Trial Thread 4/19/2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Next slide shows Drumbo cell phone transmitter.

Carnegie says, again, he's about to get into a more specific area. We'll take the lunch break now, back at 2:15.

Mike Knoll: court breaks for lunch

I think what they have actually said is that the phone was off until 4:18 and between then and 7:00 it was on but not necessarily in use.MOO

You worded it better than I could. Thanks :)

Steven D'Souza ‏ @cbcsteve
Lunch break until 2:15 p.m. #sl

What I am undersstanding is TLM said MR removed the battery from his phone when they left Woodstock around 4 pm.

But, the phone was in use from 4 until 7......so it couldn't have been off.

TLM didn't tell the truth. Why?

To make MR look guilty of the abduction?

It sounds like there was a lot of discussion going on......negotiations?

Who was talking on the phone....MR or TLM?

The police were informed of the abduction at 6:06 pm.

Hmmmmmmmm

JMO

Wonder why she lied about this??? How would lying about this make MR look more guilty?

@AM980_Court
  • Carnegie says, again, he's about to get into a more specific area. We'll take the lunch break now, back at 2:15.

Isn't that about the time they arrive in Guelph for the perc pickup, they could have turned the phone back on.

I thought it would have taken longer to drive from Woodstock to Guelph..

an I wrong in thinking it was around 3:30 pm that they picked up TS..JMO

Avery Moore ‏ @AveryFreeFMNews
Lunch recess is called. More testimony about cellular networks and call from #Rafferty's phone on the way.

Wonder why she lied about this???

Maybe he was screwing with her? Maybe she was high? Maybe she recalled that he did take it out but wasnt totally sure of the time frame so she might have just said around the location?

There are so many different things that could have happened.

The fact that he would have taken out is weird to me. The only time I ever take my battery out is to reboot it, if its frozen or I am having issues. Who would and why would someone take the battery out unless you had something to hide.

I dont think she lied at all. I think she just gave the wrong time and place. JMHO

As you may know we have so much data on our phone plans. When we make a call, go on the internet or have our phone 'on' we use up data. So this is what they are speaking of in order to prove MR's phone was active at such and such a time.

You don't use data when you make a call. You only use data when you use the internet, in the base of Blackberry then you would use data to use Blackberry messenger, you also use data when you send pictures, and when you use Messenger programs like MSN, anything that uses the internet to communicate uses data (not calls) Oh and GPS also uses data, because GPS presents its data in a web page format.

I thought it would have taken longer to drive from Woodstock to Guelph..

an I wrong in thinking it was around 3:30 pm that they picked up TS..JMO

Takes 55 minutes going the speed limit according to google maps. This is 48 minutes so it fits.

Wonder why she lied about this??? How would lying about this make MR look more guilty?

it doesn't surprise me..the lying I mean..how can we believe anything that came out of her mouth...does anyone know if TLM had her drivers licence...just wondering..hmmmm JMO

You don't use data when you make a call. You only use data when you use the internet, in the base of Blackberry then you would use data to use Blackberry messenger, you also use data when you send pictures, and when you use Messenger programs like MSN, anything that uses the internet to communicate uses data (not calls) Oh and GPS also uses data, because GPS presents its data in a web page format.

Just so I understand, the phone was off right? But the data was still being transmitted (voice mail, text, etc). ?

Voice mail and text is considered data, correct?

I think I remember in TLM testimony that they turned the phone back on at the Tim Hortons stop.

I wonder if they let Tori play on games on the internet while they were driving? Just a thought??

Takes 55 minutes going the speed limit according to google maps. This is 48 minutes so it fits.

would that be allowing for traffic at that time of day...maybe not in the Woodstock area but the 401 and the Guelph area... do you also know the mileage from where they started out from to that house in Guelph...

Just so I understand, the phone was off right? But the data was still being transmitted (voice mail, text, etc). ?

Voice mail and text is considered data, correct?

No I think the phone had to be on between 4:18 and 7:00 but wasn't in use. Not sure though.

Maybe he was screwing with her? Maybe she was high? Maybe she recalled that he did take it out but wasnt totally sure of the time frame so she might have just said around the location?

There are so many different things that could have happened.

The fact that he would have taken out is weird to me. The only time I ever take my battery out is to reboot it, if its frozen or I am having issues. Who would and why would someone take the battery out unless you had something to hide.

I dont think she lied at all. I think she just gave the wrong time and place. JMHO

You take the battery out to reboot it... perhaps that is what he did, but she didn't notice him put the battery back in? Perhaps his GPS application was malfunctioning (and GPS would explain the long data calls).

JMO

(Also: I was under the impression that he took the battery out on the way to Guelph, which could have been any time from when they left that parking lot.... JMO)

I just wanted to say, that I think it is very telling that Derstine did not offer an explanation of what MTR meant by his Status Update on April 8th, prior to the abduction and murder.

I was surprised that he did not.

JMO

Maybe he'll put him on the stand and ask him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raine73