TURKEY - George Smith, 26, missing from cruise ship, July 2005

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Iwillgo said:
I do not agree with your reasoning. The ships walls are called bunkheads and are probably made from a very strong composite material. They would not be broken by a fist blow.
If the walls are that strong, would a fist against them make so much noise that it would sound to a neighboring passenger as if furniture were being thrown around or as if the room were being trashed? That's a heck of a lot of noise, IMO.

If he was laying on that canope for a 'couple of minutes'... I would think he'd have yelled or screamed for help.

On Nancy Grace they are saying the Bride has agreed to a proposed settlement with Royal Caribean.

His family is angry because they have a lawsuit and she is supposed to be part of that. They had no idea she was even negotiating with the cruise line!

the whole thing sickend me. I mean, how do you not tell the family about any of the negotiations? How do you put MONEY on your husbands life and information. JMO keep in mind.

Angels_Not_Forgotten said:
the whole thing sickend me. I mean, how do you not tell the family about any of the negotiations? How do you put MONEY on your husbands life and information. JMO keep in mind.

You are not anymore disgusted than I am right now.It sickened me as well. I hope the family turns around and sues her sorry *advertiser censored*.Just too much!

IMHO this wife has never fessed up to the truth about that night---Her settling a suit without his family's knowledge just blows me away!!!!!!!

She took and passed a lie detector test. Why would anyone feel she is with-holding info? Also, his family has cut ties/communication with her because they didn't understand why she wasn't there to protect her. I believe one of the employees or someone on that cruise slipped her a roofie and that's why she appeared "falling down drunk" and "couldn't remember anything". I also believe that he was pushed overboard. I just cannot figure out why.
frown.gif

Bree, George's sister, says that Jennifer has moved on. Has a new job, new apartment and new car and is living in Boston.

Iwillgo said:
emotbanghead.gif
I can see by the above posts that I will have to explain what happened here in more detail. George finally went out on the balcony to cool off, placed a chair near the railing, sat on the railing and fell over backwards in his intoxicated state. Probably landing on his head, causing a scalp laceration, serious bleeding, and eventually falling into the sea.
Was a chair found near the railing? And, how did the fall to the balcony cause the bleeding of his head or wherever? That balcony looks like a fairly smooth surface, nothing protuding to cause a wound that would bleed that heavily. What is the material construction of the balcony? Seems to me that fall would cause some bruising but no blood unless, as I said, there was a protruding object or the balcony is made of concrete!

Yeah said:
She took and passed a lie detector test. Why would anyone feel she is with-holding info? Also, his family has cut ties/communication with her because they didn't understand why she wasn't there to protect her. I believe one of the employees or someone on that cruise slipped her a roofie and that's why she appeared "falling down drunk" and "couldn't remember anything". I also believe that he was pushed overboard. I just cannot figure out why.http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/smilies/frown.gif
I am more upset that she doesnt keep the family in the loop, also with the whole not telling them what happened. she may not have done anything, but the family deserves to know everything she does and they do not.

Its not just the money thing, last night on NG the sister said that the night that her brother went missing, the wife said that she was not allowed ot talk to the family about what happened, but they found out that was a lie, I dont believe that the family should be able to profit, but I do believe they deserve answers, that being said, I dont see how she was so quick to settle either.

One of my friends know's Jennifer Smith very well as they are old family friends. She has mentioned Jennifer's grief to me on a couple of occasions. Although I am dying to ask her questions, I don't really feel comfortable doing that. Maybe I'll just ask her how Jennifer is doing.

Sally said:
Was a chair found near the railing? And, how did the fall to the balcony cause the bleeding of his head or wherever? That balcony looks like a fairly smooth surface, nothing protuding to cause a wound that would bleed that heavily. What is the material construction of the balcony? Seems to me that fall would cause some bruising but no blood unless, as I said, there was a protruding object or the balcony is made of concrete!
I've been on RC cruise. The balcony's are not too large at all, rather small in fact. There are two chairs and a small table already on them when you get there. They are of flimsy construction. And because of the space, the chairs are pretty much against the rail anyway. Hope that sheds soem light on what you're asking. :) And though I'm not positive, I'm think the fall could be enough to bust his head.

Before we are so critical of Jennifer for agreeing to a settlement without including the groom's family...think of this...

It's possible that the groom's family was not nice to Jennifer at all. They may have even thought she was responsible or somehow or accused her. I'm sure it got pretty ugly. Apparently they have not been communicating.

If some kind of accident happened to my husband, and there was a settlement involved -- I know that I would likely not include my in-laws in it!!!

I think the issue here is likely that they were married for such a short time. But legally, I think the settlement money would rightfully go to Jennifer. (not sure about that though.)

Was the amount of the settlement reported (just curious)?!

nightowl said:
Before we are so critical of Jennifer for agreeing to a settlement without including the groom's family...think of this...

It's possible that the groom's family was not nice to Jennifer at all. They may have even thought she was responsible or somehow or accused her. I'm sure it got pretty ugly. Apparently they have not been communicating.

If some kind of accident happened to my husband, and there was a settlement involved -- I know that I would likely not include my in-laws in it!!!

I think the issue here is likely that they were married for such a short time. But legally, I think the settlement money would rightfully go to Jennifer. (not sure about that though.)

Couldn't of said it better....:D

nightowl said:

Haven't heard an amount yet. I'm sure it'll leak out soon.

On NG it said the settlement wasn't just about the money, Jennifer will now have access to records and other items about the case from RC as was dictated by the settlement. Did anyone else see that?

Olivia77 said:
On NG it said the settlement wasn't just about the money, Jennifer will now have access to records and other items about the case from RC as was dictated by the settlement. Did anyone else see that?

Yes, saw that. That's part of the reason why George's sister and family are upst because it will preclude them from getting that info.. Bree also said last night very vehemently, that the family feels Jennifer hid or is hiding stuff from them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hustling01
Back