TRIAL Week One - Ross Harris 3 October 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the movies was just 10 minutes away from JH work. Why would he message his friends that he would be late to the 5:00 movie when he left at 4:15, just talked to his wife at 4:00. Did he think he'll discover Cooper and then he will bravely go to the movies... Or was timing the realization of finding Cooper with the time Leanna would be headed to Cooper.

Did we every see the video of JH opening the car door during lunch? I know the JH lawyer said in opening statement that JH did not look in, but after watching some of the trial, I realize that lawyer is pretty good at his words. The video will be very convincing. I swear I have seen it.

I've just gone back and edited my post to add that the internal message about RH being late to the cinema was at 3:45 pm. How did he know he would be late? And where did he go when he left work at 4:16......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if the point of backing in was so that Cooper would be less visible to passerbys.

BINGO! And from what I remember, there was someone walking towards the parking lot as he was exiting the lot to go into the building at work and he was seen turning around, assuming to make sure that person didn't see Cooper (most likely) screaming from his car.

If he said he saw him when he turned to his right to change lanes, then there is no way he didn't see him when he was backing into the parking spot. Once he died, you would assume his head would drop in the same manner it would if he somehow fell asleep in the short ride from the restaurant to work. If he could see him while checking lanes with his head presumably dropped, you would see him backing in.

If there is video of him going to his car at lunch, is there also video of him backing into work? If not, why not?

When he backed in, was he up against a wall? I wonder if the point of backing in was so that Cooper would be less visible to passerbys.

Also the rear windows were tinted. I wonder when that was done or if it was already done when they purchased the car.

If he said he saw him when he turned to his right to change lanes, then there is no way he didn't see him when he was backing into the parking spot. Once he died, you would assume his head would drop in the same manner it would if he somehow fell asleep in the short ride from the restaurant to work. If he could see him while checking lanes with his head presumably dropped, you would see him backing in.

If there is video of him going to his car at lunch, is there also video of him backing into work? If not, why not?

When he backed in, was he up against a wall? I wonder if the point of backing in was so that Cooper would be less visible to passerbys.

Kilgore stated the back window was totally visible. IMO

One more comment from the probably cause hearing.

Baby Cooper was estimated to have died before noon.

Could he have been saved if RH had remembered he had left him in the car that morning. I think it's a possibility. Was he still alive when RH went out for lunch? That's an awful thought.

BINGO! And from what I remember, there was someone walking towards the parking lot as he was exiting the lot to go into the building at work and he was seen turning around, assuming to make sure that person didn't see Cooper (most likely) screaming from his car.

I believe you might be thinking about RH going back into the building after putting the light bulbs in his car after lunch. Kilgore and the AJC Podcast (Bill Rankin)said the security video showed he paid no attention at all to the passerby in the parking lot. IMO

Edited to add: Why is it likely Cooper was screaming ????

Kilgore stated the back window was totally visible. IMO

Kilgore also pointed out that the spot Harris chose was well travelled,that it was actually used by employees for walk abouts, and that if Harris's intent was to conceal his car, there was a section of the parking lot not much further away in which he could have done just that.

Stoddard said that, but what Stoddard said apparently doesn't match what was on surveillance tape, which shows Harris not looking around, and not being in the least interested in anything but his phone.

I've just realised that police arrived at the scene at 4:23 so RH left work and realised Cooper was dead then.

So I'm watching the probably cause hearing. The investigating detective is testifying. I can't remember his name.

While Leanna and RH were in room together Leanna received a phone call from her mother. The mother was screaming/upset down the phone and asked Leanna why she wasn't upset. L responded that she must be in shock.

Leanna showed no emotion while she was interviewed.

Snipped and BBM

There is no doubt that Ross and Leanna did not react normally to the death of their child. I find their behavior very questionable but also know not everyone reacts the same way when faced with a tragic situation or death. One of my siblings told me years after our mother's death that she never cried about losing our mother. I found that to be very strange but this sibling has never been very emotional and she tends to keep emotions in check at all times. This situation made me realize that not everyone reacts the same when dealing with death.

Stoddard said that, but what Stoddard said apparently doesn't match what was on surveillance tape, which shows Harris not looking around, and not being in the least interested in anything but his phone.

