Trial Thread 4/20/2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
peeps: does anyone know if they took the field trip yet out to the site where Tori was found?

tia

Derstine, on cross examination, asks wen her exams were. After April 8th. She got an MSN message from him, thought something was wrong.

RaffertyLFP: During week of exams after April 8 received message Rafferty and thought something was wrong.

On May 25th, 2009 she told police during exam week she got an MSN message from him, thought something was wrong. She called him, no response

He said he missed her call as he was going through a rough time. No more questions.

RaffertyLFP: Witness dismissed. Court adjourning. Legal matters on Tuesday. Jury dismissed until 10 a.m. Wednesday

Heeney tells the jury they will be off on Tuesday. Council will be having legal arguments. Back Wednesday at 10 am.

RaffertyLFP: Rafferty upset with email she sent. Last communication in April

She sent a joke to him (and other contacts) through e-mail. He sent her an angry email saying he didn't like getting those emails

They had a phone conversation on April 8th. No more questions.

RaffertyLFP: Rafferty upset with email she sent. Last communication in April.

~ Prolly didn't like his email addy on a string of mass emails sent. Goober

RaffertyLFP: During week of exams after April 8 received message Rafferty and thought something was wrong.

On May 25th, 2009 she told police during exam week she got an MSN message from him, thought something was wrong. She called him, no response

He said he missed her call as he was going through a rough time. No more questions.

RaffertyLFP: Witness dismissed. Court adjourning. Legal matters on Tuesday. Jury dismissed until 10 a.m. Wednesday

Heeney tells the jury they will be off on Tuesday. Council will be having legal arguments. Back Wednesday at 10 am.

I wonder what the text said?

Her testimony WAS evidence! The best one to date. Why didn't he bring this up when the other 10 testified?

Maybe Derstine waited until the Crown presented most of the witnesses and then objected, so the non relevant testimony of them all would get tossed out.

Just a guess.............

This was damning evidence that's why and the court room reacted with gasps when she gave testimony (according to a tweet). I guess the defense didn't like that.

This Judge needs a reality check. Telling the jury the other day during testimony that it was sleep inducing and now this??? WTF?

What she said is considered evidence (which is what the jury gasped at), the fact that he was dating upteen women at the same time has absolutely no relevance to the trial.

He didn't appear to have any guy friends. Well, not that we know of. Nor does it look like he participated in group outings.... ie: girl friends with other couples etc. He... was 'the man'. (NOT)

AM980.ca ‏ @AM980_Court Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
On cross examination, she says she was intimate with Rafferty before April 8th, 2009.

London Free Press ‏ @RaffertyLFP Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Jury might think he is a philandering cad, but that is not relevant, Heeney said.

Does anyone else think it is odd the jury can't consider his character even if they think he is a "philandering cad", but yet when Derstine cross examine's his question asks if the witness was intimate with the accused??!!!

To me it seems MR did things in his adult life for money or drugs. JMO

I think that what the judge is saying that just because he slept around with all these women you cant use that to convict him just based on that.

In my opinion this just helps what is already out there on him.

AM980.ca ‏ @AM980_Court Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
On cross examination, she says she was intimate with Rafferty before April 8th, 2009.

London Free Press ‏ @RaffertyLFP Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Jury might think he is a philandering cad, but that is not relevant, Heeney said.

Does anyone else think it is odd the jury can't consider his character even if they think he is a "philandering cad", but yet when Derstine cross examine's his question asks if the witness was intimate with the accused??!!!

~ I am dumbfounded netti_82. I agree that with character references it paints a picture of WHO this MR really is. A regular guy let's say doesn't have the time to pimp or think about under age children, kidnapping, oxi's and doing nothing with one's life. Hello!? I am disappointed with the judge at this time.... arrgh.

Not just hopping in bed or having girl friends galore. But the pimping aspect if that is true... blows my mind.

Yeah LOTS of legal issues, as in he was a pimp and he's not up for trial for THAT crime...does this defense lawyer have any morals????

10:37
Mike Knoll: @v - impossible to predict. the judge may tell the jurors the day before or he may just be spontaneously called or he may not be called at all. We can only report what the jury hears so the media may know in advance but would be unable to report it until the jury is made aware.

10:35
Comment From v
if Rafferty was to take stand, would we somehow get notice that he would?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste