Trial Strategy

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unprecedented? According to who? How were his rights violated?

And please compare and contrast his rights being violated with the people named on K&B's website...were their rights violated? If not, why not?

This police dept. has been quieter than most PDs across the country. Have you seen the statements released in the Caylee Anthony case by not only the PD but the judge? Have you seen the evidence released so far?

By comparison, BC should be dancing a jig in his little cell that his PD and DA are so tight-lipped and never discuss evidence.

His rights were violated when she publically announced that NC's death was a result of domestic violence.

K&B's website only names people who gave affi's, which are public records. They also have not been accused of, or arrested for murder.

No, I have not followed the Caylee Anthony case at all.

Apparently they did not feel like any discussion of evidence was needed to publically announce that he killed her. Nothing so tight lipped about that.

His rights were violated when she publically announced that NC's death was a result of domestic violence.

K&B's website only names people who gave affi's, which are public records. They also have not been accused of, or arrested for murder.

Apparently they did not feel like any discussion of evidence was needed to publically announce that he killed her. Nothing so tight lipped about that.

They didn't say he killed her (although that is the logical inference since he was the one and only one arrested). The chief said, "this case has always been about domestic violence of the worst kind." She never said one word about Nancy's death in her statement. She never referred to Brad as 'the killer.' Those are your words. She assured the community they were and are safe.

She released no evidence and turned the matter over to the DA's office. BTW, Brad and his family and friends released affys too and those too are public documents. Brad's lawyers released EVIDENCE on their own site...evidence that *no one else* in LE or the DA's office released. And that evidence doesn't really help their client, but they did it anyway, thinking it would. You know who else released evidence in this case? NO ONE ELSE!

Seems the only ones whose rights were violated were the one who was murdered and 2 small children.

Here are the chief's exact words:

"With this very sad arrest, it should now be clear to everyone that Cary citizens have been and are safe. This was not a random act of violence but rather a case of domestic violence of the very worst kind, and I encourage every person in a challenging relationship right now to take the steps necessary to keep themselves safe. Don't wait, and don't think it can't happen to you."

----------

Please point out where Brad was called a killer? Her statement about this not being a random crime and the community is safe is the exact same thing she'd been saying from the beginning, with the addition of the domestic violence aspect of the case. You didn't feel she was violating anyone's rights when she called the crime 'not random' back in July.

She should not have made the statement prior to him being found guilty in a court of law. Just because NC is no longer here does not give this LE agency the unprecedented right to violate the rights of BC. There is still a remote possibility that he did not do it.

Extremely remote. I don't recall Chief Bazemore ever even mentioning the jailed one's name in her comments. Violated his rights - BS.

Unprecedented? According to who? How were his rights violated?

This police dept. has been quieter than most PDs across the country. Have you seen the statements released in the Caylee Anthony case by not only the PD but the judge? Have you seen the evidence released so far?

ITA - I remember Martha Coakley, the DA on Entwistle. She had a press conference and went on the media circuit laying out their case after Entwistle was arrested.

So..... if the police arrest someone they are not supposed to think they are guilty and certainly are not supposed to say anything like that? Isn't there a fundamental flaw in that logic?

So..... if the police arrest someone they are not supposed to think they are guilty and certainly are not supposed to say anything like that? Isn't there a fundamental flaw in that logic?

LOL! Oh Raleigh! Nooo...only the Cary PD (and probably the Raleigh PD too) need to play by those exact rules. They should have left Mr. Cooper alone unless/until a video in HD format surfaced showing him committing the crime and was independently authenticated by the FBI. Anything else is just not fair and is completely obstructing justice and Mr. Cooper's rights! That is unprecedented, egregious and a willful display of police brutality carefully orchestrated to rob Mr. Cooper of his unique and special rights, rights not afforded to any other person in the country.

Shame on you, Cary PD, for even imagining that Mr. Cooper might be the perp of this crime, let alone suggesting that this was not a random crime and the community is 'safe.' For shame; For shame! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

You are right. We don't even need a court system anymore with the likes of you people out there. Hell, he APPEARS guilty and statiscally probably is...so that should be good enough. No wonder so many many have sat wasting in jail on death row only to be released years later when DNA evidence cleared them. The smug attitudes of those like you have probably killed many innocent men. I hope the karma is returned in kind.

LE arrested Brad Cooper because they THINK he's guilty. They have the evidence and we do NOT know what that is. Niether does his attorney. That is what the 'discovery' period is about. THEN the defense will find out what LE has and figure out how to explain it to make it appear it was NOT Brad.

