Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Sailor Bug
Ok so lets make and add to the list of "jobs" Rafferty said he had or is believed to have had
Can't wait to hear what he actually did do as a living
-Contractor
-Landscaper
-worked a better beef in Guelph
-Dance Instuctor
-was said to be in college working towards a Veterinary Assistant
-Caretaker (for his Mother) & TLM's Mother
-Possible drug traffic

As MR stated in the LE interview, he also worked at Glen Abbey.

And I believe he was a chef, trained at George Brown.

Hey Dilbert .... did you see the reference to "Brandon" in this letter? Like what what scratched out on the cig pack piece at TLM's house .... hmmm... I recalll the EOA connection being discussed way back when .....interesting. Thanks!

:moo: But what does all this gang affiliated stuff and TLM have to do with MR's trial? She's serving her sentence right? Unless you are trying to establish whether MR was gang affiliated also, I don't understand the importance here. Can someone please explain? TIA

This is a bit odd. Doesn't the clothing rack in this photo have men's clothes on it?

I see a blue striped tie and what looks like a blue men's suit jacket!

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/raffertytrial/2012/04/04/19594746.html

I was looking to see if TLM's dressy coats were visible in the pics....

JOHNSON: um have you ever observed uh Terri-Lynne wearing any typeof uh certain jackets at all white jackets
RAFFERTY: ah I’ve seen her like she has a long dressy white one I think
JOHNSON: yeah
RAFFERTY: sometimes she has a long dressy black one
RAFFERTY: those are the only two (2) coats that I know like one (1) theysway in the wind as she walks like they’re I don’t know how to
explain it almost like a I won’t say a business but like if youknow a guy wears a suit and he has that long overcoat
JOHNSON: right
RAFFERTY: that’s almost the type of jacket that I’ve seen and recognize
JOHNSON: okay so there’s bin a white one like that and a black one likethat
RAFFERTY: and a black one yeah

A observations:
1. I find it quite interesting how neat and accurate TLM's spelling/writting is in her journals. When you compare it to the writting on her tagged account (deliberate mispellings) you would think they were two totally different people. Also my insight from her journals is that she is an intelligent person, however lacks impulse control MOO. I do not believe however she has enough insight to have meticulessly (sp) planned out this whole scenario herself and set up evidence to implicate MR as an acomlice.

2. There were many patches in the walls of her apartment, I wonder what caused so many holes? I am assuming that they were made out of anger because there is just too many of them to say that it was from moving furniture or something else accidental. MOO.

Search for Tori Stafford was statistically futile, jury hears

Hundreds of officers from numerous police departments joined the OPP-led effort; 5,858 different assignments were handed out, drawing on the 5,532 tips that poured in; nearly 14,000 individuals who might be of help were identified.

As Staff Sgt. Stirling described the huge search for Tori, he seemed to capture Mr. Rafferty's attention. He leaned forward in his prisoner's box to look at the many maps, photos and diagrams – a departure from his indifferent demeanour a day earlier when the jury was hearing about the horrific injuries Tori suffered.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...atistically-futile-jury-hears/article2391926/

Christie Blatchford: Massive police search for Tori Stafford shows simple power of a child

ERT members travelled by foot, by chopper and car and ATV, searching in no fewer than six Ontario counties, looking for evidence McClintic said she and Mr. Rafferty had tossed. As Sgt. Stirling said, the abduction study showed that in more than half the cases, the body was found within a mile of discarded evidence.

They were looking for Tori, of course, but also for clothes and shoes worn by McClintic and Mr. Rafferty, for the murder weapon (that hammer) and the garbage bags, for the Home Depot bag

By all-terrain vehicles, 12 officers from the ERT searched 70 different rock piles — and these were only the ones that at least superficially fit the criteria — and travelled up and down country roads and into farmers’ fields.

Many times, OPP cadaver dogs were along for the rock pile searches.

As Sgt. Stirling was testifying, on the monitors throughout the courtroom were shown the mapped GPS results of the ERT searches — blue lines for underwater and chopper searches; orange or red lines for the areas officers walked or covered by car and ATV; green squares for the rockpiles

Tori search largest ever

By RANDY RICHMOND, The London Free Press

OPP INVESTIGATIONS

2007 triple murderer Jesse Imeson: 699 police tasks, 571 names
2008 Bandidos massacre: 1,751 police tasks, 1,757 names
2009 Stafford search: 5,775 tasks, 13,899 names
(tasks are actions police take, names include witnesses, persons of interest and officers involved)

LONG ODDS

The odds of finding Tori Stafford alive by April 17, 2009: 2 %
The odds of finding a person within 51.5 kilometres of point last seen: 75%
How far from point last scene Tori Stafford found: 94 kilometres as crow flies, 130 kilometres by road

BY THE NUMBERS

• 830 tonnes of garbage at landfill searched
  • 51 kilometres of Hwy. 401 from Woodstock to Cambridge searched May 27 to June 3 for chunks of foam from backseat of Rafferty's car, and clothing
  • 955 kilometres travelled by search helicopter

11:23
spacer.gif
[Comment From guest guest : ]
We know media is being very cautious about revealing certain details that come up in court. When members of the public attend the trial, are there any guidelines given to them for what they can and can not mention to others about the trial? Or is every detail that the jury hears open for discussion on the internet, in public spaces, with friends and family, etc.?
fb_share2.png

Wednesday April 4, 2012 11:23 guest

11:23
spacer.gif
Mike Knoll:
@guest - rule of thumb: if the jury hears it, it can be discussed freely and openly.
fb_share2.png

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/...don/raffertytrial/2012/04/04/pf-19591776.html

11:27
spacer.gif
[Comment From Heather Heather : ]

If something is leaked and it is determined a mistrial does Rafferty get off? Why would they run this risk?

