Truck/project on Thursday afternoon Revisit w/new 2010.11.12 Dateline info

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think we know that LE was very interested in a white Truck. Kaine's truck or one that looked like it. So we know there is something here a missing piece. Something we don't know or haven't put the pieces together about.

A few apparent fails right off (please don't construe this as bashing the school. A little boy is gone and these are things I have processed through the information we've been given):

1. disorganization via having parents and students touring the projects before school started. Kids arriving with parents, arriving on the bus, people coming in and out for over 45 minutes with little or no supervision for the children, as evidenced by any number of students arriving on the bus without a parent for a pre-9a.m. walk through.

2. Ms Porter. Yeah, touchy subject, but two things cannot exist in her story at the same time. She either believed Terri took Kyron with her at 8:45 or she believes Kyron was probably in the bathroom at 9:45 when, as TP states, after the tour the chaperon noticed she had only 5, when she started with 6 students.

3. No follow up to just double check and make sure Kyron was where the teacher assumed. By 10, according to Desiree, Kyron was marked absent. We know his bag and coat were still there, because Kaine and Desiree stated they picked them up along with the tree frog exhibit. If the teacher assumed he was in the bathroom, why mark him absent? If she assumed he was with Terri, why no follow up call?

4. Tacking on a talent show on the same day as a busy science expo. That's a lot of stress for both students and teachers. Yeah, maybe it wasn't anything special, but stress is stress. People insist Kyron was supposed to be in this talent show, but neither of his parents knows a thing about it. No special song he was going to sing, no dance, nothing. Maybe he was supposed to be AT it, which makes more sense....littler classes watch the older kids perform all the time. It's unclear, this preposition: AT or IN.

These are just a few of the FAILS that I note. None of them, if nothing had gone wrong ..... like a child going missing ..... would have really been anything more than a learning curve for next year. But I can't see how Terri could have counted on all this chaos happening all at once in order to provide her a cover. Possible, I guess, but then it puts her into a unique position to be smarter than everyone at the school whose job it is to control the chaos, who didn't seem to know it would be as chaotic as it sounds like it was, from people who have spoken about being there. And with a baby who is described as "not feeling well" by someone who saw her about an hour after she left the school, I can't imagine attempting to do much more than wave goodbye to my son and head out in hopes of finding something which will soothe the one who isn't "feeling well"......that's a description by Andrea, I believe, from the second FM.

I'm glad Skyline has improved things over the summer. Where is Kyron? :(

OK Debs I get it...... so perhaps there were fails. Let's take it from there OK? If that is what you believe that is valid.

What are the fails that day? How might it be responsible?

For others who do feel that Terri knew the agenda you take it from there.

I'm trying to keep us together discussing. Last week Kyron's forum was empty. We are revisiting lets see if we can learn anything new just by raising questions that may trigger new thoughs in this regard.

:grouphug:

Hi Grandma, Yes, Debs gets an A+ for that explanation of IB.

It sounds like you have an excellent topic for a new thread. :dance: I think the school was totally lacking in a system of checks and balances to keep their students safe. A laisey faire attitude that seems to symbolize the gentlemen farmer/rural residential citizenry. Where they would say let us be, don't intervene and everything will be fine at Skyline. We don't need security the way we live out here. If a student is late for school we don't call the parents by a certain time. Etc. IMO

I also think TH knew most everything about the school and planned what she did with Kyron that morning accordingly. The security situation at Skyline made her task of disappearing Kyron much more simple IMO. Nothing would be seen on VS, and it would be word against word if someone said they saw her at a certain time, hard to prove, etc. She banked on it. I think she thought she had Kyron's going missing all programmed for success. All on a narcissistic brain fuzzed by too much drinking.

PS: I think the only thing that has saved her is she has held her tongue {except for sending an email to the media} and his body has not yet been found. One of these days . . . . :croc:

I think we know that LE was very interested in a white Truck. Kaine's truck or one that looked like it. So we know there is something here a missing piece. Something we don't know or haven't put the pieces together about.

It's almost 11 and am going to watch the news again on KOIN. During that spot {about the water searches today on SI} they also showed a photo of the white truck. I think they were inferring it was seen on SI but need to check that. LOL I have pen and paper in hand.

Well we know the white truck was said to be at a certain point on Skyline at 10:30am.

Can I ask you all one question? What difference does it make if this was the first year or not?