I can hardly wait for the Kilgore/Stoddard moment in the court-room. I think it's going to be an eye-opener. IMO

Snipped and BBM

There is no doubt that Ross and Leanna did not react normally to the death of their child. I find their behavior very questionable but also know not everyone reacts the same way when faced with a tragic situation or death. One of my siblings told me years after our mother's death that she never cried about losing our mother. I found that to be very strange but this sibling has never been very emotional and she tends to keep emotions in check at all times. This situation made me realize that not everyone reacts the same when dealing with death.

I can understand that, but this was a pretty horrible death. Just the thought of him suffering would have made anyone cry, especially the parents. NO? I guess not.

I know if it were me, I wouldn't be asking my husband if he looked bad (or whatever she asked him) or if he said too much to the police.

Interesting fact concerning hot car deaths:

http://noheatstroke.org/

Bold and underline mine.

I never thought that INTENTIONAL hot car deaths were that high. Like most people I assumed most were accidents. However almost 1 in 5 hot car deaths are the result of a parent or caregiver deliberately leaving their kid in the car.

Think about that for a moment. ONE in FIVE hot car deaths, the parent in question DELIBERATELY left their kid to die a most horrible death by LITERALLY BAKING TO DEATH.

Un-freakin believable. :badmood:

I doubt they were deliberately left to die in the cars, I think it was more like the cop who put her child in the car for a quickie with her boss but then fell asleep. They didn't forget the child was in the car and leave it. I think many of these types are drug and alcohol related.

I can hardly wait for the Kilgore/Stoddard moment in the court-room. I think it's going to be an eye-opener. IMO

It will be a very interesting day.

Maybe I have watched too many crime shows but I find many police officers and detectives see what they want to see. They want to make up evidence to fit the person they suspect of the crime.

I am keeping an open mind that Ross is innocent of premeditated murder until proven guilty. Once all the evidence is shown that will determine my decision. I do believe he was a negligent in Cooper's death.

What is "said too much" to the police supposed to mean? Does she mean why was he arrested? What did you do or say to be detained by police? Is this what she means because it comes off as very suspicious IMO.

Also, am I remembering it wrong or didn't one of his younger sexting friends say that she wasn't into kids?

I have seen that video as well, and to be perfectly honest, Ross's actions looked normal to me. IMO he was not trying to avoid anyone or anything.

One more comment from the probably cause hearing.

Baby Cooper was estimated to have died before noon.

Could he have been saved if RH had remembered he had left him in the car that morning. I think it's a possibility. Was he still alive when RH went out for lunch? That's an awful thought.

So sad. If I recall correctly, Ross returned from lunch at 12:30.

I believe you might be thinking about RH going back into the building after putting the light bulbs in his car after lunch. Kilgore and the AJC Podcast (Bill Rankin)said the security video showed he paid no attention at all to the passerby in the parking lot. IMO

Edited to add: Why is it likely Cooper was screaming ????

I agree with Kilgore's assessment.

Kilgore also pointed out that the spot Harris chose was well travelled,that it was actually used by employees for walk abouts, and that if Harris's intent was to conceal his car, there was a section of the parking lot not much further away in which he could have done just that.

Yes. Kilgore mentioned that there were several available parking spots that backed up to the treeline.

Something weird that I noticed is that the judge seems to be eating during the trial. Also during the most intense part of the cross exam of the big cop she picked her ear and then put her finger in her mouth. She did it twice in fact. I wonder if she was trying to get the jury to look at her and not listen to the testimony or she just has some weird habits. I mean she's in a room full of people, come on.

I have noticed the same oddities with the judge, but I didn't want to say anything. But, yes she has done several weird things like that. I caught her picking her teeth yesterday and she has kind of a weird way of talking.

What is "said too much" to the police supposed to mean? Does she mean why was he arrested? What did you do or say to be detained by police? Is this what she means because it comes off as very suspicious IMO.

This has been puzzling to me as well - I have wondered if Ross was known to blather on at people, talk too much about things people aren't interested in or just generally annoy people by talking too much.

The AJC Podcast also validates Kilgore's account of the BBM.

I was just watching part of the probable cause hearing, and even Stoddard said that only Ross' hand went in the car, and his head stayed above the frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme