course of the 2+ years that they've represented him&#8230;not just on Sunday. That was my understanding...

Dr. Diamond could have pulled out for reasons that have nothing to do with Ross. However, the fact that Ross does not fit the mold of every defendant he's testified for...does give me pause. I do actually think it would do irreparable harm to his reputation to testify for Ross. We will never know why, I'm sure

Maybe he got to see the car like the jury did

Also wanting to know what the Leanna video is rebutting... they're not trying to maintain they're in cahoots, right? Goodness, you have the snake in the corner. Don't push it! Wondering if the def team is thinking, this trial is done for. We will try again on appeal.

Surly not. Didn't the State say that she wasn't being looked at? Stoddard still thinks so.

JMHO maybe video of LH saying RH must have left him in the car?

With all due respect, we have absolutely no idea why Dr. Diamond didn't testify.

You're right. We don't know why Dr. Diamond didn't testify. However, I cannot imagine that a well-respected paid witness would pull out on short notice without good reason.

However, his unwillingness to testify isn't driving my decision. It's just one more data point.

Dr Diamond has said in many articles that he would never testify for someone if he was not certain they had suffered from FBS. And this case had a few things that might have made him wonder about that. He would not have been able to use his 'usual' testimony in this case. And I think he was worried it would taint future prospective clients. he has a 'foundation' of past clients, who are very close, like a family unit. They pull together and support each other and counsel others. I don't think he wanted to open that circle to Ross. JMO :cow: :moo:

Exactly.

I am just speculating, but as the case went on, Dr. Diamond saw something that was completely incompatible with FBS (or at the very least gave him serious doubt). Why else would he pull out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member