Trial - Ross Harris #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if his treatment of her over the years has affected her to the point where she just accepts hurt as normal. Could she be on some kind of medication like antidepressants? They dull your reactions to things too.

I've wondered about this (your first sentence) too. Their relationship seems to have had excessive amounts of conflict and drama.

I believed LH's testimony and her explanation of the 'did you say too much?' question she asked. She did not seem cold or strange IRL.

I'm not trying to ruffle feathers at all- respectfully, her odd eulogy at Cooper's funeral sounds to me like a certain kind of 'christianese' that you hear spoken in the south. It can be odd and disconcerting to hear especiallly in a situation like that. People do actually say things like that.

If I was on the jury I'd have to vote guilty on sexting a minor (minors?). The prosecution hasn't tipped the balance of reasonable doubt far enough for me on the intentional murder charge.

This is is my first post, please be gentle. ;)

That walking away at the scene was what got me also.....my child was hit by a car and died and every day I had to drive by the spot where he was hit.....it was a long long time before I could even drive on that spot...it was almost like it was a sacred last spot where he was.....it has been many years and lots of things I don't remember but I remember all the pain and heartache.....I remember coming home from the funeral home and someone kept moving his bike off the porch for fear it would upset me to see it there....I would send them back to put the bike right back in plain view......that is the thing....you don't want folks to forget about your child....they lived and they died and they meant something in this old world...so these parents did not grieve like I would have thought they would or should I say from what I have read and seen the video of them.....I know LH/LT loved her son and I suppose she most certainly did grieve and is still grieving.....the only thing that got me through mine was he died instantly.....no suffering...no baking in the hot sun all day......I really don't think I could have lived through knowing that....plus I had a 15 month little boy that needed me to carry on for him.....had it not been for him I would not have made it.....this little Cooper died a horrific death...and for that justice needs to be served.....but am at a loss as to what justice is anymore.

bbm

Another lie from Leanna, since the recording proves Stockingr told her.

Leanna lies:
-She didn't know about the other woman for a long time (she knew about plenty of them after the probable cause hearing)
-She never said it was her biggest fear (Lie. She was recorded saying as much.)
-No one told her where Cooper was (He did.)

Any more?

I don't have ill feelings for her, but I cannot tolerate lying on stand. (Yes, that goes for both sides.) She is a character witness and she lied at least 3 times on stand. She's shaping up to be a kind of lousy witness.

While LeAnne recalled less than factual information to the Jury ..It is just one other reason State had to produce that audio in rebuttal!! ..But really bother's me is that defence knew of that audio yet allowed LeAnne to speak such a non-factual thing...Defence cannot say THEY never heard that evidence before ..yet tried to get away with LeAnne stating inaccurate things.. So to blame STATE for lies on SW's or claim all sorts of over-reactions to searching parents in this death of an innocent makes me SMH!!!

It's not a wonder that rebuttal witness by the STATE got greeted with such distain by Kilgore..They knew fulfil..It outed the misinformation that they knew...Leanne may very well have been under stress..BUT the defence team KNEW what was out there to prove her experience as misunderstood!!

In the end..The defence team failed..and hoped State would not refute some things they suggested,,BUT that final witness not only supported the STAE but refuted any maltreatment to LeAnne and Ross in the investigations surrounding Cooper's death!!

Which reminds me of another weird thing when Ross and Leann were talking in the interview room. In the middle of their discussion, Leann said [paraphrasing] ---" Let me ask you something, do you want to have another child?"
Ross quickly replied, kind of upbeat: " Sure...just because we lost one child doesn't mean we cannot have others..."

:WTH?

I thought that was so weird. Like he was totally ready to replace his child---they both were.

Makes me want to vomit.

I am bummed RH didn't testify today because I had a bet with my friend that when asked to spell his last name for the record he would say "Harris: Hotel - Alpha - Romeo - Romeo - India - Sierra."

Which reminds me of another weird thing when Ross and Leann were talking in the interview room. In the middle of their discussion, Leann said [paraphrasing] ---" Let me ask you something, do you want to have another child?"
Ross quickly replied, kind of upbeat: " Sure...just because we lost one child doesn't mean we cannot have others..."

