Troubled country singer Mindy McCready, RIP

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I thought I had heard her name before.
Someone said she was on Celeb Rehab.
Is she the one who roomed with Mac Phillips?
Gosh I hope the little guy is safe and sound and found before Thursday's deadline.
I really hope she is put in long term rehab.
Such a shame.

I would think that Zander would have had to be in the custody of Mindy's immediate relatives in order for her to have the access she had to Zander?

There's not a lot to go on, but the way I am thinking is that someone trusted Mindy to take Zander without the court ordered supervision. I do not believe that she kidnapped (in a classical sense) him from the home. I think someone allowed her to take him... and with the bitter custody dispute, I very much doubt that it was someone from Zander's dad's side of the family. Especially after he just won back rights to have his son for night visits.

I think if Mindy would have snatched him, we would have an Amber Alert. And that is the reason I think someone made the mistake of allowing her to leave the home with Zander unsupervised.

Hopefully she just wants to spend her birthday with him... but I do not feel comfortable knowing that the reason she is not allowed to be alone with her son is because she refuses to take drug tests.

what is this wink news? Its the only thing Im seeing also when searching google.

Why wouldnt TMZ be blasting this on their page???:waitasec:

Wink News is a local news station in SW Florida where Mindy is from and where she took Zander. I agree it should be on TMZ or Perez Hilton. Something to put pressure on her to bring him home safely.

Who is "they"? (they have given her a deadline)

It doesn't sound like a good idea to threaten her. Vinegar vs. sugar, you know. It seems better for someone she loves (or loves her) to appeal to her, lovingly. Or an LE who is trained in the gentle approach. JMO.

This is really sad...for everyone. And I hope there is a good outcome. :heart:

This is making me very nervous. If she's in a custody battle, not granted overnight visits due to non-compliance (drug testing), then taking Z is a last stand. She has to know that when/if she returns that she will prolly end up in jail or rehab, and will likely never get to visit with her son again.

What is she gonna do when faced with that reality? Will it be "if I can't have him no one can".

I'm praying for both of them right now!

Mel

I thought I had heard her name before.
Someone said she was on Celeb Rehab.
Is she the one who roomed with Mac Phillips?
Gosh I hope the little guy is safe and sound and found before Thursday's deadline.
I really hope she is put in long term rehab.
Such a shame.

Yes, she and Mac got really close.

She had a seizure in the room and Mac ran to get help.

Dr. Drew actually brought her for brain scans and she has brain damage from physical abuse and her own substance abuse.

Praying for her and her son.
I hope they are both safe.

I would think that Zander would have had to be in the custody of Mindy's immediate relatives in order for her to have the access she had to Zander?

There's not a lot to go on, but the way I am thinking is that someone trusted Mindy to take Zander without the court ordered supervision. I do not believe that she kidnapped (in a classical sense) him from the home. I think someone allowed her to take him... and with the bitter custody dispute, I very much doubt that it was someone from Zander's dad's side of the family. Especially after he just won back rights to have his son for night visits.

I think if Mindy would have snatched him, we would have an Amber Alert. And that is the reason I think someone made the mistake of allowing her to leave the home with Zander unsupervised.

Hopefully she just wants to spend her birthday with him... but I do not feel comfortable knowing that the reason she is not allowed to be alone with her son is because she refuses to take drug tests.

bbm

According to this article from 2010, her mother has custody:

Mindy McCready has filed court papers to reclaim custody of her 4-year-old son, Zander, from her mother Terri, who was appointed the child's guardian in 2007 when Mindy was arrested for violating probation. At the time, Mindy was sentenced to 60 days in jail and turned herself in. After serving just half of her sentence, the singer was released for good behavior.

http://www.theboot.com/2010/05/19/mindy-mccready-custody-son/

I loved her first cd. So sad how this has turned out. I hope they find her and her son safely.

bbm

According to this article from 2010, her mother has custody:

Thanks!

http://www.eonline.com/news/judge_refuses_plug_mindy_mccreadys/183216

Judge Refuses to Plug Mindy McCready's Leaky Mom - from 2010 May 27

A judge has denied a motion filed by McCready's lawyer to issue an emergency gag order against oversharing mother Gayle Inge, as well as a request to transfer guardianship of son Zander from Inge to Mindy's father, Tim. Her parents, who are divorced, both reside in Florida.

