Truck/project on Thursday afternoon Revisit w/new 2010.11.12 Dateline info

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
According to Desiree, Terri obviously (her word) didn't know when she was supposed to pick up the project. Transcription upthread.

I believe her because, personally, I 'rate' Desiree's statements more highly for credibility than Kaine's, because Desiree's statements have had far fewer inconsistencies.

Terri obviously not knowing when to pick it up seems to be a mitigating factor, actually. Because she might have arranged to have the truck in anticipation that she *might* be bringing it home that day. So she would be prepared.

However, Kaine seems very clear that she definitely stated her intention to pick it up that day.

So, it you take Desiree's statements as more credible, I would be inclined to see taking the truck as potentially innocent, in and of itself. Whereas if I take Kaine's statement as authoritative, I'd be more likely to think it was a devious trick on Terri's part, to have the truck for nefarious purposes.

JMO

Your memory serves you right gwenabob. This WAS NOT their first science fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IIRC, this was an IB Expo which is different than the SF and a new process for them.

ETA: oops sorry I guess this is already being discussed.

It occurs to me that Kaine also was expecting Kyron to ride the bus home, that's why they walked down to meet Kyron at the bus stop, with Kaine in lead. Kaine also said, in at least one interview, that riding the bus was one of Kyron's most fun things to do.

I questioned early on, why didn't Terri just go back to the school and pick up Kyron and the project at the end of the school day, instead of "making" Kyron take the bus home. It was pointed out to me that Kyron would rather take the bus, as per Kaine.

Yes, this was definitely one of the points that Kaine mentioned as making her story not make sense. If he was riding the bus home, why would she need the truck to pick up the project? Assuming it was supposed to come home that day, why would she not have planned to pick him and the project up?

But then, that was Kaine's first thought when he didn't get off the bus--that Kyron expected to be picked up. Which seems to indicate that there was lack of clarity about the afternoon plans, in general. Was Kyron being picked up? Was his project being picked up?

I'm getting frustrated...

JMO

OK so let's throw a little more doubt into this story. If Terri was waiting in the afternoon to pick up the science project, how would Kyron have known to take the bus?

He drove in with Terri might he not expect her to pick him up and his project? I guess she might have told him to take the bus but I can't know that in light of her "seeming" to not know much about picking up the project even though she borrowed Kaine's truck for this purpose.

Terri doesn't have the presence of mind to know when to pick up the project but she somehow expects Kyron to be on the bus that afternoon? No, if she was waiting with no answer about when to pick up the project she should worry about Kyron, whether he was waiting for her to return to pick up his project and no way would a child be able to reason that Terri never came I should get on the bus. That is expecting too much of a child.

I mean with all of this confusion about when Terri would be at the school to pick up the science project (which I doubt, I believe parents had to have been given an agenda) why would Kyron ride the bus home?

This whole truck issue is something that is not adding up.

ITA Grandmaj, Then add to that Kyron was scheduled to be in the talent show at 1pm. No one ever mentions that, but it is the strangest thing in my mind. If Terri had been there she could have picked up his project after the show.

I think that was a big red flag for LE, her not going to that show. I don't have a link but heard at the time it raised the brow of the FBI.

I'm not sure that post answers the question of whether or not this was the first time this school named their SF an "IB expo", but this was not the first time that the SR was held at the school, according to the school's PTA president, who stated that Kyron was excites about the Sf that they hold each year.

Sounds good to me. If my reply wasn't an appropriate answer oh well. Just glad to see that there is something confirming what several of us thought to be the case (i.e. ThAt this was NOT THE FIRST YEAR for them to have science fair)..

I don't have a need to be the one that always has the right Answer.. I have a need to get to what's fact and what is not especially with particulars such as this thAt have been established so very long ago. So the quicker they are indeed confirmed the quicker we can move to the next fact that needs to be discussed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It occurs to me that Kaine also was expecting Kyron to ride the bus home, that's why they walked down to meet Kyron at the bus stop, with Kaine in lead. Kaine also said, in at least one interview, that riding the bus was one of Kyron's most fun things to do.

I questioned early on, why didn't Terri just go back to the school and pick up Kyron and the project at the end of the school day, instead of "making" Kyron take the bus home. It was pointed out to me that Kyron would rather take the bus, as per Kaine.

I don't know it seems like the pieces don't fit. All of this confusion.

If it is said somewhere, I don't disbelieve it, I just have never seen it. Not pointed at you Billy. If that is the case why didn't Kaine walk down to pick up Kyron at the bus stop and Terri high tale it over to the school to pick up the science project since school had ended?

ITA Grandmaj, Then add to that Kyron was scheduled to be in the talent show at 1pm. No one ever mentions that, but it is the strangest thing in my mind. If Terri had been there she could have picked up his project after the show.

I think that was a big red flag for LE, her not going to that show. I don't have a link but heard at the time it raised the brow of the FBI.

Would love to see that link Scandi, because I've been searching since the second week of June, just to find out whether or not Kyron was really even scheduled to be in the talent show......and guess what? Nobody's talking. (I'm sure there are a few reporters who'd like that answer too!) Even Kaine & Desiree can't seem to answer that question. Bring on the link, or a quote from your source, would love to see it!

IIRC, this was an IB Expo which is different than the SF and a new process for them.

ETA: oops sorry I guess this is already being discussed.

It might be called an IB Exhibit versus a Science Fair, but the mechanics of it are the same. Kids work on a project, and make an exhibit to display for the other students and parents. They did this or something similar every year. IMO, to say this was the first time, only because the name is different, is disingenuous. Whatever it may have been called in years past, the school did something like this every year.

I'm sorry to belabour the issue, but it is the first I've heard that the SF/IB Expo(which is how it was labeled on the billboard...didn't indicate that the school felt these were seperate events) was a first for the school. The MSM sites only refer to the event as an SF. The assertion that this was a first for the school contradicts what I've heard, so I thought it was important to try and get some clarity. I apologize if this was out of line. But I'm still confused.

What is "IB"? (sorry for asking, especially if it's "semantics")

It might be called an IB Exhibit versus a Science Fair, but the mechanics of it are the same. Kids work on a project, and make an exhibit to display for the other students and parents. They did this or something similar every year. IMO, to say this was the first time, only because the name is different, is disingenuous. Whatever it may have been called in years past, the school did something like this every year.

But that's not what you said here.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5314809&postcount=45"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - The Science Fair-IB Expo and the Electric Project[/ame]

It is true they are different things as in judging and awards. But as I said, the mechanics of it are the same. They work on a project, they make a display, and all the other students and parent come and look at them. It may have been a "science fair" in the past, but now, because they were trying to get IB status, they call it an IB exhibit, and it might have slightly different criteria. But the "exhibit" part is the same.

It is true they are different things as in judging and awards. But as I said, the mechanics of it are the same. They work on a project, they make a display, and all the other students and parent come and look at them. It may have been a "science fair" in the past, but now, because they were trying to get IB status, they call it an IB exhibit, and it might have slightly different criteria. But the "exhibit" part is the same.

Which then indicates that an IB Expo was a new experience for the school.

Would love to see that link Scandi, because I've been searching since the second week of June, just to find out whether or not Kyron was really even scheduled to be in the talent show......and guess what? Nobody's talking. (I'm sure there are a few reporters who'd like that answer too!) Even Kaine & Desiree can't seem to answer that question. Bring on the link, or a quote from your source, would love to see it!

Hi Bilylee, I've been sitting here thinking the same thing. I've read allot about the science fair and that it wasn't really that, but rather an IB Expo just like has been posted here. No one paid much attention to that cause it has been referred to all along as a science fair - our attention to detail has been slack on that point.

In keeping with the second affair of the day at Skyline E, I know this thread isn't about the talent show but feel there is a relationship there as Kyron was participating in both extraciricular [sp] events. Therefore Terri could have driven the truck back to school for the talent show and grabbed his project and taken both Kyron and his project back home.

I think part of the problem is we are using info from the media. We know we can't believe whatever Terri has said about that day. And it seems Kaine appreciated Kyrons effort on his project but wasn't too tuned into the specifics of that day at school. He said something like why would Terri be at school to take Kyron's project at 8:45, before the SF/IB had even started? What's up with that? We've read here the fair was from 8 to 10am. I think the media screws up allot of info, as always. And we count on that info as it is a way of confirming something. :banghead: :banghead:

As to my source I don't have a link, it would be heresay in court. I did hear what I wrote from a person who knows someone involved in the case very early on and they told her this. It was just interesting to hear what points about the case interested LE. I could give her name and number to a Mod but it would still be heresay. I didn't talk to the person working on Kyron's case. Hope that makes sense. xox

Tomoz I'm going to call the school and just ask about the talent show. Did many parents go to it or was it only for the students?

Remember the photo Terri took at a previous school performance where Kyron was in the front row singing? The baby was in the photos so we know Terri took them. I think it was a similar type event for both students and parents.

I'll post what I learn here tomoz night xox

Can I ask you all one question? What difference does it make if this was the first year or not?

Move on please.

Now, lets get back to the Science Fair/IB Fair and the truck..... Thank You :)

To answer your question, then I will drop it, it matters because Terri should have known the routine by now.

Can I ask you all one question? What difference does it make if this was the first year or not?

Move on please.

Now, lets get back to the Science Fair/IB Fair and the truck..... Thank You :)

I'll answer your question, even though I think it was rhetorical :)

It's important because the IB criteria was much more valuable to the school as a whole, the projects therefore reflecting a level of academic achievement above and beyond the everyday science fair. Attaining an IB status is very prestigious, especially to a school like Skyline, whose student body seems to be not just from the neighborhood, but revered as exceptionally driven. The school's reputation is only enhanced with the IB qualification.

There was a lot of pressure to make it all go very well. Part of that was functioning still as a school, following procedures, getting people through to look at the projects then out the door to start school. Only, in Kyron's case, something went horribly awry. The current focus is on Terri, but for me, I think there were a few FAILS along the way of how the school did things. They have definitely learned, but the cost is too precious.

That was my reason for continuing.

OK Debs I get it...... so perhaps there were fails. Let's take it from there OK? If that is what you believe that is valid.

What are the fails that day? How might it be responsible?

For others who do feel that Terri knew the agenda you take it from there.

I'm trying to keep us together discussing. Last week Kyron's forum was empty. We are revisiting lets see if we can learn anything new just by raising questions that may trigger new thoughs in this regard.

:grouphug:

one of the kids who testified at the GJ was to be his partner, iirc A 9-year-old. Nursebeeme posted a link in the GJ thread in the refernece area, but its a video link, and the current content is not the same. His mother gave an interview.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ANicholls16
Back