TRIAL Week One - Ross Harris 3 October 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay.

He took his toddler for breakfast at Chick-fil-A at 8am.

Hmmmmmm.

Can someone please tell me what type of breakfast does Chick-fil-A sells toddlers?

Did his son eat burrito pancakes or what.

Imo.

Would you take a toddler to eat at a place like Chick-fil-A.

Especially when your kid is 2 years old.

So I think Ross is guilty. Jmo

Didn't seem vastly different to me from what he read out of the report. He explained clearly to me what he mean by "acting".

JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought so, too.

I never said it costs people $2000 to 'raise one toddler'.

I said many would find the price the Harrises actually paid for daycare for Cooper (@$800), and diapers, together, to be expensive.

Carry on! :)

Hugs my friend.

I know.

I was just conversating with you.

Much love

Okay.

Hmmmmmm.

Can someone please tell me what type of breakfast does Chick-fil-A sells toddlers?

Imo.

I don't care for chick Fil a breakfast, but it's popular and not unusual IMO. I took my children there quite often for lunch to play at the play place- so yes I would take a toddler there, but we just don't like their breakfast LOL

Edited to say- I'm not from the south and it's weird to me to eat chicken for breakfast. Maybe they have other things, but I remember seeing chicken biscuits on the breakfast menu. Anyway we often met up with friends for lunch there...so we obviously like their food LOL- nobody stone me I know how people love their chick-Fil-a. My daughter would have that every night for dinner if I allowed it- I just like variety LOL

Okay.

Hmmmmmm.

Imo.

Just wondering...are you being sarcastic?

I heard something new in female officer #2 's testimony, which is that Ross tried to return to Cooper and she "shooed him away."

I keep listening for what any of these officers found "odd" initially. Harris tried to do CPR- or something, others took over from him, immediately, Harris was distraught, blaming himself, screaming, pacing, tried to return to Cooper.

What the heck was "odd" about any of that?
This is just totally me as a mom, but I would have been 1000% laser focused on my baby. I would have screamed help, but not "what have I done". I would have never put him on hot asphalt, but at least on the cooler sidewalk steps away. I would never walk away. I would have been right next to my baby, holding his hand. I would only be on the phone to call 911. I would still hope he could be resuscitated, even in the face of overwhelming evidence of death. I personally can't fathom his actions at the scene as they've been described. MOO!

Defense attorney just made a good point that I thinks gives a preview of the defense mindset and theory. The cops arrested Ross within 5 minutes of him discovering his clearly dead son. He was arrested because the cops didn't like his attitude and got butt hurt that he did not immediately obey them even though he was not under arrest and was not at that time suspected of committing a crime.

And I tend to agree this is what happened. Cops were arrogant and didn't like this civilian who didn't immediately prostrate himself before them, despite the fact that he just realized his son was dead and he was responsible. They decided they were going to pin thus on him to put him in his place. Maybe they really believed it because they decided right away they didn't like him. (Cops do tend to think every non-cop is a criminal and that everyone is lying. I know because my husband was a cop for 20 + years before he became a lawyer). But they had to really stretch the limits of credulity to come up with enough evidence to make it past a probable cause hearing. And their lead investigate still had to lie about the evidence (or lack) to persuade the court.

I really think the State has nothing. And that's why they are now so desperate to bring evidence of sexting so they can bias the jury enough against him that they'll convict him for being a dirtbag who cheated on his wife and acted like a cad.

Well it appears that this Officer Brett Gillimore has testified to something different than his one and only report. Also Officer Foglia testified that Gillimore commanded for everyone to step back. On Cross she acknowledge that RH did comply with that order. Looks like now the Judge has given the time between now and Monday to go over a new law that the Def can enter into evidence Police Reports. Monday should be very interesting. JMHO

Okay.

Hmmmmmm.

Imo.

Slightly off topic. I have met SO many parents who take their children there, because it's "healthy" fast food. It boggles my mind. No, it's fried chicken...processed fast food! (Not that I care that they take children there, I just think that opinion is funny.) So, yeah. Many, many people take very young children there.

A typical breakfast there is a fried chicken biscuit, hasbrowns, and juice. Lots of carbs and sugar to get the kids going, LOL! (They also have oatmeal, sausage biscuits and the like. The fried chicken is the most popular.)

(Just in case you weren't being sarcastic.)

I don't care for chick Fil a breakfast, but it's popular and not unusual IMO. I took my children there quite often for lunch to play at the play place- so yes I would take a toddler there, but we just don't like their breakfast LOL

Edited to say- I'm not from the south and it's weird to me to eat chicken for breakfast. Maybe they have other things, but I remember seeing chicken biscuits on the breakfast menu. Anyway we often met up with friends for lunch there...so we obviously like their food LOL- nobody stone me I know how people love their chick-Fil-a

Agree .

Why did he take his baby to eat at Chick-fil-A before school.

Especially since his baby was still very young and can only eat small portions of eggs or drink from breast. .

So imo. Ross has some explaining to do

I find it hard to believe the state could have "nothing" and a judge would keep him in jail for two years with no bail.

Forgot to quote- but respectfully disagree with previous post. I get there is a possibility of inconsistencies or exaggerations by a certain detective. Obviously they will be proven here at trial if that's the case.

We haven't gotten to THAT Detective yet in front of jury, but the Officer just up Brett Gillimore (tall drink of water large man!) he just had very questionable testimony.

This is such a sad case. I can't fathom how he could have forgotten Cooper given the short distance between chik-fil-a & work. That beautiful little boy deserved so much better. I believe RH has been incarcerated without bail because of the evidence in the case; not that he was railroaded.

Agree .

Especially since his baby was still very young and can only eat small portions of eggs or drink from breast. .

Most children here have been done breastfeeding (assuming she did) long before two. It's not unusual for a two year old to be eating complete meals. Actually, in our society...especially here down south...it would be unusual for a 2 year old or younger to not be eating complete meals. (IMO.)

My book club used to meet there and the place was full of toddlers eating breakfast. While I think Ross is guilty of at least felony murder, a toddler eating there is not strange.

We haven't gotten to THAT Detective yet in front of jury, but the Officer just up Brett Gillimore (tall drink of water large man!) he just had very questionable testimony.

I think that remains to be seen...from what the defense read aloud it wasn't questionable to me. But yea if he is being less than truthful then by all means we should know about it. I didn't feel that way at all from what the defense said so far.

Agree .

Drink from the breast at 2 yr old? Now I see how you saved so much money raising your children.

Agree .

It has already been stated in testimony that Cooper was fed breakfast before leaving home. Maybe Ross just needed to eat.

Testimony w/Piper

11:34 a.m. ADA Chuck Boring asks Piper about conversation between EMT and Harris in the back of the patrol car. Defense objects, but judge allows conversation to continue. Piper says Harris told EMT he fed Cooper breakfast at home.

Defense attorney just made a good point that I thinks gives a preview of the defense mindset and theory. The cops arrested Ross within 5 minutes of him discovering his clearly dead son. He was arrested because the cops didn't like his attitude and got butt hurt that he did not immediately obey them even though he was not under arrest and was not at that time suspected of committing a crime.

And I tend to agree this is what happened. Cops were arrogant and didn't like this civilian who didn't immediately prostrate himself before them, despite the fact that he just realized his son was dead and he was responsible. They decided they were going to pin thus on him to put him in his place. Maybe they really believed it because they decided right away they didn't like him. (Cops do tend to think every non-cop is a criminal and that everyone is lying. I know because my husband was a cop for 20 + years before he became a lawyer). But they had to really stretch the limits of credulity to come up with enough evidence to make it past a probable cause hearing. And their lead investigate still had to lie about the evidence (or lack) to persuade the court.

I really think the State has nothing. And that's why they are now so desperate to bring evidence of sexting so they can bias the jury enough against him that they'll convict him for being a dirtbag who cheated on his wife and acted like a cad.

I find the number of civilians and law enforcement that have testified to the exact same thing in regards to Harris faking his emotions strange. After so many, something started to seem a little off about it. I'm not suggesting all are lying. I think it's possible this got started by one member of LE. IMO

Drink from the breast at 2 yr old? Now I see how you saved so much money raising your children.

I have a virus and really not feeling well but this just cracked me up. :giggle:

Okay so little Cooper didn't eat at chick-fil-a, but RH felt it necessary to go in to get his food? That alone makes no sense to me. You are a grown man, running late for work, so you think it's a good idea to go in to get food? Why not the drive thru? Why not grab a banana on the way out the door? Or slam a coffee and a piece of toast? Or just skip breakfast and wait till lunch?

I know right. He handled it well when he said "thats why I wrote acting" LOL

The Defense used his own report to impeach his testimony. The State objected to report being entered because it stated something completely diff. There is a new law and they are most likely going to be putting that report into evidence and the Witness brought back in on Monday. JMHO

He perjured himself. The State objected to report being entered because it stated something completely diff. There is a new law and they are most likely going to be putting that report into evidence and the Witness brought back in on Monday. JMHO

I don't think he did at all (from what the defense was reading from the report). Guess we will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member