TURKEY - George Smith, 26, missing from cruise ship, July 2005

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
lilsister said:
IWillgo, that is a very interesting theory and quite plausible. However, I don't think it is that easy to fall overboard...you really need to put forth an effort to do so because the walls are so high. I saw the balcony on Greta and that was one of the points she made---I know this point has already been made. Again, interesting theory.

Add that to the fact that there was blood in the room in a couple of different locations and you have more than a mere temper tantrum, in my opinion.

Jeana (DP) said:
Add that to the fact that there was blood in the room in a couple of different locations and you have more than a mere temper tantrum, in my opinion.
I couldn't agree with you more Jeana. And I don't think it is implausible to suggest that a crime had been committed on the ship. This stuff happens a lot more than people think, especially sexual assaults etc. A Cruise Line is always going to opt for the "accidental" explanation for anyone who goes missing from the ship...that is just the way it is.

Pinkhammer said:
Yup....that theory works for me. A couple of drunken idiots behaving badly, one of them removed from the gene pool just in time.
This is victim blaming, and it's absolutely uncalled for. You seem to take a sympathetic stance toward other victims.... like Natalee Holloway. But your above quote could apply to her too. She was drunk on a beach and got murdered. Do you feel the same way about her?

Jeana (DP) said:
There was just a small amout of blood in the room. A few drops here and there and some on a towel. George probably used the towel to stem the bleeding until it stopped.

In all this horrible series of events, there are a couple of humorous items:

1. Jennifer claiming not to remember anything.

2. Jennifer giving tips on Cruise Ship Safety. This is so ludicrous that I have not bothered to follow the links. I do hope she mentions that, while on your honeymoon, it is best to refrain from getting "falling down" drunk, openly flirting with other men, sleeping in the ships corridors and, of course, kicking your beloved husband in the genitals.

lilsister said:
IWillgo, that is a very interesting theory and quite plausible. However, I don't think it is that easy to fall overboard...you really need to put forth an effort to do so because the walls are so high. I saw the balcony on Greta and that was one of the points she made---I know this point has already been made. Again, interesting theory.
I believe Mr. Hymen, the cop next door, said there were a couple of minutes of complete silence before the awful thud. This does not sound like someone throwing a body over the railing. George used the chair to boost himself up on the railing. Mr. Hymen remembers hearing balcony chairs being moved.

Iwillgo- this is a very plausible theory, IMO. The only thing I can think of to dispute it is the closed sliding glass door, and the closed curtains. Why would he close the door? Any thoughts on that?:confused:

Amy Bradley went missing from a cruise on in March of 1998...I just saw the re-broadcast of this on Unsolved Mysteries. Apparently, on the morning they realized she was missing they asked the staff on the ship to lock down before letting everyone out at their destination, Curacao. They refused. Authorities believe that she did not fall overboard, although that was the Cruise Line's take from the beginning...just another accident. Bradley was really afraid of the ocean and reluctantly went on the cruise to begin with according to her parents. They insist she would never willingly go near the railings of the ship unless one of her family members was there with her and holding her.

mssheila said:
Iwillgo- this is a very plausible theory, IMO. The only thing I can think of to dispute it is the closed sliding glass door, and the closed curtains. Why would he close the door? Any thoughts on that?:confused:
George probably pushed his way thru the curtains without opening them. As for the sliding door, he may have closed the door out of habit to prevent smoke form getting in the room. Mr. Hymen noted cigarette butts on the balcony.

Iwillgo, then what was the thud exactly? George hitting his head, I guess?

lilsister said:
Iwillgo, then what was the thud exactly? George hitting his head, I guess?
The awful thud was george hitting the metal awning below. There is no doubt about that.

Iwillgo said:
The awful thud was george hitting the metal awning below. There is no doubt about that.
Ok, then what was below the metal awning...the sea or the deck?

IMO, if George was having such a temper tantrum that he was punching walls and furniture to the point of making himself bleed, there would be holes in walls or furniture thrown about or something.

JerseyGirl said:
IMO, if George was having such a temper tantrum that he was punching walls and furniture to the point of making himself bleed, there would be holes in walls or furniture thrown about or something.
That's true.... but I haven't heard whether there were any damages to the walls, or the furniture.

mssheila said:
That's true.... but I haven't heard whether there were any damages to the walls, or the furniture.
I haven't either. I was just going by what "Iwillgo" said in post #326 about nothing being found amiss:

Iwillgo said:
The couples next door thought the room was being trashed and that furniture was being thrown against the wall, but later nothing was found amiss. Why? Because you don't move walls.

Iwillgo said:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/smilies/emotbanghead.gif. George finally went out on the balcony to cool off, placed a chair near the railing, sat on the railing and fell over backwards in his intoxicated state. Probably landing on his head, causing a scalp laceration, serious bleeding, and eventually falling into the sea..
There's ALOT of blood on the canopy, so he'd have to have spent some time on it bleeding if your scenario is correct. If he cut his head ON the canopy during a fall, there would not be that much blood. IMO his head was cut prior to the fall.

Iwillgo said:
I believe Mr. Hymen, the cop next door, said there were a couple of minutes of complete silence before the awful thud. This does not sound like someone throwing a body over the railing. George used the chair to boost himself up on the railing. Mr. Hymen remembers hearing balcony chairs being moved.
Can someone please provide a link the story that mentions Mr. Hymen? I know a police officer with that name and wondering if it is one and the same.

JerseyGirl said:
I do not agree with your reasoning. The ships walls are called bunkheads and are probably made from a very strong composite material. They would not be broken by a fist blow.

OB RN said:
There's ALOT of blood on the canopy, so he'd have to have spent some time on it bleeding if your scenario is correct. If he cut his head ON the canopy during a fall, there would not be that much blood. IMO his head was cut prior to the fall.
Again, I don't agree with your reasoning. If George's head was cut before the fall there would be less blood on the metal canopy and more blood in the room or on the balcony. Instead, there were only small amounts of blood in the room and none to my knowledge on the balcony. I think I saw some mention of blood on the railing. If true, this was probably from his minor hand injury. We do not know how much time George spent lying on the canopy, but I suspect it would be several minutes at least, maybe much longer. The blood was not discovered until 8:30 in the morning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hustling01
Back