:WTH?

I thought that was so weird. Like he was totally ready to replace his child---they both were.

Before I knew of their serious marital issues I thought Cooper was sacrificed for the life insurance money, to give his future siblings a better life.

I am bummed RH didn't testify today because I had a bet with my friend that when asked to spell his last name for the record he would say "Harris: Hotel - Alpha - Romeo - Romeo - India - Sierra."

:laughing:

Best post EVER

I will put this out there...I have 3 kids and live in Texas. Last July, My oldest son needed me to pick up his friend 10 minutes away and I had a newborn baby and was making lunch after work. I let my 5 yr old french mastiff outside to potty before we left. We went to his friends house to pick him up and then came home. My dog didnt greet me. Why? Did he escape? no...he was in the backyard. In July. He never got let back in. He was out there for probably 20-30 minutes. Its the worst feeling that I feel I killed my dog that I felt was like a child. I will hold that guilt with me FOREVER but it was an accident. I never had left him outside. He was an inside dog. I just had SO much going on that it happened. Just saying.

You remembered 3o minutes later when triggered. You did not have a 'false memory' that you had put him up in the bedroom or in his crate to sleep. You instantly remembered you had left him outside. Very different story from what the DT is trying to sell here, imo.

The officer asked her TWICE if it had happened before.

1:38 Stockinger asks her if Ross has ever done that before. Her voice sounds teary as she says, "No."

1:45 I know you're still in shock, he tells her; are you still with me? She asks to go to the restroom. Will she be okay in the restroom?, another detective asks. Stockinger: You said this has never happened before? "No. We talk about it a lot, she says. It's always been a big fear of mine. Always," she says. "You hear about it on the news."

We TALK about it alot, present tense. Weird.

http://www.wsbradio.com/weblogs/ros...og/2016/nov/04/friday-nov-4-day-21-testimony/

I've wondered about this (your first sentence) too. Their relationship seems to have had excessive amounts of conflict and drama.

I believed LH's testimony and her explanation of the 'did you say too much?' question she asked. She did not seem cold or strange IRL.

I'm not trying to ruffle feathers at all- respectfully, her odd eulogy at Cooper's funeral sounds to me like a certain kind of 'christianese' that you hear spoken in the south. It can be odd and disconcerting to hear especiallly in a situation like that. People do actually say things like that.

If I was on the jury I'd have to vote guilty on sexting a minor (minors?). The prosecution hasn't tipped the balance of reasonable doubt far enough for me on the intentional murder charge.

:wagon: Lily!

You picked a doozy of a case for your first post, lol! Seriously though, your opinions are welcome here - no ruffled feathers at all.

That walking away at the scene was what got me also.....my child was hit by a car and died and every day I had to drive by the spot where he was hit.....it was a long long time before I could even drive on that spot...it was almost like it was a sacred last spot where he was.....it has been many years and lots of things I don't remember but I remember all the pain and heartache.....I remember coming home from the funeral home and someone kept moving his bike off the porch for fear it would upset me to see it there....I would send them back to put the bike right back in plain view......that is the thing....you don't want folks to forget about your child....they lived and they died and they meant something in this old world...so these parents did not grieve like I would have thought they would or should I say from what I have read and seen the video of them.....I know LH/LT loved her son and I suppose she most certainly did grieve and is still grieving.....the only thing that got me through mine was he died instantly.....no suffering...no baking in the hot sun all day......I really don't think I could have lived through knowing that....plus I had a 15 month little boy that needed me to carry on for him.....had it not been for him I would not have made it.....this little Cooper died a horrific death...and for that justice needs to be served.....but am at a loss as to what justice is anymore.

I am so sorry to hear that, Nana, :grouphug: :rose: :candle:

Welcome! I agree with everything you said :)

I am so sorry for your loss.

