TRIAL Week One - Ross Harris 3 October 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something weird that I noticed is that the judge seems to be eating during the trial. Also during the most intense part of the cross exam of the big cop she picked her ear and then put her finger in her mouth. She did it twice in fact. I wonder if she was trying to get the jury to look at her and not listen to the testimony or she just has some weird habits. I mean she's in a room full of people, come on.

Listening to the Probable Cause Hearing. Stoddard says that ANTHONY is the witness that started doing CPR. That not the testimony in court so far. Witness 2 James Hawkins is who did CPR 12:40 mark.

Phone Records 3 calls, 1) Leanna- missed call, 2) Main number at Home Depot 3) Home Depot - to Little Aprons Daycare 6 min ( shows he on there for 6 min, if a transfer could have been on hold all that time/also this time that would be speaking with Piper/Gillimore and so forth JMHO at this time

Haven't been able to watch, so following along here. This is only Wednesday, why are they talking about discussing the new law on Monday? Is court adjourned until Monday for the research? TIA?

RBBM
I can only speak about how it is for my grandbabies daycare. My youngest 2are 16 mo apart. They leave their change of clothing at daycare and bring home any soiled and then we take back fresh if needed at that age. I know of some day cares (larger) that provide the diapers, sippy cups and so forth. Without knowing things about the daycare it hard to say. JMHO

My kids were never in daycare, only preschool. Each of my kids had a a school tote that they brought with them every day, but I can see why daycare would be different. This is a topic that I will follow as the trial progresses.

GA Peach I found the Probable Cause Hearing Videos July 3 2014 first and then can see others there : [video=youtube;I9u--A2TwZg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9u--A2TwZg[/video]

There goes another few hours of my life.... I cannot even get caught up on today's proceedings!

So, according to channel 11 news on May 2, 2016...Ross attorney said, he did not search for a hot car death.

According to Daily Mail, on June 25/26, 2016, on Ross Home Depot office computer, a search was done on how long it would take an animal to die in a hot car.

Teo different things....searching for a hot car death vs an animal death in a hot car....the defense does not want the jury to figure out the size and weight of both could have the same result in a hot car.

IMO...could Ross been using the size of an animal compared to his son as a way to get his answers. The GJ saw something that helped them in their decision to charge Ross.

Have to wait and see what is released to jury and hw it is presented.
I don't remember... did they even have any pets?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

My kids were never in day care, only preschool. Each of my kids had a a school tote that they brought with them every day, but I can see why day care would be different. This is a topic that I follow as the trial progresses.

There goes another few hours of my life.... I cannot even get caught up on today's proceedings!
LOL be careful what you ask for ;) :silly: You wanted to see the Prob Cause Hearing lol
OMG I gonna just have to take notes, but Stoddard says that RH told wife that mouth closed and eyes closed. Stoddard said mouth not closed nor eyes. But Officer Foglia stated mouth shut, she couldn't get mouth open to give breaths. Then an 1hr 20 min later Stoddard testified that HIS immediate Supervisor stuck head in car and was fowl odor in car. ** after car has sat there with 1 door open** Later that night Stoddard executed a search warrant on car and car smelled fowl like Decomp.

Now no one at the scene has testified of an odor , except Mr. Hawkins that did CPR said maybe like a dirty diaper. :thinking:

LOL be careful what you ask for ;) :silly: You wanted to see the Prob Cause Hearing lol
OMG I gonna just have to take notes, but Stoddard says that RH told wife that mouth closed and eyes closed. Stoddard said mouth not closed nor eyes. But Officer Foglia stated mouth shut, she couldn't get mouth open to give breaths. Then an 1hr 20 min later Stoddard testified that HIS immediate Supervisor stuck head in car and was fowl odor in car. ** after car has sat there with 1 door open** Later that night Stoddard executed a search warrant on car and car smelled fowl like Decomp.

Now no one at the scene has testified of an odor , except Mr. Hawkins that did CPR said maybe like a dirty diaper. :thinking:

The car seat was still in the car wasn't it? I imagine even with the door open, the smell would not be totally dissipated. The body does release gases when one dies. It's not unusual for the bowels and bladder to empty but I think someone said the autopsy did not reveal a dirty diaper. There was testimony that he appeared wet. It doesn't make sense that a baby could die in a hot car, sit in the car for hours, and there be no smell. Just because every single person didn't notice it does not prove it didn't exist.

The smell could be smothered by the body and seat until moved or lifted up and exposed. It wouldn't take much for a smell to be exposed. jmo

Idk.

But in all honesty. He was looking for a 2nd job to support the family.

So why kill the baby toddler that is not asking him for money?

Because when your child dies in a terrible "accident", people feel sympathy and set up go-fund-me accounts.

I was really surprised when Leanna filed for divorce, but felt glad that she had apparently come to the realization that JRH isn't a good husband or a good man. But it's now occurred to me that maybe she divorced him so she could receive the payout on Cooper's life insurance. Anyone know if that's a possibility? Would they pay out to her as long as she was divorced from him and she wasn't implicated in any crime regarding Cooper's death?

The one thing that is striking about yesterday's testimony is that pretty much everyone is saying the same thing (paraphrased) - that everyone grieves differently, but that JH fell squarely outside of that range and that his behavior was not genuine.

Just because "everyone grieves differently" does not mean that there's not an actual range that most people fall into, or that behavior that is obviously forced and fabricated at the scene must be overlooked.

The way Kilgore is telling it, he would assume even the most unrepentant murderer without a care in the world is somehow "grieving in their own way." :notgood:

attachment.php

This picture may help put these locations into perspective. It is a screenshot from Google Maps. For reference, "the little man" is standing in the intersection. The CFA where Cooper ate breakfast is circled on the left. Little Aprons, Cooper's daycare, is located next to the three buildings circled on the right. The daycare is attached to the far left building of The Home Depot's HQ, the three large buildings on the right.

Thank you for posting this! It only reaffirms just how implausible it is that Cooper fell asleep in the short drive there.

JRH was looking for a 2nd job and JRH had large credit card debt then WHY was he going to a movie after work and spending money he did not have? Not responsible in my eye...what is more important, going out with friends after work....movie ticket cost, snacks and then maybe dinner or drinks with friends, that adds up....OR cutting expenses and getting bills under control. Guess we know he what his choice was for that evening.

Wonder why Fast food resturant would not hire him.....just thinking.

JRH was looking for a 2nd job and JRH had large credit card debt then WHY was he going to a movie after work and spending money he did not have? Not responsible in my eye...what is more important, going out with friends after work....movie ticket cost, snacks and then maybe dinner or drinks with friends, that adds up....OR cutting expenses and getting bills under control. Guess we know he what his choice was for that evening.

Wonder why Fast food resturant would not hire him.....just thinking.

Food service jobs can be the best second jobs, depending on where you work and how lenient they are about giving you free food and sometimes free dinners for the entire family after work. I worked as a dishwasher and the waitress always insisted I take home the leftovers from the buffet and my family and I would eat for free for at least three days after the weekend buffet. Even though this was almost fifteen years ago, I sometimes still miss that job because yes it's kind of crap work but the people were nice and free food was awesome.

Apparently JH was also planning a cruise. It's hard to tell what's going on in his mind. Were they making ends meet but anticipating looking for another job after the cruise? JH was an IT professional and his wife was a dietician. These aren't poor (as some define it) or stupid people by any stretch of the imagination. Perhaps they were broke to maintain their lifestyle but that is not the same as being poor and working full time dead end jobs or living in substandard housing.

Carrying over from another thread regarding the 6 minute phone call made before police arrived:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...led-to-talk-to-anyone&p=10717540#post10717540

Thanks to princesspjs for posting a transcript of the CNN footage of a transcript of bond hearing court proceedings identifying to whom the call was placed:

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: Have you reviewed preliminarily his phone logs.

STODDARD: I have.

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: What did those reflect?

STODDARD: They reflected the phone calls.

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: What was the first?

STODDARD: The first phone call was to Leanna. It looked like it was a missed phone call. The second phone call was to the Home Depot corporate center, their main number. And there was a third phone number to the Home Depot corporate center and it appeared that this phone number went through and on his records it said six minutes worth of conversation.

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: Were you able to track back to where that would have gone to, this call to the Home Depot center?

STODDARD: We did.

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: And where would that be?

STODDARD: Toddler room five at little apron's academy where Cooper attended school.

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: So you have phone records suggesting he was on the phone for five or six minutes, the officers stating he was talking to somebody on the phone.

STODDARD: Correct.

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: Did you confront him with this when he said he was not talking to anybody?

STODDARD: I did.

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: What did he say?

STODDARD: He said he wasn't talking to anybody on the phone.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1407/03/wolf.02.html

Interesting fact concerning hot car deaths:

http://noheatstroke.org/

An examination of media reports about the 661 child vehicular heatstroke deaths for a 19-year period (1998 through Sep 2016) shows the following circumstances:

• 54% - child "forgotten" by caregiver (374 Children)
      • 28% - child playing in unattended vehicle (198)
      • 17% - child intentionally left in vehicle by adult (118)
      • 1% - circumstances unknown (5)

Bold and underline mine.

I never thought that INTENTIONAL hot car deaths were that high. Like most people I assumed most were accidents. However almost 1 in 5 hot car deaths are the result of a parent or caregiver deliberately leaving their kid in the car.

Think about that for a moment. ONE in FIVE hot car deaths, the parent in question DELIBERATELY left their kid to die a most horrible death by LITERALLY BAKING TO DEATH.

Un-freakin believable. :badmood:

Are we sure there was no type of diaper/Cooper bag in the vehicle? I wonder if Little Apron Daycare has an online hand book for procedures of what to bring to school. My kids never went to daycare, but in preschool they did bring backpacks.

Carrying over from another thread regarding the 6 minute phone call made before police arrived:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...led-to-talk-to-anyone&p=10717540#post10717540

Thanks to princesspjs for posting a transcript of the CNN footage of a transcript of bond hearing court proceedings identifying to whom the call was placed:

So his first call was to his wife and she did not pick up the phone. Interesting since everyone seemed to believe he never called her.

Thanks for posting this. :tyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member