GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The first one (the body found in the sea) actually happened the day before, I wrote about it too as I saw some websites wrote about it earlier today.

Edit: I am aware of translation issues. I'm half turkish, so I am reading the news from all sources.

OK. I'm still confused though as the sea location given in the article higher up on this page seems to match the railway/walls location and the sea article still has a picture of SS (so it doesn't seem she was ruled out).

Engin BELLİ-Serhat ALAATTİNOĞLU / AHT

İstanbul Eminönü Cankurtaran'da bir kadın cesedi bulundu. Cesedin, iki hafta önce gün önce esrarengiz bir şekilde ortadan kaybolan Amerikalı fotoğrafçı Sarai Sierra (33) olabileceği ihtimali üzerine polis alarma geçti. Emniyet Müdürlüğü, ekiplerini bölgeye sevketti. Sahil Kennedy Caddesi'nde deniz fenerine 100 metre mesafede, tarihi surların hemen dibinde bulunan cesetin kimlik tespiti için polis araştırmasını sürdürüyor. Olay Yeri İnceleme ekipleri, cesedin bulunduğu bölgeyi güvenlik çemberini alarak güvenlik önlemlerine başvurdu.

Önceki gün de Fatih sahilinde bir kadın cesedi bulunmuş, ancak yapılan araştırmada cesedin Sarai Sierra'ya ait olmadığı anlaşılmıştı.

21 OCAK'TAN BU YANA KAYIP
Fotoğraf çekmek için İstanbul'a geldiği belirlenen Sarai Sierra, son olarak 21 Ocak Galata Köprüsü üzerinde Eminönü yönüne giderken MOBESE kameraları tarafından tespit edilmişti. Beyoğlu'nda bir pansiyonda eşyaları ve pasaportu bulunan Sierra'nın kaybolduğu gün internet üzerinde tanıştığı Taylan K. da gözaltına alınıp sorgulanmıştı. Taylan K., Amerikalı kadının sadece arkadaşı olduğunu, nerede bulunduğunu bilmediğini söylemişti. Olayın ardından Sierra'nın eşi ve kardeşi, İstanbul'a gelerek polise ifade vermiş ve kadının eşyalarını almıştı.

http://www.haberturk.com/gundem/haber/816824-istanbulda-sarai-sierra-alarmi

Peters PARTICULAR-Serhat ALAATTİNOĞLU / AHT

Istanbul Eminonu Ambulance found a woman's body. Body, mysteriously disappeared two weeks ago, days ago American photographer Sarai Sierra (33) may be the police were alerted of the possibility. Police Department, dispatched teams to the region. Kennedy Road, 100 meters from the coast lighthouse, located in the historic city walls at the foot of the police investigation continues for the identification of dead body. Crime Scene Investigation teams, taking the security measures applied to the body region where the circle of security.

A woman's body was found the day before the Fatih coast, however, the study was realized that the body does not belong to Sierra Sarai.

MISSING since January 21
Sarai came to Istanbul to take pictures of the Sierra, the last on January 21 Eminönü Galata Bridge was determined by the direction of the cameras MOBESE way. Sierra is a guest house located in Beyoglu, lost items and passport Taylan day he met on the internet, K. also taken into custody and questioned. Taylan K., an American woman is just a friend, said he did not know where it is located. Sierra after the event, his wife and his brother, made ​​a statement to the police and the woman's belongings had come to Istanbul.

Google translate

The first one (the body found in the sea) actually happened the day before, I wrote about it too as I saw some websites wrote about it earlier today.

Edit: I am aware of translation issues. I'm half turkish, so I am reading the news from all sources.

Yes the body at sea happened yesterday, but i too was confused about the mention o"lifegaurd" and thought maybe the article was talking about the the same deceased woman found in the sea. Then i got confused with the fact that it was reported a woman was found by railtracks and then another by the bottom of walls, (which like you said is the sam deceased woman).

It is the translation that makes things confusing.

OK. I'm still confused though as the sea location given in the article higher up on this page seems to match the railway/walls location and the sea article still has a picture of SS (so it doesn't seem she was ruled out).

Do you mean the one translated as "washed up in the shore"? I looked at the original article and it doesn't mention anything related to sea. Thats why I talked about the other body.

Its probably my mistake then... or wrong translation.

Istanbul Eminonu Ambulance found a woman's body. Body, mysteriously disappeared two weeks ago, days ago American photographer Sarai Sierra (33) may be the police were alerted of the possibility. Police Department, dispatched teams to the region. Kennedy Road, 100 meters from the coast lighthouse, located in the historic city walls at the foot of the police investigation continues for the identification of dead body.

Yes the body at sea happened yesterday, but i too was confused about the mention o"lifegaurd" and thought maybe the article was talking about the the same deceased woman found in the sea.
It is the translation that makes things confusing.

I see what happened there. The area is called Cankurtaran which literally means: lifesaver, lifeguard.

When searching more about the Fatih area, I stumbled across a google reference to a photography museum there. I wonder if they have checked any surveillance cameras, since it seems like something she may have been interested in? I saw another article from 1/23/2013, about their one-year celebration of being open.

(ETA - nevermind - the body near Fatih was the one in the sea that was not Sarai. The one in the old city walls is in a different area)

Fatih Municipality opens İstanbul Photography Museum

June will welcome the opening of the İstanbul Photography Museum in the Kadırga neighborhood of İstanbul’s historical peninsula.

http://www.marmara.gov.tr/eng_bulten/006/h11.html

Istanbul Eminonu Ambulance found a woman's body. Body, mysteriously disappeared two weeks ago, days ago American photographer Sarai Sierra (33) may be the police were alerted of the possibility. Police Department, dispatched teams to the region. Kennedy Road, 100 meters from the coast lighthouse, located in the historic city walls at the foot of the police investigation continues for the identification of dead body.

Thank you for this link. The full translation of the entire page also references the other body as not being Sarai. So I do indeed think this is a different one.

The bodies of two women... If one is not Sarai, they are still someone. :(

When searching more about the Fatih area, I stumbled across a google reference to a photography museum there. I wonder if they have checked any surveillance cameras, since it seems like something she may have been interested in? I saw another article from 1/23/2013, about their one-year celebration of being open.

(ETA - nevermind - the body near Fatih was the one in the sea that was not Sarai. The one in the old city walls is in a different area)

Great find. The photography museum would most definitely have been a place Sarai would be drawn to. Fingers crossed there is footage of somekind available.

Sarayburnu found a dead body at the bottom of the walls. At the end of a very large number of police investigation at the crime scene investigation yapıyor.Yapılan dead body has been missing for days, the U.S. was determined to belong to Sierra Sarai.
According to an audit conducted in Sierra Sarai's womb first stab wounds. The public prosecutor Huseyin Kaplan is doing at the crime scene investigation.

http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/gundem/22509010.asp

Walls of Constantinople are close by? Could that be it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member