It just dawned on me that if RH knew that his house of cards double life was starting to crack then that would be his motive. (In his words he loved his side life) So was CH's death just about not having to pay inevitable child support and have a custody dispute? I mean parents have killed over this. If he was planning an accidental death he only had a brief period of time in which to attempt such a thing. I think LH was only weeks away from finding out about all of his deeds. If she knew about his affairs she would have divorced him right then. Work was likely getting exasperated at him slipping. Something that really really bugged me was when LH said "What about your job?" He was at the police station and they had just found out their child was dead.

I took that to mean who should she call since obviously he wouldn't be in the next day (or the next).

But the reason I think that is I have no idea who I would need to call at my husband's work if something happened and he needed to call in, but couldn't. And, I admit, the reason I think of stuff like that is a couple of years ago our youngest son was hit by a car while crossing the street and his supervisor need to be notified about his absence. (he was ok BTW, doc couldn't figure out how he was okay but thank God he was!)

And, the reason we were able to think of routine stuff like that is he was ok. Doubt we would have noticed or even cared had he been seriously hurt.

[/B]I took that to mean who should she call since obviously he wouldn't be in the next day (or the next).

But the reason I think that is I have no idea who I would need to call at my husband's work if something happened and he needed to call in, but couldn't. And, I admit, the reason I think of stuff like that is a couple of years ago our youngest son was hit by a car while crossing the street and his supervisor need to be notified about his absence. (he was ok BTW, doc couldn't figure out how he was okay but thank God he was!)

And, the reason we were able to think of routine stuff like that is he was ok. Doubt we would have noticed or even cared had he been seriously hurt.
But really, his work already knew. They told LH while she was at RH office. Plus on the news!!!

[/B]I took that to mean who should she call since obviously he wouldn't be in the next day (or the next).

Glad your son was OK. Thank Goodness.

But LeAnn was at the TreeHouse. They knew exactly what had happened that day. She did not need to call his job. That was the least of his worries.

They also asked about how to get his car that day, hours after learning Cooper had died in the back seat of heat stroke. And they were both concerned about how to retrieve the car?

Well, it sounds like Ross at least tried to employ the "look again" tactic but forgot that day. That "look again" thing seems like a useless tactic to me - I liked Brewer's idea of taking off a shoe and placing it with the baby.

I would never adopt the shoe memory trigger. Taking my boots off while inside of the vehicle to toss in the backseat? Heck, yeah. I'd forget about doing that. Then, reaching into the backseat so I could grab my boot and put it back on so I could exit the vehicle into four inches of snow on the ground. No, thank you.

The one thing that all drivers who own vehicles have in common is that we lock our vehicles. Make the habit to check for baby when clicking the remote to lock the doors. Cooper was locked inside of his father's vehicle with dark tinted windows. If JRH had created the habit of every time that he locked his doors to check for sweet little baby then, problem solved for anywhere and everywhere he wanted to go knowing his son's safety was secured by checking each time he locked his doors.

BBM

That is what makes the most sense to me so far. This man makes his living by maintaining that sterling reputation. And he is wholeheartedly devoted to his support 'team' of FBS clients. They have an organization that devotes all their time and energy towards saving kids from this fate. And to do so, they band together and do press junkets and community events. They speak glowingly about each other, and Dr Diamond speaks fondly and respectfully about his team. He vouches for their integrity and honesty and they are the PROOF of his theory on FBS.

Ross would rock that entire boat, imo. He would taint it and possibly bring some doubt to the others veracity. I really don't think any of them wanted Ross to be included in their 'club.' Note that none of the support team went to this trial. But they have attended many other trials in support of strangers defending themselves from hot car death charges. But no one came to support Ross.

This ^^^100%.I'm shocked that the DT finished with a whimper, not a bang, but given the confusion of their last witness about the points brought up in cross, I can see an expert like Diamond wanting to bail on this case. Don't think he got all the info when asked to testify. The lifestyle of RH pre/during the agonizing death of his "little buddy/jJoker" doesn't exactly jive with the stories of the FBS advocates. MOO.

Oh. I am so, so sorry.

I'm still catching up but that was my first thought...excellent move by the state. I'd wondered why we hadn't heard her interviews by either side and wondered if both sides had a reason to hide them but now I think maybe the state held them for their rebuttal and that was pretty smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ilda