In the context in which I used it, it was simply a brief explanation of the context in which I think it the experience was a first for Terri, as the poster to whom I was responding had asked, which might explain why Terri didn't know when she was to pick up the project, as Desiree stated she didn't.

In that context, it made no difference to me - I just don't much care why Terri didn't know when she was supposed to pick up the project. It's no big deal to me - she just didn't.

IDK, first year or not, if the parents are expected to do something, don't the children usually bring a note home explaining what the parents need to do?

I can almost assure you there was nothing special about Terri taking the truck - to the fact that she most likely took the truck EVERY day. a stay at home mom with 2 or 3 kids in tow would not be "trucking" around the little ones and the groceries, etc. in a 2 door mustang. the Horman Family dynamic is quickly coming into view and I think we're gonna see a lot of things that were presumed true come unglued as the events unfold.

Really though? Are we supposed to really believe that Terri didn't know after the science fair was over she could take the project home?

Do we actually KNOW that the exhibits could come home at 10 o'clock? Do we know if other parents brought exhibits home that morning?

If I may speculate here for a moment... This was, apparently, the first time the school's science fair was rum under IB rules/sanction. Perhaps in past years, exhibits could come home at the end of the fair - but if the rules had changed, then it's possible that the pickup times might have changed. (Maybe there was to be judging later, maybe someone was going to take photos, etc.)

Since TH had volunteered at the school, she may have been familiar with the science fairs they held in the past, and simply assumed that the rules were the same - but were they? I would like confirmation on exactly when the exhibits were "released" for the parents to pick up.

I can almost assure you there was nothing special about Terri taking the truck - to the fact that she most likely took the truck EVERY day. a stay at home mom with 2 or 3 kids in tow would not be "trucking" around the little ones and the groceries, etc. in a 2 door mustang. the Horman Family dynamic is quickly coming into view and I think we're gonna see a lot of things that were presumed true come unglued as the events unfold.

It is not established fact that Terri took the truck every day. Kyron and J were at school during the day so they only person Terri would have to haul around with her groceries would be K. Kaine was asked and specifically answered that he normally took the truck and Terri normally drove her mustang.

Jmo

IB/Science fair, call it what you would like. First of it's kind last of it's kind, whatever. I find a few things to be odd. Firstly, what was the big deal in picking up this project immediately when the fair ended? Do you honestly think the school expected all the working parents to take off work and come get their kids projects ASAP? I mean let's face it it is poster board with pictures and dialogue, not a Monet. Both of my kids are in school and have science fairs. Typically, you bring the project in the morning prior to the first bell. You help your child set it up. Throughout that day, the kids in all grade levels walk around and view the exhibits. At night, the families are invited to view the exhibits. Obviously this fair was much different and not quite conveinant to the parents IMO.

I'm not understanding the urgency to pick the project up, it makes zero sense to me. I think it was a big fat excuse for TH. IMO, she didn't want to pick up the project and Kyron from school. It seems she was eager to bring the project home in the morning hours or rather give the facade that this was her plan. It was much more convenienant for TH to have Kyron not be on that bus. If she went to school to pick up Kyron and the project, there is the possibility that someone could have seen her leave with him earlier in the day. Her cover would have been blown immediately. The way that it worked out was easier for her, much easier for the what if's of it all.

Hi 2beats, I always had the impression that the red mustang was a relatively new purchase for the Korman's. To where they hadn't had it that long before Kyron went missing.

Does anyone know when they bought it?

Hi 2beats, I always had the impression that the red mustang was a relatively new purchase for the Korman's. To where they hadn't had it that long before Kyron went missing.

Terri received it as a Mother's Day gift the year they got married, so 3 years ago.

it was a present to th for some holiday, mother's day or VDay while she was pg with baby k or shortly before, iirc.

IB/Science fair, call it what you would like. First of it's kind last of it's kind, whatever. I find a few things to be odd. Firstly, what was the big deal in picking up this project immediately when the fair ended? Do you honestly think the school expected all the working parents to take off work and come get their kids projects ASAP? I mean let's face it it is poster board with pictures and dialogue, not a Monet. Both of my kids are in school and have science fairs. Typically, you bring the project in the morning prior to the first bell. You help your child set it up. Throughout that day, the kids in all grade levels walk around and view the exhibits. At night, the families are invited to view the exhibits. Obviously this fair was much different and not quite conveinant to the parents IMO.

