Troubled country singer Mindy McCready, RIP

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I really think this woman needs to be punished. It's not okay to steal a child. Not even your own if you have been deemed unfit as a parent. She won't submit to drug testing so she has supervised visits. Evidently supervised by an enabling father. If she were a nobody people would be screaming. Because she is Mindy McCready does not make this okay.

Just heard on CNN....they asked Mindy to come on the show to explain and her rep said "she is pregnant with twins and is resting"

Sometimes desperation makes you do things that are not normal.

It's not right, but I can see how it happens.

I would go toe to toe with Satan himself if he tried to keep me away from my DD.

She agreed to give her mother custody-that is how I am reading it. It was part of the criminal action against her...that is how I see it. I could be wrong.

She has been denied over and over again her custodial rights-these are rights that are extremely hard to take from any parent, much less a mother. So there is something amiss with her representation of herself and her rights.

She has now virtually guaranteed that she will not be awarded custody, and she will now have supervised visitation if she gets any visitation at all.

I think Dad may have colluded-if so I assume there was an exit plan in place and they will be hard to find. If not, they should be rather easy given that she is sending emails.

Whoa-so Mindy stole her son and is pregnant with twins, and is resting comfortably? Which means someone knows where she is and is harboring, possibly, a fugitive? And a kidnapper?

Good Lord, way to endanger everyone MM.

I really think this woman needs to be punished. It's not okay to steal a child. Not even your own if you have been deemed unfit as a parent. She won't submit to drug testing so she has supervised visits. Evidently supervised by an enabling father. If she were a nobody people would be screaming. Because she is Mindy McCready does not make this okay.

I don't think it's ok.

I can just understand the desperation.

She agreed to give her mother custody-that is how I am reading it. It was part of the criminal action against her...that is how I see it. I could be wrong.

She has been denied over and over again her custodial rights-these are rights that are extremely hard to take from any parent, much less a mother. So there is something amiss with her representation of herself and her rights.

She has now virtually guaranteed that she will not be awarded custody, and she will now have supervised visitation if she gets any visitation at all.

I think Dad may have colluded-if so I assume there was an exit plan in place and they will be hard to find. If not, they should be rather easy given that she is sending emails.

I understand all that. I really do.

I said it wasn't right.

Those brain scans just keep popping in my mind. IMO she does not think clearly.

When her ex beat the crap out of her, she suffered trauma to her head and face IIRC. Then, on top of that, she has used drugs and alcohol for years. This also affects her brain activity.

She is known to have seizures.

I'm not making excuses, but I think there is much more to this than a mom kidnapping her son.

I don't think it's ok.

I can just understand the desperation.

I know, kim. I wasnt frustrated with you-I would move heaven and earth as well, but I hope that I would do it in a way that would make it stick.

I think she is showing classic signs of someone who is not thinking about what is in the best interests of Xander. Xander is looking at living a life on the run, ripped from the stable people (we hope) who have been raising him.

If she is not thinking clearly, and is in some kind of psychosis related to her pregnancy, there is even more reason to get everyone to a safe, supervised spot where they can be helped.

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20147753,00.html

This is the story about when she almost died at the hands of her boyfriend. It was a violent attack. He slammed her face into a wall and choked her so bad it damaged her eyes.

According to Dr. Drew and the physician that did the scans while she was on "Celebrity Rehab" this caused some brain damage.

I know, kim. I wasnt frustrated with you-I would move heaven and earth as well, but I hope that I would do it in a way that would make it stick.

I think she is showing classic signs of someone who is not thinking about what is in the best interests of Xander. Xander is looking at living a life on the run, ripped from the stable people (we hope) who have been raising him.

If she is not thinking clearly, and is in some kind of psychosis related to her pregnancy, there is even more reason to get everyone to a safe, supervised spot where they can be helped.

I agree.

As a mother I totally understand how she must feel. I would want my child also. On the other hand SHE is the reason she doesn't have custody of her son and she should likewise understand that it is her behavior that caused the loss of custody, and the only way to change the circumstances is to change her behavior. I don't think this is all her either. Based on what I have read her father allowed her to take her son. He knows her drug and alcohol issues, her suicide attempts, and the possible danger her state of mind might put that child in. I find him to have been negligent in allowing her to take him (if that is what happened)

I really don't feel good about any of this. Mindy has issues possibly stemming from her upbringing so I don't feel good about her mother having custody. Not saying she is not a good parent to her grandson and I hope that DCS made a good decision there, but if the supervised visits for Mindy were at her fathers house because of the relationship with her mother being so bad, then I have to wonder was her mother the disciplinarian in the family and Dad gave Mindy everything she wanted and continues to do so with a child at risk? Or was Mindy's mom a bad choice, is she raising Zander for monetary reasons, and father sides with Mindy for good reason's? The dynamics of this family make me wonder if Zander wouldn't be better off with his fathers family.