Wednesday April 4, 2012 11:27 Heather

11:27
spacer.gif
Mike Knoll:

@Heather - I assume he be re-tried with a new jury.

Wednesday April 4, 2012 11:27 Mike Knoll

Great observation - I haven't seen that photo yet, but I probably wouldn't have noticed the name on the iPod. I'm thinking maybe TLM stole the iPod from someone named Sherri if she wasn't borrowing it, or if someone with that name hadn't given it to her. :twocents:

You can name your playlist right? Maybe that is Sherri's playlist and TLM used Sherri's computer to download her music. Now who's Sherri? :waitasec: :moo:

11:34
spacer.gif
Just wondering if you know how many people are following the live feed?
fb_share2.png

Wednesday April 4, 2012 11:34 guest

11:35
spacer.gif
Mike Knoll:
@guest - right now there are 4,202 live readers.
fb_share2.png

Wednesday April 4, 2012 11:35 Mike Knoll

11:38
spacer.gif
[Comment From sarah sarah : ]
are all these archived somewhere??i missed a few days last week and wanted to go back and read them..
fb_share2.png

Wednesday April 4, 2012 11:38 sarah

11:38
spacer.gif
Mike Knoll:
@sarah - archived trial minutes here: http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/raffertytrial/2012/03/23/19539806.html
fb_share2.png

Wednesday April 4, 2012 11:38 Mike Knoll

This is a bit odd. Doesn't the clothing rack in this photo have men's clothes on it?

I see a blue striped tie and what looks like a blue men's suit jacket!

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/raffertytrial/2012/04/04/19594746.html

Possibly CM's suit jacket? Maybe she had to go for men's sizes to fit her big chest? Just guessing. Unless she's held onto her hubby's or boyfriends clothing forever? Didn't she have a boyfriend or male friend who was visiting one day? Ugh it's getting late, can't think anymore. :moo:

:50
spacer.gif
[Comment From SS SS : ]
Eerily enough, when you search 74 Wilson in Woodstock on Google Maps, there's a police cruiser in the driveway.
fb_share2.png

Wednesday April 4, 2012 3:50 SS

3:51
spacer.gif
Mike Knoll:
@SS - I've noticed this too. Tori's Frances St. address also has much media out front. I remember seeing the Google street view car there either the day of the arrests or the day after.
fb_share2.png

3:56
spacer.gif
would be interesting to see if this is a trend for Google Maps with other crime related addresses
fb_share2.png

Wednesday April 4, 2012 3:56 guest

3:56
spacer.gif
Mike Knoll:
@guest - great story idea.
fb_share2.png

Wednesday April 4, 2012 3:56 Mike Knoll

And she wasn't listening to the songs that the defence played in court because none of them are on her Ipod. And the defence would know that through discovery. Pretty petty and underhandedly suggestive cross if you ask me.

MOO

Yep, I agree, and the credibility for the Defense just dropped down a notch with that one, IMO.

Smoke and mirrors.

Wasn't CM a blond?

According to her pictures she looked blondish I guess. During the Crown's opening statement IIRC, it was stated that a WalMart receipt was found in MR's bedroom for hair dye. When investigators compared the hair dye found in TLM's bedroom, it matched the sku # on the receipt. The date will be of significance also. TLM stated MR wanted TLM to dye her hair after the CASS video came out, to disguise herself. MR was leery about going around to TLM's house, didn't want to raise red flags, so he left this box of dye by a telephone pole near TLM's house. Not sure if this is what you were asking but HTH.

I see paint cans on the kitchen floor, slide 58. JMO

ETA: maybe the police moved the cans from under the kitchen sink. I also see a rolled up carpet in that slide and the next one.

It looks like in many of the photos, especially the basement ones, CM had an obsession for throw rugs and mats. IMO

I answered my own question, they don't wear paper either, there are special Anti suicide smocks they put prisoners in, usually made of some type of nylon.

Jmo

lol, anti suicide smocks, great name. :floorlaugh: I bet they are like the papery cloth things you get in the hospital when you visit someone in isolation or to put on to protect your clothing, kwim. RW had to wear them too. :floorlaugh: :moo:

lol, anti suicide smocks, great name. :floorlaugh: I bet they are like the papery cloth things you get in the hospital when you visit someone in isolation or to put on to protect your clothing, kwim. RW had to wear them too. :floorlaugh: :moo:

Yeah because he tried to kill himself by swallowing a empty toilet paper roll, before his trial.

I was looking to see if TLM's dressy coats were visible in the pics....

JOHNSON: um have you ever observed uh Terri-Lynne wearing any typeof uh certain jackets at all white jackets
RAFFERTY: ah I’ve seen her like she has a long dressy white one I think
RAFFERTY: sometimes she has a long dressy black one
RAFFERTY: those are the only two (2) coats that I know like one (1) theysway in the wind as she walks like they’re I don’t know how to
explain it almost like a I won’t say a business but like if youknow a guy wears a suit and he has that long overcoat
JOHNSON: right
RAFFERTY: that’s almost the type of jacket that I’ve seen and recognize
JOHNSON: okay so there’s bin a white one like that and a black one likethat
RAFFERTY: and a black one yeah

:floorlaugh::woohoo: I lmao when I heard that part, literally.:floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors