TRIAL Week One - Ross Harris 3 October 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It took one minute to go from the Chikfilla to the main exit, where he had to decide which way to turn. He turned towards his office, as opposed to the Daycare. So it took less than a minute for him to 'forget' about his baby.

Thanks. Again, wasn't sure if that one minute was uncontested, as other of statements made by Stoddard during the probable cause hearing definitely are being disputed by the defense.

If he is guilty of neglect, than he should be guilty of felony murder.

IMO, I think that will be the verdict here. I think proving intent will be enormously difficult, and more difficult for a jury to agree on.

I think Georgia law specifically excludes child neglect and unintentional crimes against children as being the predicate underlying crime to establish felony murder. I'll look it up but I remember discussing this early on. But sure, whatever crime they can prove beyond a reasonable doubt should result in conviction. It's my understanding that the main charge is malice murder - not felony murder.

Defense asking for a mistrial. Good luck :facepalm:

These children and situations you speak of have nothing to do with Cooper, Ross and their situation. The point is what it actually cost Ross to provide for Cooper, and how that may have gone to motive of being child free.

Agree.

I'm just saying that it doesn't take 2k a month to raise 1 toddler unless they are sick and always in the hospital or something.

But I understand.

Sometimes people want to keep up with the joneses.

Thanks. Again, wasn't sure if that one minute was uncontested, as other of statements made by Stoddard during the probable cause hearing definitely are being disputed by the defense.

OK, but let's say it is not contested. Let's say he buckled him in, and drove less than a minute, and then forgot him and drove the wrong way. Does that change your opinion in any way?

Then I suppose that detective will be arrested for perjury? I'm aware of accusations. I'm not aware that we know he actually lied and is not being charged with perjury- I'm going to assume that if its fact he lied then he would be charged. Genuinely saying this no snark intended.

IMO it's a big stretch that everyone from police to bystanders to judges all were untruthful or not fair- so much so that he has been sitting in jail with no bail for two years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think all the police are lying and all judges are unfair. And I think the bystanders have testified truthfully, but some of their memories have apparently been shaped by subsequent events. Understandable considering the media saturation at the time.

I think the cop who wrote the pc affidavit and testified at the pc hearing was lying and knowingly misrepresenting evidence. If so, it will come out in this trial. The judge's finding of probable cause was based on what was presented to her; there was no way for the defense to adequately challenge Stoddard at that time, so I don't find fault with the judge.

PO accused of lying on the witness stand. Defense is requesting a mistrial!!!

I think Georgia law specifically excludes child neglect and unintentional crimes against children as being the predicate underlying crime to establish felony murder. I'll look it up but I remember discussing this early on. But sure, whatever crime they can prove beyond a reasonable doubt should result in conviction. It's my understanding that the main charge is malice murder - not felony murder.

Felony murder can be predicated on child neglect. The felony has to be dangerous to someone's life.

The fact is, he charged with multiple crimes. A "main charge" does not exclude him from the others.

Veronica Waters ‏@MissVWaters 2m2 minutes ago
#RossHarris Kilgore says cop's testimony is vastly different from his police report, which they should've been allowed to use to impeach him

I don't think all the police are lying and all judges are unfair. And I think the bystanders have testified truthfully, but some of their memories have apparently been shaped by subsequent events. Understandable considering the media saturation at the time.

I think the cop who wrote the pc affidavit and testified at the pc hearing was lying and knowingly misrepresenting evidence. If so, it will come out in this trial. The judge's finding of probable cause was based on what was presented to her; there was no way for the defense to adequately challenge Stoddard at that time, so I don't find fault with the judge.

I guess I misunderstood- I didn't realize it was your opinion. I read it as you stating as fact that the detective lied at the probable cause hearing. That is what I was responding to. In this post you state it as your opinion...maybe the other too, but I didn't read it as such and I'm too lazy to go back LOL. No worries...I think we can both agree that if anyone was lying about the facts the defense will dispute it. We all want a fair trial!

Whoa this case is pretty interesting lol rather the witnesses testimony are. JMHO

OK, but let's say it is not contested. Let's say he buckled him in, and drove less than a minute, and then forgot him and drove the wrong way. Does that change your opinion in any way?

Ive been thinking about the one minute only in terms of whether or not Cooper could have fallen asleep, and attaching that possiblity to whether or not his head could have been drooped down by the time Ross parked at work.

As far as the one minute being the actual length of time , or could it have been 2. Or 3? Wouldn't make any difference IMO as to whether or not Harris could have forgotten Cooper, as even 3 minutes is a very short time.

Agree.

I'm just saying that it doesn't take 2k a month to raise 1 toddler unless they are sick and always in the hospital or something.

But I understand.

Sometimes people want to keep up with the joneses.

I never said it costs people $2000 to 'raise one toddler'.

I said many would find the price the Harrises actually paid for daycare for Cooper (@$800), and diapers, together, to be expensive.

Carry on! :)

#RossHarris Kilgore says cop's testimony is vastly different from his police report, which they should've been allowed to use to impeach him

One more substantial issue for appeals.

Didn't seem vastly different to me from what he read out of the report. He explained clearly to me what he mean by "acting".

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members