I don't want anything bad to happen to Mindy but she is an adult and has made a really bad decision here.

I have to think of the child first. As a mother.

But she IMO does not have the same mental capacity as most mothers her age. She needs serious help.

I really don't think she understands just how serious this is. I think that is apparent by her words that they are fine and her son is not missing.

Mindy also has said for years that her mother has tried to sabotage her in the court's view to keep her child from her. Who knows, that may very well be correct.

On the other hand, Mindy's actions have been deplorable. What was her mental state? What was her degree desperation? I just don't know.

I think there are MANY variables at play here.

I really hope they are both safe.

Country Singer Mindy McCready Reportedly Can't Return to Florida Court Due to Pregnancy

snip-
Country singer Mindy McCready said Wednesday she probably will not be able to bring her 5-year-old son back to Florida to fulfill a judge's order by Thursday afternoon -- because she is nearly seven months pregnant with twins. By not returning as ordered, she risks arrest.

McCready alleges that her son suffered abuse while living at her mother's home and that is one reason why she left with the boy last week.

When reached at her home Wednesday night, McCready's mother, Gayle Inge, said the abuse allegations are "absolutely not true."

McCready said she was under the impression that the Florida judge was transferring the custody case to Tennessee and that it wouldn't be a problem if she brought him there.

McCready, whose son could be heard giggling on the other end of the line Wednesday as his mother spoke to the AP, said the father of her twins is a music producer named David who is supportive of her quest to regain custody of Zander.

Wednesday was McCready's 36th birthday.

"I hope that for my birthday, I get my son forever," McCready said:banghead:
Read more:
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...return-to-florida-court-due-to/#ixzz1fFhC3its
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh Mindy-you've probably killed that from ever happening and may have even jeopardized the custody of your soon to be born twins too-especially if you wind up doing jail time!! You need to send your son home and work with the system and stay clean and out of trouble!!:twocents:l

I wonder if there is any truth to the abuse claims.

I wonder if there is any truth to the abuse claims.

I wouldn't be surprised if it were true. There seems to be issues between Mindy and her mother that may stem from Mindy's child hood. The fact that her dad has enabled her (guilt because of an abusive ex-wife?).

With what I know at this point (which isn't much) I would remove custody from grandma just because there are issues between her and her daughter that I am sure affect that little boy whether it is directly or indirectly.

I don't think Mindy is ready for custody though. She has not used good judgement at a time when it is VERY important, so can she be counted on to use good judgement on a daily basis? She has risked everything by doing this.

Oh my. As if this wasn't a bad enough situation, now we can add two more innocents to the mix. Bless those three precious babies.

Country Singer Mindy McCready Reportedly Can't Return to Florida Court Due to Pregnancy

snip-
Country singer Mindy McCready said Wednesday she probably will not be able to bring her 5-year-old son back to Florida to fulfill a judge's order by Thursday afternoon -- because she is nearly seven months pregnant with twins. By not returning as ordered, she risks arrest.

McCready alleges that her son suffered abuse while living at her mother's home and that is one reason why she left with the boy last week.

When reached at her home Wednesday night, McCready's mother, Gayle Inge, said the abuse allegations are "absolutely not true."

McCready said she was under the impression that the Florida judge was transferring the custody case to Tennessee and that it wouldn't be a problem if she brought him there.

McCready, whose son could be heard giggling on the other end of the line Wednesday as his mother spoke to the AP, said the father of her twins is a music producer named David who is supportive of her quest to regain custody of Zander.

Wednesday was McCready's 36th birthday.

"I hope that for my birthday, I get my son forever," McCready said:banghead:
Read more:
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...return-to-florida-court-due-to/#ixzz1fFhC3its
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh Mindy-you've probably killed that from ever happening and may have even jeopardized the custody of your soon to be born twins too-especially if you wind up doing jail time!! You need to send your son home and work with the system and stay clean and out of trouble!!:twocents:l

So, yesterday it was ok for her to go to Florida to take the child but now, all of the sudden, due to her pregnancy, she can't return to Florida? That isn't doing a whole lot for her credibility.
If it's true that she wouldn't take drug tests then she shouldn't have custody, period. If she were clean she wouldn't have a problem taking a drug test. I would take a drug test any day or night to get my child.
I just hope she hasn't been using during her pregnancy. I hope they drug test the babies as soon as they are born and if they have drugs in their system then they should take them away, too.
Of course I know there are two sides to every story and given the fact that her mother assaulted her (I believe I read that) then it is possible that she has abused the child, too. I hope they completely look into the allegations. Sadly, until this whole mess is worked out maybe the child would be better off in a foster home then with any of these dysfunctional people.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver
Back