Troubled country singer Mindy McCready, RIP

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I thought it was Mindy who assaulted her mother and she received jail time but served very little and broke probation. Is this not right?

No no no no.... not more babies. She is going to lose custody of those too now.
She has been freaking out because she says that her mother is trying to give custody back to her ex... the one that nearly killed her?
She talked about that on her facebook with the pictures of herself after the attack.

I thought it was Mindy who assaulted her mother and she received jail time but served very little and broke probation. Is this not right?

Correct....no evidence whatsoever that Mindys mom is abusive. Mindy is/was

Correct....no evidence whatsoever that Mindys mom is abusive. Mindy is/was

My mistake. I misunderstood what I read. It was Mindy who was charged with assaulting her mother. In that case I don't think she should have unsupervised visitation with her child unless she has gotten help.

I am not going to say the Florida DFS knows what they are doing (does anyone remember [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rilya_Wilson"]Rilya Wilson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]?) but...I bet Zander is still safer with Mindy's mom than with Mindy right now. The whole situation is sad.

Well, they aren't too worried...they are giving her until Thursday at 5 pm to return him. I'm sorry, but if a woman with a history of suicide attempts and drug abuse had MY child, I would not be giving her a time frame to return him, especially since there has been an ongoing custody battle over little Xander for most of his life. ANYTHING could happen. I don't understand that at all. Maybe the family has some idea where she is and they are going to try to talk to her or something? I don't know...I would be going after my baby...no WAY would some suicidal drug addict who is likely angry about a custody battle have MY baby...

ETA: When I was still married, our child died and my husband had a mental breakdown. He was NOT WELL. I came home from work one day and he had taken both children from day care and was GONE. So...this is emotional for me. There was NOTHING, legally, that I could do. We were legally married and he had every right to take the children wherever he wanted, with or without my permission. The fact that he was recovering from a mental breakdown and the kids were in daycare because he wasn't able to care for them? Well...not enough. SO...I am NOT understanding the time frame thing. THEY DO HAVE RIGHTS. THEY CAN get Zander back. So get him back. (IT all turned out...although his parents actually HID my kids and him in different counties for six months...it was a nightmare)

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your precious child.

How did you eventually get your kids back?

I wasn't too concerned until I saw this... it just put in perspective the frame of mind Mindy is in.

I can't imagine referring to my children as "belonging to" me.

"It would be impossible for me to kidnap my own child" makes sense.

However if "belongs to me" is being used then it seems like it should be property..
"It would be impossible for me to steal the car/TV/radio that already belongs to me."

I just got a little sick when I saw that... :waitasec:

Right. A better phrase would be: "I can't kidnap my own child,"

I wonder if there is any truth to the abuse claims.

Good question, because if I;m not mistaken, there was an article that contained the allegation that Zander is sick a lot at his grandma's. Then, there was an article stating Zander had been reported sick by his grandma and had not attended school for a few days, so DCF came to check? I guess were told he was at his dad's and went there to check and found him missing?

These were articles I found linked to on previous pages but I'm too tired to hunt right now.

What is she thinking? She'll lose Zander and the twins if she's not careful (and by that I mean getting her rear end back home asap).

I hope this doesn't turn out tragic. Does LE know where she is?

Mel

What is she thinking? She'll lose Zander and the twins if she's not careful (and by that I mean getting her rear end back home asap).

I hope this doesn't turn out tragic. Does LE know where she is?

Mel

She said on facebook that LE had verified on Skye that he was not missing.
That same LE agency came out and said there was not a criminal act yet.
So I think they saw them on Skype Tuesday maybe but that's it?

I am a bit less worried about this ending tragically now that I know she is pregnant.
I don't know why... but that makes me feel better about it. As long as she doesn't lose all hope for all 3 kids.

I wouldn't be surprised if it were true. There seems to be issues between Mindy and her mother that may stem from Mindy's child hood. The fact that her dad has enabled her (guilt because of an abusive ex-wife?).

With what I know at this point (which isn't much) I would remove custody from grandma just because there are issues between her and her daughter that I am sure affect that little boy whether it is directly or indirectly.

I don't think Mindy is ready for custody though. She has not used good judgement at a time when it is VERY important, so can she be counted on to use good judgement on a daily basis? She has risked everything by doing this.

I totally agree.

She needs a lot of help.

IMO she is not stable enough at this point to have her child.

She said on facebook that LE had verified on Skye that he was not missing.
That same LE agency came out and said there was not a criminal act yet.
So I think they saw them on Skype Tuesday maybe but that's it?

I am a bit less worried about this ending tragically now that I know she is pregnant.
I don't know why... but that makes me feel better about it. As long as she doesn't lose all hope for all 3 kids.

Yeah, but she attempted suicide 2 times while pregnant with her son.

She's got major issues.

KING: Dickson, Tennessee, hello.

CALLER: Mindy, how could you think you had no self-esteem when you were so successful and beautiful?

MCCREADY: Gosh, people ask that all the time. How could you feel depressed? How could you be upset about your life? You had everything going for you.

It's hard to describe, when you're in an abusive relationship with somebody, especially when I feel. You know, as a child there were things said to me that weren't all, you know, Billy making me feel that way.

They were there. They belittle you so that you feel like you need them. So that you feel like you have to have them. And you just get lost. I mean, that's the only way I can explain it to you, is I was just so terribly lost. Once you get down that far, it's hard to pick yourself back up.

from the Larry King Interview
Aired November 11, 2005

from her wiki page regarding her past LEGAL troubles (not the child custody or suicide attempts or Rehab stints):

August 2004: arrested in TN for using a fake prescription to buy OxyContin; pleaded guilty & fined $4,000, sentenced to 3 years probation, ordered to perform 200 hours of community service.

