True Crime Movies

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just learned that the TV movie The Marcus-Nelson Murders, which led to the Kojak detective series, was inspired by the slayings of Emily Hoffert and Janice Wylie. The so-called Career Girls Murders happened 50 years ago tomorrow.

Today I heard that there's a new John Wayne Gacy feature film in the works based on the book Defending a Monster. I don't know if that is going to be the title of the movie or when the projected release date would be.

Today I heard that there's a new John Wayne Gacy feature film in the works based on the book Defending a Monster. I don't know if that is going to be the title of the movie or when the projected release date would be.

The film will supposedly be produced by Patty West.

I don't see anything about it on IMDb yet.

Thanks - that looks like the most recent report on the project.
Standreid have you read the book 'Buried Dreams' by Tim Cahill(sometimes Rolling Stone and Outdoor writer) about the Gacy case?
It would be nice to see a movie about these murders done a little higher budget then the TV Movie treatment it has gotten so far.

I've seen the book at the store but I haven't read it.

I see there's a report that the Cleveland Torso movie is back on the burner - wonder if it will ever be made -

I see there's a report that the Cleveland Torso movie is back on the burner - wonder if it will ever be made -
You know if they dont go at it from the Elliot Ness angle that one would be a challenging screenplay to write.
Very bizzare case as well as complicated and nothing even close to resolution.
Its amazing how many people have never heard of this case.
They may have heard the phrase 'Cleveland Torso Murderer' but they dont know anything about the case.

Yes, I have it at #1 on my list, right ahead of Jack the Ripper. The case pretty much has it all including a famous "detective".

Yes, I have it at #1 on my list, right ahead of Jack the Ripper. The case pretty much has it all including a famous "detective".
Six John Does and Four Jane Does....that still blows my mind even for Deppression era Cleveland that seems preposterous.... we have a 'Torso' thread on Websleuth dont we?
I need to go back and check it out.
And yeah Im with you for a REAL intricate facinating Unsolved,the Torso Murderer puts the Whitechappel killer in deep shade in my book.
One thing DO they have in common: Recently someone floated the theory that there was no Torso Killer just 12 seperate unconnected homicides that coincidentily........ect.ect.

That increased freedom might make it a better movie.

Brilliant thread you have going here Standreid! I confess that I've only seen the 2007 Zodiac movie and perhaps a few other true crime movies in my forensics class (the titles of which I cannot recall at the moment). After I finish through my current Basil Rathbone Holmes movies marathon, I will get started on your list right away!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smcox01
Back