TRIAL Week One - Ross Harris 3 October 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This officer says they asked the crowd, "Is this choking?" because they were trying to figure out why Cooper's jaw was locked shut, preventing them from opening his mouth to administer CPR breaths.

She doesn't (at that time) mention the obvious rigor as evidenced by Coopers legs and arms defying gravity? Interesting.

And thats my thing.

None of that proves intent nor accident.

Jmo.

So the state needs to prove intent.

New Witness

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 29s29 seconds ago
Witness 9, Officer Brett Gallimore, Works at precinct 3 of Cobb County Police Dept. He was on patrol in the area.

Toddlers are expensive. They don't ask, they require. I imagine he was "looking" for a second job. As in going through the motions of appeasing his wife. But that's JMO.

Also, where did that second job info come from? (Genuine question.) I don't remember hearing that. But I've forgotten so much since the beginning!!

Idk.

Toddlers are not that expensive at all. Jmo.

Because you have people supporting 10 kids while on welfare every single day.

Jmo.

Btw. They say that he applied at Chick-fil-A for a partime job.

But anyways.

I want to agree with you but I also know how easy it is to have a thought and intent to do something and forget 30 seconds later. Just like when walking into a room and forgetting why you went there. I am going to need more evidence that he willfully ignored Cooper.

And that brings up another point...I imagine that if JH slammed the door and just walked off and forgotten Cooper, Cooper would have been screaming at the top of his lungs. Surely JH would have heard that.

Philip A. HollowayVerified account ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 41s42 seconds ago Atlanta, GA
Officer shows #RossHarris #HotCarDeath jury fastest route to movie theater RH said he was going to-wasn't the way he went-I know area well.

Officer says Cooper had a gray shadow, bent legs and rigor. Says Cooper had been dead for a long time. :(

Ross Harris Trial ‏@RossHarrisTrial 3m3 minutes ago
Gallimore says #RossHarris was acting hysterical, wasn't genuine.

Officer never saw Ross cry once.

This officer (Galloway sp?) wrote in his report he was "acting hysterical" meaning it was an act.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Idk.

Jmo.

But anyways.

Respectfully disagree about the expense of toddlers

Defense attorney just made a good point that I thinks gives a preview of the defense mindset and theory. The cops arrested Ross within 5 minutes of him discovering his clearly dead son. He was arrested because the cops didn't like his attitude and got butt hurt that he did not immediately obey them even though he was not under arrest and was not at that time suspected of committing a crime.

And I tend to agree this is what happened. Cops were arrogant and didn't like this civilian who didn't immediately prostrate himself before them, despite the fact that he just realized his son was dead and he was responsible. They decided they were going to pin thus on him to put him in his place. Maybe they really believed it because they decided right away they didn't like him. (Cops do tend to think every non-cop is a criminal and that everyone is lying. I know because my husband was a cop for 20 + years before he became a lawyer). But they had to really stretch the limits of credulity to come up with enough evidence to make it past a probable cause hearing. And their lead investigate still had to lie about the evidence (or lack) to persuade the court.

I really think the State has nothing. And that's why they are now so desperate to bring evidence of sexting so they can bias the jury enough against him that they'll convict him for being a dirtbag who cheated on his wife and acted like a cad.

Respectfully disagree about the expense of toddlers

I'm honestly amazed that people can afford to have 3+ kids, and not be rich! We just have one toddler, and shoes alone cost an arm and a leg every couple of months. Perhaps if RH wasn't paying for sex he wouldn't have needed to look for a second job.

Obviously his moral obligation to remember his son didn't end at a stop sign. It's a question of law whether or not forgetting Cooper at the intersection amounts to a legally defined standard of criminal negligence (not referring to charges involving intent).

Assuming that he was able to forget his son 60 to 120 seconds after he ate breakfast with him, strapped him into his car seat (with an alleged too small strap), and kissed him in case one of them should die.

I find it hard to believe the state could have "nothing" and a judge would keep him in jail for two years with no bail.

Forgot to quote- but respectfully disagree with previous post. I get there is a possibility of inconsistencies or exaggerations by a certain detective. Obviously they will be proven here at trial if that's the case.

Ooh a lot of f bombs being dropped in court! [emoji15]

Idk.

Jmo.

But anyways.

I suppose it's relative. As a parent I find children to be very expensive. Regarding chickfila, I thought he unsuccessfully applied there, because he didn't get the promotion at Home Depot...not a side job. I'd have to go back and find that info

My son was 19; Harris was 25? But yes, obviously different situations. My point is his lashing out for that one brief moment is within the realm of the types of shock reactions that normal people do exhibit, and even if it's "odd" it certainly does not indicate that he planned to murder his child in this manner.

He was cooperative with police, except for those 10 seconds when he yelled "shut the **** up"

Wasn't Harris 34 years old when this happened? I thought he was born in 1980.

No one is suggesting Harris was "framed." (And, he always said he was responsible--how could be framed ?)

What's clear, though, is that LE made assumptions from the git-go based entirely on Harris's behavior, and misrepresented in a court of law both that behavior and actual evidence.

Because he wasn't acting appropriate, he was defensive and odd.

Assuming that he was able to forget his son 60 to 120 seconds after he ate breakfast with him, strapped him into his car seat (with an alleged too small strap), and kissed him in case one of them should die.

That seemed to be a strange comment to me. Kissing him in case one of them died ......

I find it hard to believe the state could have "nothing" and a judge would keep him in jail for two years with no bail.

Forgot to quote- but respectfully disagree with previous post. I get there is a possibility of inconsistencies or exaggerations by a certain detective. Obviously they will be proven here at trial if that's the case.

Yes, if RH was kept in jail for all this time on smoke and mirror evidence, that would be really terrible. As much as I think he is a gross person, if the proof isn't there, it's an over reach of powers that should never happen. I'm really hoping the state is going to really hit us with some hard to dispute evidence.

Defense attorney just made a good point that I thinks gives a preview of the defense mindset and theory. The cops arrested Ross within 5 minutes of him discovering his clearly dead son. He was arrested because the cops didn't like his attitude and got butt hurt that he did not immediately obey them even though he was not under arrest and was not at that time suspected of committing a crime.

And I tend to agree this is what happened. Cops were arrogant and didn't like this civilian who didn't immediately prostrate himself before them, despite the fact that he just realized his son was dead and he was responsible. They decided they were going to pin thus on him to put him in his place. Maybe they really believed it because they decided right away they didn't like him. (Cops do tend to think every non-cop is a criminal and that everyone is lying. I know because my husband was a cop for 20 + years before he became a lawyer). But they had to really stretch the limits of credulity to come up with enough evidence to make it past a probable cause hearing. And their lead investigate still had to lie about the evidence (or lack) to persuade the court.

I really think the State has nothing. And that's why they are now so desperate to bring evidence of sexting so they can bias the jury enough against him that they'll convict him for being a dirtbag who cheated on his wife and acted like a cad.

I guess if they all lied, there should be arrests at the end of this trial for perjury.

Keeping in mind, not every investigator involved here actually met Ross at the scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshuasaunt