Trial Thread 4/19/2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
would that be allowing for traffic at that time of day...maybe not in the Woodstock area but the 401 and the Guelph area... do you also know the mileage from where they started out from to that house in Guelph...

Google maps always tells you a bit longer than it actually takes and no I don't have the mileage to the house.

Just so I understand, the phone was off right? But the data was still being transmitted (voice mail, text, etc). ?

Voice mail and text is considered data, correct?

Voice mail is not data, and neither is text because text messages don't use the internet to send text, however, you can use a app through facebook to send a text message and in that case the app associated with facebook would use data.

The phone can be 'idle' and still use data. However, if the phone is off/or the battery out than no.

ps. I am still catching up to the thread so It may take some time before I get to certain tech questions I can answer :) sorry :)

it doesn't surprise me..the lying I mean..how can we believe anything that came out of her mouth...does anyone know if TLM had her drivers licence...just wondering..hmmmm JMO

What are you wondering? That she drove to Mt Forrest herself?

Maybe the accused murderer is taking a lot of notes because he will testify.

(yeah right. )

would that be allowing for traffic at that time of day...maybe not in the Woodstock area but the 401 and the Guelph area... do you also know the mileage from where they started out from to that house in Guelph...

That stretch of highway every time I drive it doesn't seem to have a lot of traffic like the east bound does. It always seems to be moving. JMO

I wonder if the Cambridge tower is what picks up when at the drug pick up house in Guelph because clearly they were not in Cambridge. Maybe near the tower but not in Cambridge but the outside of Guelph area?

Voice mail is not data, and neither is text because text messages don't use the internet to send text, however, you can use a app through facebook to send a text message and in that case the app associated with facebook would use data.

The phone can be 'idle' and still use data. However, if the phone is off/or the battery out than no.

Thanks. I give up. lol Cellphone testimony always confuses me. Maybe, it will help if I saw the actual mapping being shown to the jury (if it becomes available).

I don't think she lied.

I agree.

I think Derstine just reinforced what TLM said, the phone was off until 4:18, TLM testified MTR made a phone call about the percs. So it was at 4:18 (and they would have been close proximity to Guelph at that point) when he turned his phone back on and made the call. The timeline does fit.

I'm no cellphone techie but the way I understood it, the phone doesn't have to be on to receive data (voice mail, text, ).

So it could very well be that between that time, he was receiving messages but his phone was off.

JMO

I wonder if the phone was on or just roaming when the data came in

I really dont think she had a license. That is just my opinion though.

Whether she had a license or not doesn't really matter. People drive without them all the time.

But she certainly didn't drive his car to HD. That's been proven.

Thanks. I give up. lol Cellphone testimony always confuses me. Maybe, it will help if I saw the actual mapping being shown to the jury (if it becomes available).

Well broad explained it, when the phone is off and the battery is out, nothing can be transmitted. When the phone is on and not being used, it's called idling, so data can still be transmitted. Even tho you are not using the phone when it is in 'idle' mode, your phone still works in the background, updating apps and the operating system. :)

Linda Nguyen ‏ Crown calls next witness Mustafa Bakhtyar, an expert in radio frequency engineering from Bell Canada #ToriStafford #Rafferty

Linda Nguyen ‏Broad agrees in cross-examination that records show #Rafferty's cellphone was on from 4:18pm to 7:03pm on Apr8 #toristafford #rafferty

Linda Nguyen ‏ Broad has mapped all voice and data calls made from #Rafferty's cellphone on Apr8,2009. Number of calls were that aft and evening

Linda Nguyen ‏
We're now seeing a map of cellular phone towers from Woodstock to Mount Forest #ToriStafford #Rafferty

Linda Nguyen ‏ Court now being shown phone records belong to Terri-Lynne McClintic's mother, Carol. McC did not have her own cellphone #Rafferty

Linda Nguyen ‏ Court is now looking at #Rafferty's cellphone usage on Apr8, 2009 - day #ToriStafford disappeared

Linda Nguyen ‏ Bell does not keep records of where text messages are sent from #Rafferty #ToriStafford

Linda Nguyen ‏ Broad says Bell records where calls are made so they can easily bill customers #Rafferty #ToriStafford

Linda Nguyen ‏ Once again, #Rafferty has his head bowed and is writing in a stack of papers from the prisoner's box #ToriStafford

Linda Nguyen ‏ I've actually been at the trial all this time but have toned down the live-tweeting bc I've been in the main crtroom

In reply to Jade Jenkins Hide conversation 2h Linda Nguyen ‏ @LindaNguyenPN
He was the one who provided police with #Rafferty's cellphone records. Court going thru a slideshow now of how cellular networks work

Linda Nguyen ‏
Broad is a senior manager with Bell for information security and digital forensics #toristafford #rafferty

Linda Nguyen ‏The Crown will present evidence today about #Rafferty's activities on his BlackBerry. Witness David Broad is up on the stand #toristafford

Linda Nguyen ‏ @LindaNguyenPN
For those who missed me, I will be providing more regular Twitter updates today from the #ToriStafford murder trial #Rafferty

I just went over Day 5 tweets from Lfpress. TLM testified he removed his battery around the Super 8 motel, drove to Guelph, stopped at Tim Hortons, yelled to keep Tori covered and after made a phone call for the drugs.

I think the time frame fits for the phone to be back on at 4:18 with this testimony.

RaffertyLFP: On May 17 2009 Broad turned over data on Rafferty's phone calls made on April 8 to police

RaffertyLFP: Court is seeing a map detailing the locations where Rafferty made phone and data call on April 8 2009

Carnegie suggests police looked into Rafferty's cell phone usage on May 17th, 2009. Broad can't remember the date.

Next slide shows the map between Woodstock and Mount Forest. Shows sites Rafferty's phone used to make calls.

MAY 17th????????

Well broad explained it, when the phone is off and the battery is out, nothing can be transmitted. When the phone is on and not being used, it's called idling, so data can still be transmitted. Even tho you are not using the phone when it is in 'idle' mode, your phone still works in the background, updating apps and the operating system. :)

ok so what was Derstine trying to dispute in Broad's testimony? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member