As far as the police department goes, their job is done, they have their suspect in jail. Now it's up to the pros to prove to a jury Brad's the right one. That's what the trial is all about.

IMO, any 'violence' within a home that involves 'family,' would most likely be referred to as 'domestic violence.' I mean 'domestic' is rerferring to the home and 'violence'............well,.........she IS dead.

JMHO
fran

LOL! Oh Raleigh! Nooo...only the Cary PD (and probably the Raleigh PD too) need to play by those exact rules. They should have left Mr. Cooper alone unless/until a video in HD format surfaced showing him committing the crime and was independently authenticated by the FBI. Anything else is just not fair and is completely obstructing justice and Mr. Cooper's rights! That is unprecedented, egregious and a willful display of police brutality carefully orchestrated to rob Mr. Cooper of his unique and special rights, rights not afforded to any other person in the country.

Shame on you, Cary PD, for even imagining that Mr. Cooper might be the perp of this crime, let alone suggesting that this was not a random crime and the community is 'safe.' For shame; For shame! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

You are right. We don't even need a court system anymore with the likes of you people out there. Hell, he APPEARS guilty and statiscally probably is...so that should be good enough. No wonder so many many have sat wasting in jail on death row only to be released years later when DNA evidence cleared them. The smug attitudes of those like you have probably killed many innocent men. I hope the karma is returned in kind.

Tsk, tsk. Those are some strong words for someone who claims to neither know the jailed one nor have a strong opinion or emotions about the outcome of this case.

So you believe there is possibly DNA evidence in this case that points away from Mr. Cooper but he was arrested anyway, just because? And the Wake County DA went along with this (DNA) farce because...why? And the PD violated Cooper's rights by not discussing any evidence or providing REASONS (i.e. evidence) of why they arrested him, but if they had done so or the DA had done so, that would have violated his rights. I believe that's "damned if ya do and damned if ya don't."

I believe in DNA evidence too. I'm happy when an old case is resolved through DNA evidence that shows someone else did the crime.

Previously you asserted that hearsay was used as evidence for both the custody case and his arrest, but were unable to provide proof of that. In fact Judge Sasser specifically SAID she was not going to consider any statements that were hearsay. You accused the Cary PD of referring to Mr. Cooper as the "killer" in their press conference on Oct 27th, but when their actual quote was provided which refuted your allegations, you changed the subject. You allege that the Cary PD has violated Mr. Cooper's rights, but when asked which rights were violated and how, you gave an example that wasn't valid (you said they called him the "killer" and said that "Nancy's death was due to domestic violence" neither of which they said).

I'm curious why anytime a question is posed asking for a clarification, the subject gets changed altogether and a new line of attack ensues and the attack turns on the poster instead of staying on the subject being discussed?

Why is it so difficult to argue the facts of this case, discuss the laws surrounding our police and court system, and be able to stay on the topic?

Tsk, tsk. Those are some strong words for someone who claims to neither know the jailed one nor have a strong opinion or emotions about the outcome of this case.
They are strong words for someone who believes in the presumption of innocense until proven guilty in a court of law. I would feel this way even if it were you sitting in jail right now.
So you believe there is possibly DNA evidence in this case that points away from Mr. Cooper but he was arrested anyway, just because? And the Wake County DA went along with this DNA farce because...why?
You have a unique way of trying to twist my words into something entirely different than intended. Seems we have read about some one else that was like that.[/COLOR]
I believe in DNA evidence too. I'm happy when an old case is resolved through DNA evidence that shows someone else did the crime.
Sad. No doubt statistics and people such as yourself put innocent people in jail erronously.
Previously you asserted that hearsay was used as evidence for both the custody case and his arrest, but were unable to provide proof of that. You accused the Cary PD of referring to Mr. Cooper as the "killer" in their press conference on Oct 27th, but when their actual quote was provided which refuted your allegations, you changed the subject. You allege that the Cary PD has violated Mr. Cooper's rights, but when asked which rights were violated and how, you gave an example that wasn't valid (you said they called him the "killer").
The quote did not refute my allegations. Domestic violence does not lead the general public to believe anyone else but the husband/wife/SO did it.
I'm curious why anytime a question is posed asking for a clarification, the subject gets changed altogether and a new line of attack ensues and the attack turns on the poster instead of staying on the subject being discussed?
The only person who attacks the poster is you. Because I do not believe as you do. I don't damn a man to death or a life of imprisonment without solid evidences makes you feel it is appropriote to post rude and condesending remarks about my opionios
Why is it so difficult to argue the facts of this case, discuss the laws surrounding our police and court system, and be able to stay on the topic? Why is it so hard for you to believe that despite yourself, you don't know all of the facts about this case?

