True Crime Movies

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks. I'll keep my eye out for it. There is an older movie about the case....I think it has Elizabeth Montgomery playing the part of Lizzie Borden, but I can't think of the name of the movie off the top of my head.

I do recall it not being all that great, though it has been a decade since I've seen it.

Yes, The Legend of Lizzie Borden from 1975 which I actually liked. It would be a good one for this 120th anniversary weekend.

IMDb also lists a 1999 Lizzie Borden TV movie but it's apparently a production of the opera version.

Yep, X was originally on HBO I believe.

Citizen X is a very good movie but it detracts somewhat (maybe that's just me) when they are speaking English and I know they really didn't.

I thought "Capote", which is a bit of a stretch because it is a biopic focusing on Truman Capote's writing "In Cold Blood", was an EXCELLENT movie!!!

The Elizabeth Montgomery version will have to do for now.

The Snowtown Murders -- about Australia's worst serial killer, John Bunting, and his accomplices. Incredibly graphic (in case you're squeamish).

That's one I'd like to find.

That's one I'd like to find.
Standreid,theres also a an indie movie coming out supposedly this year called"In a Madman's World" about the Houston Mass Murders of the early 70's.
The Filmmaker has interviewed Dean Corll's acompliss Wayne Henley pretty extensively in prison and recieved permission from Henley's mother to go through the contents of his room that she's had stored in an old School Bus since 1973.
He's using a bunch of posters from Henley's room for set dressing and has the young actor playing Henley wearing his actual cloths(no thanks).
While going through the stuff he found an old polaroid photo showing a bound young boy in front of Corll's tool chest of torture implements who isnt one of the known victims or one of the Unidentified bodies according to the Harris County M.E.

Thanks Kline. If done properly, that could be an interesting one.

Thanks Kline. If done properly, that could be an interesting one.
I hope it is,its a facinating case, but I get the impression this guy is not working with a huge budget,though thats not always the deal breaker for a good movie.
I do know he has spent alot of time talking to Henley and Rhonda Willaims the girl who survived the night Corll was killed...she's really in the 'Poor Wayne Henley was led astray by Corll" camp so I really hope the script doesnt try and validate the B.S. Mea Cupla Henley has been trying to fob off for the last 20 years or so.
Im sure the victim's families would find that most offensive.

Yes, The Town That Dreaded Sundown was shot on a shoestring and looked it but it's one of my favorite true-crime films.

Yes, The Town That Dreaded Sundown was shot on a shoestring and looked it but it's one of my favorite true-crime films.
Ditto for'The Town That Dreaded Sundown'!
Another movie based on a facinating if not widely known true case.
I saw it for the first time in my little hometown theater in Montana back in the '70's...left the theater afterwards in broad daylight and still seriously creeped out walking home!

I saw it at the theater when it was out first run as well. It was the movie that started the genre that led to Halloween and Friday the 13th, I believe.

They didn't have a problem leaving the story unresolved either. Recent movie producers presenting unsolved cases think they have to "solve" the case at the end to satisfy the audience. That movie should have been a lesson to them.

! back in the good old days when movies made us scared instead of homicidal. :shakes head in fear for the future:

I saw it at the theater when it was out first run as well. It was the movie that started the genre that led to Halloween and Friday the 13th, I believe.

I don't know if it was or not but The Town That Dreaded Sundown could have been a model for Unsolved Mysteries as well.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back