Trial Thread 4/13/2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Crown has done an outstanding job at how they are presenting this case even though I criticize when they don't redirect but I can see now that they don't really have to. The evidence and testimony speaks for itself. The Chapters strategy is brilliant!!!

:clap:

Agree. I do like the Chapters. It tells a story. Apparently i missed the no Court Monday thing :floorlaugh: In my "Defense" i did get here late in the case following thru the papers.

Rafferty worked near area where Tori’s body was discovered, Stafford jury hears

TIMOTHY APPLEBY

The two women were among nine different witnesses who have told the court of connecting with Mr. Rafferty, both before and after Tori was murdered, via the dating web site PlentyofFish.com, which bills itself as the largest such site in the world.

And in other evidence, the jury was for the first time offered an explanation as to how Mr. Rafferty might have come to select the secluded rural spot where Tori’s body was located in July, 2009: Three years earlier he had been working for a landscaping company that did some work nearby.

As each walked in and out of the big 14th-floor courtroom, he watched them intently from the glass-walled prisoner’s box and more than once rubbed his eyes.

Tori’s father and mother, Rodney Stafford and Tara McDonald, were also in the big, 14th-floor courtroom, which as usual was crowded with spectators.

Collectively the women’s testimony painted a picture of a needy, persistent suitor who exuded both confidence and mood swings.

A woman whose name was placed under a publication ban recounted shunning his advances. “He was texting me and wondered why I wasn’t excited to see him,” she testified.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...iscovered-stafford-jury-hears/article2401722/

This is disturbing.

On April 9, the day after Tori disappeared, Chambers went to McDonald's house to comfort her and join in the search for Tori.

Chambers said Rafferty texted her that day and expressed surprise and concern about Tori's disappearance. He later told Chambers that he joined in the search for Tori that night.

Chambers said they met the next day and Rafferty was kind and comforting and joked about tackling the "white-coated woman" who was the suspect in the abduction of Tori.

"He seemed to have a big heart about it (Tori's disappearance)," said Chambers.

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/raffertytrial/2012/04/13/19628261.html

I wonder if he did search the train tracks?

`(He said) he was out searching, himself, as well," said Chambers, who lived near the little girl. "He said he was searching around the train tracks."

http://www.canada.com/Tori+Stafford...turn+safe+says+woman+dated/6455387/story.html

Chambers broke down on the stand a number of times and had to take long pauses during her testimony.

She said that on April 10, 2009, Rafferty had expressed concern to her about Stafford.

"He said, `I believe she's OK. I'm sure she will return safe,' I remember him saying," said Chambers, whose children are now 13 and 16.
"He seemed to be concerned as any other person I had talked to. He seemed to have a big heart about the situation."

Does anyone know if MR was ever really involved in any searches?

I want to know whose homes he said he knew the layouts to and if any belonged to any of these women. Who was he going to kidnap? JMO

I'm thinking one of those homes may have been Amanda. Even though he told LE she lived on some street starting with a "B" on the way out of town, I believe she testified that she lived close to where Victoria used to live near the school. And didn't one of those pictures from earlier show a townhouse unit that was near the school?

And Amanda has a daughter who was 13yrs old at the time. :(

MOO

More here.

Chambers told the jury that McDonald and she were neighbours at one point.

Like several women who testified on Thursday and Friday, Chambers said she met Rafferty on Plenty of Fish, a dating website. She first met him on April 3, 2009.

“We got along well,” she said. “He seemed pretty nice.”

When Chambers told him on the evening of April 9 that she was out in a park looking for the daughter of a friend who was missing, he told her he was around train tracks near his home looking for Tori.

She said she met him for coffee on April 11. “We were talking how worried I was and we talked about how she may have gone missing,” said Chambers. “He said he believed she was okay.”

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/a...nterested-in-girl-s-disappearance-trial-hears

It's also amazing that somebody can rape and kill a little girl then dump her body.....and turn around and hit up POF to meet so many women. This from a guy that was so "horrified" yet.

Sounds like he was trying to set up a date the next day (Thursday) for breakfast on the Friday.

MOO

It's called the Casey Anthony Disorder.