QUOTE=SleuthyGal;2989016]Tsk, tsk. Those are some strong words for someone who claims to neither know the jailed one nor have a strong opinion or emotions about the outcome of this case.
They are strong words for someone who believes in the presumption of innocense until proven guilty in a court of law. I would feel this way even if it were you sitting in jail right now.
So you believe there is possibly DNA evidence in this case that points away from Mr. Cooper but he was arrested anyway, just because? And the Wake County DA went along with this DNA farce because...why?
You have a unique way of trying to twist my words into something entirely different than intended. Seems we have read about some one else that was like that.[/COLOR]
Sad. No doubt statistics and people such as yourself put innocent people in jail erronously.
Previously you asserted that hearsay was used as evidence for both the custody case and his arrest, but were unable to provide proof of that. You accused the Cary PD of referring to Mr. Cooper as the "killer" in their press conference on Oct 27th, but when their actual quote was provided which refuted your allegations, you changed the subject. You allege that the Cary PD has violated Mr. Cooper's rights, but when asked which rights were violated and how, you gave an example that wasn't valid (you said they called him the "killer").
The quote did not refute my allegations. Domestic violence does not lead the general public to believe anyone else but the husband/wife/SO did it.
The only person who attacks the poster is you. Because I do not believe as you do. I don't damn a man to death or a life of imprisonment without solid evidences makes you feel it is appropriote to post rude and condesending remarks about my opionios
Why is it so difficult to argue the facts of this case, discuss the laws surrounding our police and court system, and be able to stay on the topic? Why is it so hard for you to believe that despite yourself, you don't know all of the facts about this case?[/QUOTE]

QUOTE=SleuthyGal;2989016]Tsk, tsk. Those are some strong words for someone who claims to neither know the jailed one nor have a strong opinion or emotions about the outcome of this case.
Why is it so difficult to argue the facts of this case, discuss the laws surrounding our police and court system, and be able to stay on the topic? Why is it so hard for you to believe that despite yourself, you don't know all of the facts about this case?[/QUOTE]

Some of us on this OPINION board are of the OPINION that BC killed his wife. We have based our OPINIONS on certain actions, reactions, lack of actions, medical reports, affidavits, discussions, to arrive at our OPINIONS. We have done this with respect for each others' OPINIONS and without bashing, such as:

the likes of you people

The smug attitudes of those like you

All OPINONS are welcome.

Bashing, degradation, and so forth -- not so much.

I have never called anyone on this board "smug." Can you say the same?

I've never referred to anyone on this board as "the likes of you" or "people such as yourself." Can you say the same?

I have never said once that I think we have all the facts (or even that I personally have all the facts). Please provide proof of where I said otherwise.

I never said I could convict Mr. Cooper in a court of law, based on what I know so far in this case. Please provide proof of where I said otherwise.

Please show where I have attacked posters (rather than debate the subject matter and content being discussed)?

If you don't think that DNA exonerating Mr. Cooper will be a factor in THIS case, then WHY did you bring that argument to the discussion? How is someone else's (DNA exoneration) case from years ago germane to the Cooper case now?

You neither know me, nor my views, and, from what I can tell, do not remember my stance and opinion on many facets of this case, which differ from others in some key ways.

Again, I'd like to know why the discussion can't follow the topics of: the evidence, the facts that we do know, the laws of this jurisdiction, the info gathered about the way Wake County proceeds, trial strategy, etc, etc?

No need to worry, rw, we can't convict him on the board. Brad will have a fair trial. Sleuthy and Jilly have given you examples of other cases where much more information was given to the public. Honestly, I am not sure what you think should have happened. I am a relative newbie to murder trials. Several members on the board often make references to relevant murder cases for comparison. I have found it helpful to look at other cases and how they were handled. I do think that it may also be helpful for you.

You are welcome to your opinion, of course.

I think Bazemore announcing during her last presser that NC's death was a result of the worst kind of domestic violence is reason enough for a change in venue. IMO, she violated his rights when she made such a statement.

By that logic, all indictments and trials should be kept secret -- after all, by charging someone of a crime, LE is stating that they believe the person is guilty and that they plan to prove it.

(think Guantanamo)

Just heard some interesting news from a very credible source.
Using the new touch DNA technique, the SBI found Brad's DNA on Nancy's neck.

The jury will have their Forensic evidence Brad killed her.

Ooooh, JTF. That IS juicy. I love your credible sources! Thanks!:blowkiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member