http://countrymusictattletale.com/2...against-her-mother-and-the-national-enquirer/

Mindy McCready Files Complaint Against Her Mother and the National Enquirer - from 2011 Jun 17

Meanwhile, Mindy has been embroiled in a four-year battle over physical custody of her now 5-year-old son, Zander. In various legal hearings, options have been weighed to keep the child where he is, with Ms. Inge, or to place him permanently with his biological father, Billy McKnight (who was charged with attempted murder for nearly killing McCready in 2005)–despite circumstances that have been verified as unhealthy and unsafe for the child, including but not limited to Zander’s numerous and unexplained visits to the doctor’s office, under the care of Ms. Inge, and Mr. McKnight’s criminal, alcohol and drug abuse history, and his prolonged absence from Zander’s life.

That Ms. Inge chose to speak so openly, albeit falsely, about those proceedings, and the fact that she provided a picture of the child for national publication, raises serious concerns in my mind for the safety and well-being of Zander while he continues to be in her care. There are additional legal actions being investigated and reviewed. It is clear that Ms. McCready and her mother have a tumultuous relationship. The fact that she is raising Ms. McCready’s son and refuses to foster his relationship with his mother, coupled with the fact that she would publicly exploit these proceedings, should raise serious concerns as to whether Ms. Inge truly has the child’s best interest at heart,”

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-06-18/sports/29696838_1_gayle-inge-mindy-mccready-ed-problems

"I do believe that redemption for me is as close as it's ever been," said McCready. "The state of Florida is going to be exposed for the fraud committed for taking my child. What Zander has gone through will somehow make a difference with child care laws, so kids don't have to suffer like he did."

This stuff is what Country music is made of . . . not to make light of how Mindy was raised or the addictions she has. Poor Z & Mindy!

Okay... so the police verified via Skype that he is not missing.
So that could be when she was given a deadline to return him if she has him?
Why did it have to be verified via Skype, why couldn't it be verified in person?

She doesn't say "I don't have my son."
She says he is "not missing."

http://www.facebook.com/officialmindymccready?sk=wall

And actually... when you don't have custody, you CAN kidnap your own child.

Someone who is friends with both Mindy and her family, comments and appears to imply that Mindy DOES have her son... asking her to return.

Through that girl's facebook (THM) you can find Mindy's family who's posts ALSO seem to imply she DOES have him.
There are also more pictures of them there.

That poor little boy. It sounds like there is no one in his life who will put him first. I can only imagine what all this will do to him. I hope and pray he is safe.

OMG: hope I can post this from the above link

FB Friends I know it has been a long time since you have heard from me... I have been fighting the Florida court system to protect my son, and bring him home. Wink TV has once again reported nothing but lies and they are most likely being supported by the attorney for DCF child services. There is NO AMBER ALERT and my son is not missing! Detectives from the Cape Coral Police department established that this afternoon via Skype. Please do not worry or support anything they continue to lie about!! Thanks Always.... Mindy

There is nothing on the FB anymore

McCready took her son Zander, 5, from his father Bill McKnight's home

http://www.cmt.com/news/news-in-bri...ng-mindy-mccready-and-her-kidnapped-son.jhtml

That throws me off? How did she get close enough access to take Zander while he was staying with the father's relatives? If she did snatch him, then there should be an Amber Alert and a warrant should be out for her arrest. Or maybe LE just doesn't want to tick her off too much and are being nice through the media to get Zander back?

Come on Mindy, bring Zander home.

How very sad.

It's as if this woman lives in a long, sad country ballad.

:(

Missing person report filed on country singer Mindy McCready and her 5-year-old son in Florida
CAPE CORAL, Fla. — Florida authorities say country singer Mindy McCready is missing with her 5-year-old son, and a judge has given her until Thursday to return the boy.

Caption under picture: (Mark Humphrey, file/Associated Press) - FILE - In this undated file photo, country singer Mindy McCready performs in Nashville, Tenn. A missing persons report has been filed for McCready and her 5-year-old son Zander. The Department of Children and Families says the report was filed with Cape Coral Police Tuesday night after McCready took Zander from McCready’s father’s home.
McCready doesn’t have custody of her son — her mother does — and was allowed to visit the

read more: The Washington Post

picture.php

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member