I'm not understanding the urgency to pick the project up, it makes zero sense to me. I think it was a big fat excuse for TH. IMO, she didn't want to pick up the project and Kyron from school. It seems she was eager to bring the project home in the morning hours or rather give the facade that this was her plan. It was much more convenienant for TH to have Kyron not be on that bus. If she went to school to pick up Kyron and the project, there is the possibility that someone could have seen her leave with him earlier in the day. Her cover would have been blown immediately. The way that it worked out was easier for her, much easier for the what if's of it all.

Actually it depends on the school where you live. Our Middle School always had the science fair in the cafeteria, and some of the Science Fair projects were large and took up space. So they would send a note home asking parents to pick up the SF projects immediately after school on the day it was over. No, it wasn't convenient and I'm sure not every parent could do it, but I guess they figured lots of parents picked up kids anyway and it would get the majority of projects off their hands.

Still, none of that rules out the theory that Terri had a plan and used the Science Fair as an excuse to use the truck. Maybe there was a note about picking up projects. The only problem is, Terri didn't do it!

To me it's just so weird that she left the school that morning, drove around, then waited for the bus that afternoon in spite of having the truck. For that matter, Kaine was home that afternoon. Why didn't Terri ask him to go get Kyron and the SF project in the truck? I've never understood that at all. Maybe Terri didn't expect Kaine to be home that day?

But I agree that the whole aim from the beginning must have been to blame the school or the busdriver for the disappearance. Nothing else really fits the facts of the case.

IDK, first year or not, if the parents are expected to do something, don't the children usually bring a note home explaining what the parents need to do?

Heh. Having taught classes for nearly 20 years (not in a school system), I can tell you that notes going home are far from a guarantee that everyone is informed.

Some of those notes go home, are read and the family follows instructions. As an instructor, I LOVES ME THOSE FAMILIES!!!

Some of those notes go home but aren't read or aren't understood.

Some of those note go into a black hole where the kid says "I gave it to my mom/dad" and parent goes "Huh?"

Some of the notes go home, are read but the person in charge just forgets. We're all human.

Some of the notes are found by the instructor on the floor or on the table by the door or in the bathroom... with no indication of who left it there.

It's like herding cats! You just gotta be prepared to keep sending and re-sending, explaining and re-explaining and still be ready when the student shows up without essential equipment or essential preparation. Just keep in mind that every student will get to the goal eventually, in their own unique way, if the instructor keeps trying.

Laugh a lot. It helps to laugh a lot.

And say "it's okay, we'll get this figured out" a lot.

I miss my students (can no longer teach since I became so disabled <sigh>).

Actually it depends on the school where you live. Our Middle School always had the science fair in the cafeteria, and some of the Science Fair projects were large and took up space. So they would send a note home asking parents to pick up the SF projects immediately after school on the day it was over. No, it wasn't convenient and I'm sure not every parent could do it, but I guess they figured lots of parents picked up kids anyway and it would get the majority of projects off their hands.

Still, none of that rules out the theory that Terri had a plan and used the Science Fair as an excuse to use the truck. Maybe there was a note about picking up projects. The only problem is, Terri didn't do it!

To me it's just so weird that she left the school that morning, drove around, then waited for the bus that afternoon in spite of having the truck. For that matter, Kaine was home that afternoon. Why didn't Terri ask him to go get Kyron and the SF project in the truck? I've never understood that at all. Maybe Terri didn't expect Kaine to be home that day?

But I agree that the whole aim from the beginning must have been to blame the school or the busdriver for the disappearance. Nothing else really fits the facts of the case.

Oh no, I would get picking up the project at the end of the day but picking it up in the morning hours makes zero sense. As if parents would leave work at come pick up the projects in the middle of the day? Doubt it. I doubt a school would expect that or require that. It was all a part of her web o' lies. Why didn't Kaine ask her where the project was? So many questions. Kaine said he often works from home so I reckon that possibility was always real that he would be around. IMO Terri wanted nothing to do with being at that school to pick Kyron up and we all know why. So sad.

I think that you hit the nail on the head right here. Terri had to go down to the bus stop with Kaine to make it look like something other than what it was. If she had stayed at the house, that in and of itself would have sent off some indicators (in hind sight, of course). It would have made it look like she knew that Kyron was not going to get off the bus. She had to play along (part of her deception).

I don't think that she knew that Kaine was going to be home that afternoon. If they were already having problems, then communicating was probably not high on their priority list.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spamyspam
Back