GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A little info about the Munich part from the friend who was supposed to go on the trip.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1301/29/sp.02.html

Also from this link:

RODRIGUEZ: Sarai is adventurous and she gets it in her mind she's going to do it. She did a lot of homework before she left. She did a lot of researching about the area, about where she was going to stay, the safest places to go, the time of days to travel.

She wasn't out at night and the landlord's been able to confirm that. She was home. She was home by herself, so this isn't a party girl. This isn't a girl that was going out there to have good times. She was out there to check out the architecture and the culture and just to get her European trip in.

I think it must have been or else how would they know it on. Also, I think the phone is (or was) must have had a WiFi connection for the Skype unless she has a Turkish SIM card. I hope so b/c maybe LE could then trace the IP address. It could be a public hotspot instead of a private account but that may still yield a surveillance video, etc.

When the cell phone was powered on, they should be able to trace the location of the phone.

According to Turkish media, "Taylan"/TK's phone and computer were seized by cops when he was interviewed. His house was also searched:

http://hurarsiv.hurriyet.com.tr/goster/ShowNew.aspx?id=22503086

Taylan K. 's "not in a relationship with Saria. Just friends. Do not know anything about the disappearance of "he suggested. K. Taylan's house in search of the telephone and computer were confiscated.

The body of Sarai'ye?
Istanbul Sarayburnu a woman's body was found washed up on shore. Sierra American women estimated to be lost body Sarai said.
dha.com.tr 02/02/2013 18:14

Share on linkedin Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on e-mail More Sharing Services

* Police at the scene to take a very strict security measures, strengthening the possibility that the body of Sarai'ye, it added.

http://www.dha.com.tr/haberdetay.asp?Newsid=422176

When the cell phone was powered on, they should be able to trace the location of the phone.

Right, but that's only true if she purchased a SIM card for use in Turkey. I haven't read up that much on her phone use there, but from what I've read on here, others have stated that she seemed to be using her phone only for Skype and internet access, hence Taylan's text that he hoped there would be wireless/internet (different translators translate the word differently).

Even if 'global ready', her phone would not work in Turkey if she did not have a SIM card to insert and use for the local network.

The question is: did she have a local card or not?

From what i can make out on a translation, a womans body has been found on railway tracks in Istanbul.

http://www.haber7.com/guncel/haber/985007-istanbul-cankurtaranda-kadin-cesedi

Lifeguard woman's body was found near railroad tracks Istanbul. Sierra Sarai body may belong to a U.S. citizen wanted by the police for days, the report said.

After that the losses involved in Beyoğlu home Sarai Sierra'dan Still no news of a U.S. citizen. Locality Ambulance several police team went into the area of ​​the body of the woman. The body may belong to missing Sierra said. To make a review of the crime scene police chiefs claim that Sierra strengthens the body. The police investigation at the scene continues.

This doesn't sound good, but i am confused...have three different bodies of three different woman been found. One in the sea, one near rail track and one near walls of the faith life??

This doesn't sound good, but i am confused...have three different bodies of three different woman been found. One in the sea, one near rail track and one near walls of the faith life??

No, there was a body found in the sea but it is proven that its not Sarai.

There is another body under the walls which is near the rail track.

İstanbul Cankurtaran'da bir kadına ait ceset bulundu. Surların altında bulunan cesedin, bir süre önce kaybolan Amerikalı turist Sarai Sierra'ya ait olabileceği belirtiliyor.

Olay yerine çok sayıda polis sevk edildi.

AYRINTILAR GELİYOR

http://www.haberturk.com/gundem/haber/816824-istanbulda-sarai-sierra-alarmi

Ambulance body of a woman found in Istanbul. Corpse at the bottom of the walls, some time ago lost American tourists could belong to Sierra Sarai said.

Large number of police were sent to the scene.

DETAILS COMING SOON

Google translate

No, there was a body found in the sea but it is proven that its not Sarai.

There is another body under the walls which is near the rail track.

I'm not sure that's correct. I think these all may be referring to the same body. There are translation issues, but the washed ashore article talks about Seraglio as does one of the articles about the body being found at the bottom of the walls... And even the railway tracks article uses the word lifeguard in the translation oddly.

I'm not sure that's correct. I think these all may be referring to the same body.

The first one (the body found in the sea) actually happened the day before, I wrote about it too as I saw some websites wrote about it earlier today.

Edit: I am aware of translation issues. I'm half turkish, so I am reading the news from all sources.

Here's another source - basically the same thing.... This doesn't sound good. :(

Fatih Cankurtaran surlarında polis ekipleri bir ceset buldu. Cesedin kaybolan ABD'li fotoğrafçı Sarai Sierra'ya ait olma ihtimaline karşı olay yerine çok sayıda ekip sevk edildi.

Polis, cesedin bulunduğu bölgede yoğun güvenlik önlemi aldı.

Google translate:

The police found a body in the walls of the Fatih Life. In case it is lost in the body of an American photographer Sarai Sierra team was dispatched to the scene, a large number of.
Police in the area of ​​the body has extensive security measures.
http://www.objektifhaber.com/sarai-sierra-bulundu-mu-155587-haber/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member