And it has been added to the DSM (is that the right name for that book) as a personality disorder of the highest concern. When diagnosed with such disorder, the person is likely to find themselves facing long and ardous court battles :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Salem

(I'm kidding of course :))

:websleuther:Swedie Thanks for putting that list together:blowkiss::loveyou:

You must have been up all night...:countsheep:

What's the count at???
:Banane27::bananapowerslide::Banane29::Banane14::Banana2::Banana4::Banane30::Banane12::Banane41::Banane27:

You're quite welcome and I kindly thank Latole for the huge help with today's additions.:tyou::loveyou::blowkiss:

I'm still catching up, pages behind. Funny how I comment as I read along, to see someone has already posted the same thoughts or information. Just too excited to add :twocents: MOO. :woohoo:

Just had to add to the list of "jobs" Rafferty said he had or is believed to have had
Can't wait to hear what he actually did do as a living

Every single job below is what Rafferty specifically told people

-Contractor
-Landscaper
-worked a better beef in Guelph
-Dance Instuctor
-was said to be in college working towards a Veterinary Assistant
-Caretaker (for his Mother) & TLM's Mother
-Possible drug traffic
-As MR stated in the LE interview, he also worked at Glen Abbey.
-And I believe he was a chef, trained at George Brown.
-working under the table
-Dance Instructor
-Had his own Contracting Business
-Snow Plower
-HR-hiring person for construction sites
-worked @ Juvenile Detention Centre(London on Oxford St)
-Teacher Dance Class
-Ballroom Dance Teacher

AND thanks to SB for the list of MR's wannabe career choices, odd jobs, fantasy positions, ect. I bet we can add more such as unemployed bum. That's a profession isn't it? :waitasec: :moo:

well all today showed was what a disgusting and desperate individual MR was... with the overlapping of these girls I wonder how he managed to keep it all in order and how did he even manage to fit TLM into this...

Well it did show that.... but I think it also showed that MR was not likely to be manipulated by TLM. It tends to show that MR was probably in the controlling position. Very interesting, in my opinion. MR was pretty skilled in picking up women and telling them stories.

Salem

RaffertyLFP: Cruikshank identifies landfills near Harriston and Palmerston, Drayton

RaffertyLFP: One landfill is just south of Mount Forest

There was also a landfill near Riverston. It's close to side road 5/highway 6. Just south of Mount Forest, not far from the scene.

RaffertyLFP: Cruikshank was interviewed by Stafford investigators - gave them documents re sites that Rafferty worked

Cruickshank says police eventually contracted him about the Tori investigation. They asked for documents about Rafferty's employment.

The Riverston landfill site is about a 4 min drive from where VS was discovered. From the farmers field you would drive on sideroad 6, cross over Hwy 6 and the landfill site is right there on the right.

what disturbed me the most today was that MR mentioned TLM indirectly to several of the other woman he was trying to hook up with from POF.. in one instance he said he was working with a troubled 17-18 y/o at the youth jail or some such thing and than in another he says he has to drive some "woman" to the police for questioning.. than in another he mentions the woman in the white coat.

He certainly seemed to have a lot on his mind about TLM in the days after she was in custody

(:)moo:))

I wouldn't go out on a date with a guy wearing that blue vest, that's for sure. LOL! JMO

Why do I cringe every time I scroll down and find his picture? LOL I've had times where if I want to read someone's post, he's staring right at me. I have literally put my hand on my screen so I don't have to look at him. :sick::puke::yow::moo:

If anyone gets a chance, can we add dates to the girlfriend list? It seems many overlap and many are in close proximity to Tori's disapperance - which I find very interesting.

I will try to work on it later also. Right now, I have to get to some real life tasks.

Prayers for Tori and her Family and all who love her,

Salem

I can Salem when I get caught up. No worries.

Is there anyone left who still thinks he might be innocent? This guy is guilty as sin! Can you imagine if you were one of the girls he dated who had to testify? Especially those who met up with him after he raped and murdered little Tori? There is no damn way that some other guy's bits of "stuff" was left between the car door frame and the door where it just "happened" to mix with Tori's blood! That is ridiculous! think about it! When a couple has sex in a car, how many do you know who do so with the door or doors open? What other explanation is there for him getting his junk mixed with Tori's on that car? Hear the deafening silence? That is because there is no other explanation! This guy raped and murdered Tori, cleaned her remains up as if she were a common household mess, and hid his handiwork! I hope to heaven he rots in jail where he clearly belongs! You think maybe Rod and his brother and perhaps Tara's brothers could have some private time with him in jail? How long was Tori in his company? Why do we continue to allow the damned guilty parties to have more rights than their victims? Enough is enough! Lock him up and toss the key! Same with TLM! JUSTICE FOR TORI ELIZABETH STAFFORD AND HER LOVED ONES!

I'm thinking one of those homes may have been Amanda. Even though he told LE she lived on some street starting with a "B" on the way out of town, I believe she testified that she lived close to where Victoria used to live near the school. And didn't one of those pictures from earlier show a townhouse unit that was near the school?

And Amanda has a daughter who was 13yrs old at the time. :(

MOO

I think it might be her too r.e. the house. Her daughter is 13 now I think so 10 at the time. She also has a little boy who is younger. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en