GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I'm upset -- this is terribly sad. I'm really sorry that report from a couple hours ago turned out to be (probably) accurate.

The walls are the old citadel walls, giant masonry edifices you can see in the reportage. Although some reports talked of the body washing up, they are all implying this was a murder (stab wounds, etc.).

Tragically, the big question now is how long the body was where it was found. Was it in a spot where it would be discovered soon after having been placed, or was it secreted somewhere for days and just found now?

Sorry to all, what a horrible outcome.

Unfortunately the body has been identified as Sarai's. She had her driving license on her. She had a stab wound.

How horrible, I truly believed that she will be found alive.

p.s. The walls are the historic city walls.

What a sad outcome. I think we were all holding on to the hope that this wasn't the reason for Sarai's disappearance. My thoughts are with Sarai's loved ones at this terrible time.

They keep updating the original story in the same link. eta: sorry, this link: http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/gundem/22509010.asp

"Thrown from a high place" is the latest addition, I can hardly bear to read it.

One of the translations:

Turkey, the U.S. has been missing since January 21 Sarai was stabbed body was confirmed to belong to Sierra, then left at the scene said. The first investigation claimed that the body is being thrown from a high place Sarai stab wound to the belly of the Sierras, the report said.​

e75ed5cfdfdf659416f7a0066723b560.jpg

http://www.objektifhaber.com/dosyalar/images/e75ed5cfdfdf659416f7a0066723b560.jpg

What a sad outcome. I think we were all holding on to the hope that this wasn't the reason for Sarai's disappearance. My thoughts are with Sarai's loved ones at this terrible time.

I was convinced that she was still alive somewhere... because of the phone. That means someone has that phone and has turned it on, etc., if those reports are true.

Since Taylan had been released by LE, I wonder if this was in fact just a random crime?

I was convinced that she was still alive somewhere... because the phone. That means someone has that phone and has turned it on, etc., if those reports are true.

Since Taylan has been released by LE, I wonder if this was in fact just a random crime?

He was released before they found her, so I don't know... there might be evidence with her.

I know this was the most likely outcome, but I still feel shocked...

I hope they can determine when she died. 10 days ago or recently. Her disappearance has been so highly covered in the news that, if someone had her, they probably realized they needed to do something before she escaped, etc.

Could a body lie there for days without anyone seeing it?

How horrible. My thoughts and prayers are with her family. Forgive me if this sounds odd, but I take some small comfort in the fact that this happened on the last day of her trip, not the first.

(I always say a prayer when I travel that if anything happens to me, let it be on my way home, so at least I went out on a happy note.)

I feel especially bad for the two sons, who apparently had no idea their mom was missing. Such a tough age to lose a parent, it is incredibly sad for them as well as husband and family

To be thrown like that seems...Odd. Stabbing is also a very personal way of killing someone, it would seem this person might have had some personal contact w her rather than just a crazy person running the streets. Though I guess you cannot rule out a random just yet. Perhaps she was walking back from the bridge and a random crazy person got her.. People mentioned the neighborhood was not that great...very sad...

Hopefully they got some DNA evidence and can rule out/rule in some of the people we know she met...I cannot believe there would not be DNA. She seems to be a fighter so I would hope she stabbed him somewhere in the process..

I hope they can determine when she died. 10 days ago or recently. Her disappearance has been so highly covered in the news that, if someone had her, they probably realized they needed to do something before she escaped, etc.

Could a body lie there for days without anyone seeing it?

I'm leaning toward it happening the day she went missing. I think she had been held all this time then she probably would have had her ID taken, etc.

As sad as it it, I'm wondering if she was murdered just for her iPad and phone. Senseless and tragic. Have they mentioned if she was clothed? The posting about 9-detainees has me worried about other things. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kirstycrab