Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,
This is my first post. I live in Istanbul and must say feel very sad about what happened to SS.
As for the question of one of the users Instagram is a big society in Turkey. I am a user myself too and I took the whole day today searching her account and her dialogues with her followers.
One of her last photographs in Istanbul was a train rail close-up as part of a lowdownground challenge and I'm wondering if that train rail is the same rail that the police is investigating right now (as seen in the youtube video). Has she been there before with this Taylan person? We know she has met her twice. Maybe he took her there before?

Now they are saying in the tv that actually it is not possible to know it at this stage. Only the final report can tell if she was sexually assaulted.

But if sexually assaulted by a bunch of rowdy drunk guys who were "having their way with her", I would imagine the signs of sexual assault would be patently obvious. What is being described by tresptip is essentially a gang rape, right? I just think that would be easier to see from early on.

Hello all,
This is my first post. I live in Istanbul and must say feel very sad about what happened to SS.
As for the question of one of the users Instagram is a big society in Turkey. I am a user myself too and I took the whole day today searching her account and her dialogues with her followers.
One of her last photographs in Istanbul was a train rail close-up as part of a lowdownground challenge and I'm wondering if that train rail is the same rail that the police is investigating right now (as seen in the youtube video). Has she been there before with this Taylan person? We know she has met her twice. Maybe he took her there before?

I think I saw that picture, and assumed it was Amsterdam. Can you send a link or attach it?

That's interesting, as there aren't many train tracks in that part of Istanbul. In fact, judging by the area she was staying and spotted in, I'd go so far as to say that the Sirkeci train line would be the only line Sarai would have been likely to come across.

As a photographer though and an adventurous person, would you really return to the same place to take photos when you're somewhere as vast as Istanbul and it's your last day? Unless I was coerced there, there's no way I'd be spending my last hours in the city (and sadly, alive :-/) up there on the walls, especially if I'd already been there.

But they didn't have their way with her. she wasn't sexually assaulted. I cannot envision a bunch of rowdy drunk guys just beating her to death and pulling down her pants, but not touching her sexually, and then walking away.

I didn't say she was sexually assaulted,I said that they had their way with her.That doesn't neccesarily mean sex,but they just did with her what they wanted.
I also read that they found sperm on her body so if that was true,they could have master****** on her after killing her.Sorry to be so graphic ,I'm not good with words.

But if sexually assaulted by a bunch of rowdy drunk guys who were "having their way with her", I would imagine the signs of sexual assault would be patently obvious. What is being described by tresptip is essentially a gang rape, right? I just think that would be easier to see from early on.

No, I'm not suggesting gang rape. They obviously didn't want to do that according to tests.

From the discussion in Haberturk:

They are talking about about to tests to check sexual assault. They gave lots of details.

Summary: It is impossible to know at this stage. No reports about this has been published yet so the source "saying she wasn't raped" is UNKNOWN.

But Taylan said they never met on that day. If they did, then it'd be a very risky lie. The moment the police finds someone who say he saw them together, he will be the main suspect.

It may have been a lie worth risking, because if he admitted he met her, it would have been worse.

No, I'm not suggesting gang rape. They obviously didn't want to do that according to tests.

I don't know if the other locals will back me up, but believe me "The Accused" kind of events are very rare in Turkey, that is if there are any. Just like removing her pants to humiliate a woman. I have never heard of anything like these taking place in Turkey.

This might be a totally useless observation, but I wonder why she chose to explore that part of the city (and go to the Galata bridge) before taking the plane when she was there for 3 weeks. It was 3 weeks right? I hope I'm not mistaken. I know there are tons of places to see in Istanbul, it's just a personal observation.

I really don't know what to think, but somehow I'm having an hard time thinking she went there on her own and some random person attacked her.

Two things that caught my attention while going through her instagram account. She says in one of her pictures (under the name of never far from my mind) that she needs to cut her trip short due to "some complications with her school that needs to be handled in person" So she was intending to go before the actual return date.
And secondly, by far we all know taylan known as "taylloo" has deleted his account just after her murder and has switched to another name "sahhrudd". But there is another person who has done a similar thing. The name is "baustria". That account is also deleted.

Yes but unless asked, why would she say that?

Who knows, maybe she had a chronic problem with her feet..falling arches, bunions etc and was known to tote more supportive shoes along with her dressy boots that she was wearing. Only a best friend and family would know little details like this.

I don't know if the other locals will back me up, but believe me "The Accused" kind of events are very rare in Turkey, that is if there are any. Just like removing her pants to humiliate a woman. I have never heard of anything like these taking place in Turkey.

Yes, normally it doesn't happen, but obviously something happened THAT day.And it was horrible! It's good that it rarely happens,so when they do catch whoever did it ,hopefully it can never happen again.

There is a name next to it so it could be true. The people in discussing the case are: criminology, crime, psychology experts. One of them said how could media know it before a report is published. They also said if it is somebody she knew he might have used condom etc.

They've been discussing DNA bank in the UK for the 10 minutes. I am not sure how long I'll continue watching.

I just read this comment from someone...hmm.. What do you all think?

The Turkish police have detained several suspects and testing them for matching DNA evidence. This makes me think again on what I suggested before. That Sarai’s online friend might have been trying to set her up to be taken by a sex trafficking ring. But once the alarm was sounded and Sarai’s face was plastered all over the Internet and on Turkish TV, she became a liability and had to be killed.

It is very sad.

I don't think what you suggested could be true as they know that she died on 21st before even her family knew that she is missing.

Most of those people are the ones who live around with a criminal record.
Others are the people she met.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member