May 2005: arrested in TN & charged with DUI and driving on a suspended license. Jury found her not guilty of DUI, guilty of driving on a suspended license.

July 2005: charged in AZ with identity theft, unlawful use of transportation, unlawful imprisonment, and hindering prosecution (WTH?).

August 2005: warrant issued for violation of her probation for leaving TN without permission; charged with not reporting to her probation officer; arrested in FL & returned to TN.

Faced a hearing late 2005 on charges of violating her probation on a drug charge by failing to check in with her probation officer and leaving the state without permission to go to FL (nothing about what transpired).

July 2007: arrested in FL; charged with battery & resisting arrest for an apparent scuffle with her mother.

The following week, taken into custody at Nashville International Airport for violating probation.

September 2007: sentenced to a year in jail for violating probation & ordered to serve 2 more years of probation & perform 200 additional hours of community service.

December 2007: released from jail.

June 2008: arrested in TN for violating the terms of her probation set in September 2007; sentenced to 60 days in jail.

September 30, 2008: turned herself in; served half the sentence (released for good behavior on October 31, 2008).

Nothing after that . . . I'm just trying to understand her frame of mind & learning more about her "demons". I met her in '96 at a party in Chicago when she released "Guys Do It All The Time"; she was so small & cute & nice & fresh -- just a shame she had to hide all this depression (as noted in the Larry King interview & probably in Celebrity Rehab-I don't watch that carp).

Think about this: she was 16 when she started focusing on her career & left for Nashville when she was 18. I cannot help but think she may have been forced to provide for her family at a young age (Lohan-ish). Her younger brother lived with her in TN & not in FL with her mother . . . trying to find a link.

Another thing: if she had done all this in CA, would it be more Lindsey-like (a joke)? TN apparently means business for probation violations.

:innocent: Sorry for the long posts, guys. Worried about Z & her . . . OMG & her unborn babies apparently.

Yeah, but she attempted suicide 2 times while pregnant with her son.

She's got major issues.

That was also within 6 months of her almost being beaten to death... after he was charged with attempted murder.
That happened in May 2005 and her suicide attempts were in July and September.
Then again in December 2008 (just before Christmas suicides go up anyway.)

I agree she has got issues.
I just think she's got the baby daddy's support in this situation... there is no recent attempted murder to deal with.
Things are much better this time around, so I have a lot more hope.

Now, the May 2010 "possible overdose" is VERY interesting.
She had JUST gotten the custody proceedings opened again to get her son back from her mother.

Then just after she got out of rehab, she was given pain pills by guess who?
Her mother.
And those pills landed her in the hospital with a possible "reaction" to it.
Which her mother claimed was an overdose and suicide attempt.
Dr Drew said there was no relapse. But Mom claimed she tried to kill herself.

I find that to be quite coincidental.
Because that certainly didn't help her in getting her son back now did it?

http://www.tmz.com/2010/05/25/mindy...ocet-narcotic-broken-toe-mother/#.Tte9klbFmSo

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...mccready-absolutely-attempted-suicide-2010265

I also always have an issue when someone has multiple suicide attempts. I know, people can attempt suicide and fail.
I have a guy across the street who blew half his face off with a shotgun and lived, so I've seen it firsthand.
But when you have "attempted suicide" multiple times?? 2 overdoses and one cutting the wrists?

I think she was either trying to escape to numb the pain or she just wanted help she didn't know how to ask for. :twocents:

http://en.wikipedia.org/Mindy_McCready

I think her mom is sketchy to put it mildly.

So....about four hours and 45 minutes till she either shows up with the child, or doesn't. What next, if she doesn't?

I fear they better find them, and quickly. This is not a stable person.

I think they know where she is and are just letting her come in. I don't think they are really worried about his safety.
They told her she could surrender him in Nashville as well.

I wonder if she realizes that by saying she is "resting comfortably" and can't travel due to her pregnancy...
that she also makes herself sound incapable of caring for her son.
Almost makes it sound like she is on bed rest. And of course having just traveled a few days ago to get him does not help that excuse either.

7 months pregnant or 5 months pregnant? We have heard both.
Odds are higher that she would actually be told not to travel at 7 months.
If she was having any issues at 5 months she'd likely be hospitalized.
If she is having a healthy twin pregnancy at 5 months along, there is no reason she can't travel back just like she did a few days ago.

'Emergency' order issued to pick up McCready's son

Country singer does not have legal custody of child

(CNN) -
A Florida judge has signed an "emergency ... pick up order" authorizing law enforcement officers to get the 5-year-old son of country singer Mindy McCready, a court spokeswoman said Thursday.

The child was not brought in, prompting Judge James H. Seals to sign the emergency order around 4 p.m. Thursday , said Sheila Mann, a spokeswoman for Florida's 20th Judicial Circuit court.

"The child is now an official missing person," said Aimee McLaughlin, a spokeswoman for the Children's Network of Southwest Florida, the lead agency for child welfare services

With the emergency pick up order now official, local law enforcement will update the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the FBI's National Crime Information Center about the case, according to McLaughlin.

"Once the child is located, we will make plans to bring the child back to the home of his maternal grandmother, which is the legally approved place," she said.
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...son/-/1719418/4858878/-/10bbr75z/-/index.html

Poor baby. How scary that's going to be for him.

I really wish she would have brought him back.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalo13
Back