Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
‏ @CityCynthia
#Rafferty - asked if she thought she would go off with someone she didn't know. Tara said no.

@CityCynthia
#Rafferty - cross exam done. Tara finished testifying.

@AM980_Court
Derstine's cross is over. 20 minute break.

@AdrianMorrow
Derstine's cross-examination is done. Tara McDonald's evidence is done.

I think that went well for Tara. Good for her. She did drugs and she got some from Carol. Not surprised. JMO xoxo to Tara for getting through that.

Me too me too! Great work!! Pat yourselves on the back!

I won't be back from break before it starts again so keep it up! xo

What a day, with lots of new info. Justice is coming Tori. xo

#Rafferty - cross exam done. Tara finished testifying.

by citycynthia via twitter 3:05 PM

The judge has now called for a brief recess. That is the end of the testimony from Tara McDonald, Tori's mother.

by Jon Hembrey 3:07 PM

McDonald tells Derstine that she had told Tori about not talking to strangers. The eight-year-old had also done an art project about the same issue.

by Jon Hembrey 3:05 PM

On cross-examination, McDonald tells Derstine she didn't start looking until 4:30 p.m. after Goris came back from cashing a GST cheque.

by Jon Hembrey 3:03 PM

McDonald tells Derstine she had told Daryn to walk home with Tori but he took another child home. When Daryn went to Oliver Stephens Public School Tori was gone.

by Jon Hembrey 3:02 PM

McDonald had earlier told the Crown that she had taken an OxyContin pill on April 8, 2009. Derstine asks if she had taken it shortly before she went home to wait for Tori at home and McDonald says yes.

by Jon Hembrey 2:59 PM

The Crown ends its questioning and Dirk Derstine begins his cross-examination. McDonald's voice has been fairly steady throughout although it has broke with emotion when discussing Tori and the events of April 8, 2009.

by Jon Hembrey 2:58 PM

Crown asks about what she did when Tori did not come home on time. #sl #rafferty

by nagyCBC via twitter 2:54 PM

McDonald realized around 3:45 p.m. that Victoria was not home. "We started to look around immediately," she says. McDonald set out on foot and Daryn looked on his bicycle.

by Jon Hembrey 2:52 PM

She says #toristafford had picked out her outfit for school the night before. She loved to dress up #sl #rafferty

by nagyCBC via twitter edited by CBC News 2:50 PM

Sometimes getting Tori dressed in the morning was difficult, McDonald testifies, but they had laid out her clothes beforehand. She was wearing black and white running shoes, black leotard with black skirt and a Hannah Montana shirt on April 8, 2009.

by Jon Hembrey 2:46 PM

Tori was excited as they worked on her new room. Her mother said she could invite two friends over to watch a musical on April 8, 2009.

by Jon Hembrey 2:43 PM

On the night of April 7, 2009, Tori, McDonald and Goris were at their residence at 647 Frances Street but Daryn was staying with his grandmother several blocks away.

by Jon Hembrey 2:41 PM

Tori loved "girl things" but was also a "tom boy," McDonald testifies. "She had quite the personality."

by Jon Hembrey 2:39 PM

McDonald begins describing her daughter, who loved art, music and movies about dancing. She says Tori was very close with her brother Daryn. "She spent a lot of time with her brother, they were extremely close."

by Jon Hembrey 2:37 PM

McDonald had also gone to the residence where McClintic lived to discuss dog breeding. She had a shih-tzu and McClintic's mother had two shih-tzus. McDonald decided against the plan.

by Jon Hembrey 2:35 PM

McDonald said she met Terri-Lynne McClintic on two separate occasions. Her partner, James Goris, had purchased OxyContin from McClintic's mother.

by Jon Hembrey 2:33 PM

McDonald said she has stopped using drugs.

by Jon Hembrey 2:31 PM

McDonald says she met Terri-Lynne McClintic on two separate occasions.

by Jon Hembrey 2:28 PM

McDonald says she was still using drugs around April 8, 2009.

by Jon Hembrey 2:28 PM

McDonald sounds steady and composed as she address the court. #sl #rafferty

by nagyCBC via twitter 2:26 PM

McDonald says she began dealing with drug use around 2005. She took OxyContin.

by Jon Hembrey 2:26 PM

McDonald says her two children would often walk to school together.

by Jon Hembrey 2:20 PM

Tara McDonald is on the stand. She explains she had two children with Rodney Stafford, a son named Daryn and a daughter Victoria. On April 8, 2009, both children were attending Oliver Stephens Public School.

by Jon Hembrey 2:17 PM

Crown calls Tara McDonald as next witness. The mother of Tori Stafford.

by Jon Hembrey 2:11 PM

#Rafferty - Tara just left

by citycynthia via twitter 3:20 PM

#Rafferty - sorry, "mis tweeted". Tara looked visibly upset outside court. I asked her if she was ok, she looked at me. Nodded yes.

by citycynthia via twitter 3:22 PM

That's interesting IMO. I wonder if Goris will be testifying.

I also found it interesting that it wasn't asked Max, I would have thought that the defence would try to establish that TM had never seen MTR before, though I guess with the Crown saying, even if he was there and didn't actually commit the crime, he is still as guilty as TLM, maybe it doesn't matter whether TM knew him or not - JMO.

I also found it interesting that it wasn't asked Max, I would have thought that the defence would try to establish that TM had never seen MTR before, though I guess with the Crown saying, even if he was there and didn't actually commit the crime, he is still as guilty as TLM, maybe it doesn't matter whether TM knew him or not - JMO.

I'm wondering if Goris testifies if he will be asked that question.

Adrian Morrow‏@AdrianMorrowReply

Staff Sergeant Paul Hess is up now, he's an investigator with the Woodstock police

Hess was called in the evening of April 8 when reports of #ToriStafford's disappearance came in

He says he swiftly called in a large number of detetctives that night, along with uniformed officers to help: "I just didn't have a very...

"...good feeling." He said. Held a briefing at 9 pm that night

They searched the area around the school and Tori's residence

http://twitter.com/#!/AdrianMorrow

Hess says police became aware of the disappearance of Tori Stafford at 6:04 p.m. on April 8, 2009.

by Jon Hembrey 3:46 PM

Court is now resuming. Paul Hess, who was a sergeant with the Woodstock police, is on the stand.

by Jon Hembrey 3:45 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members