GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really feel bad that her children have not been told yet. I know the family thinks they are doing what is best for them, by protecting them, and waiting until they have their father there for comfort.

But as someone who professionally works with children and is trained in the field of psychology, the news is going to hit them especially hard, not only for losing their mother, but for being lied to by those around them, those they trust. They are bound to feel angry for being kept in the dark and this will only add to the pain they feel for losing their mother. In many ways they will feel betrayed, and it could create lifelong trust issues, always feeling like those they should trust could be hiding or withholding information from them.

My heart breaks for them. Again I am not trying to blame the family. I'm sure it is not their intention. But by delaying informing the boys this is the reality of what doing so may cause them.

I really feel bad that her children have not been told yet. I know the family thinks they are doing what is best for them, by protecting them, and waiting until they have their father there for comfort.

But as someone who professionally works with children and is trained in the field of psychology, the news is going to hit them especially hard, not only for losing their mother, but for being lied to by those around them, those they trust. They are bound to feel angry for being kept in the dark and this will only add to the pain they feel for losing their mother. In many ways they will feel betrayed, and it could create lifelong trust issues, always feeling like those they should trust could be hiding or withholding information from them.

My heart breaks for them. Again I am not trying to blame the family. I'm sure it is not their intention. But by delaying informing the boys this is the reality of what doing so may cause them.

Not to mention the confusion they must be experiencing right now. I'm sure those around them haven't been able to mask their grief, shock and just the outright devastation of losing SS. The children are used to speaking with their mother daily- it's been weeks since they've had any contact with her. Even if they have no access to outside sources like Google and the News, it wouldn't surprise me if they haven't pretty well guessed on their own by now that their mother is not coming home.

Is this the cave?

sarai-nin-montu-ve-cantasi-da-araniyor--3015226.Jpeg

Can you paste the link to the article this picture is from?

Belimom, they subsequently posted the exact spot they found the body, and I think you were actually pretty much exactly right in your guess.

It was found further down the coast, not that close to the point.

Well done!!!!

Okay - here it is just in case - I think someone had also said those archways are all around the island, but this does look like a good match:

Here is an aerial photo of Sarayburnu. This looks like the area to me, when compared to photos where Sarai was found. Locals may have a better idea if this is correct or not:

http://istanbul.net.tr/img08/foto/sizin/buyuk/7/sarayburnu__uygarelmastasi.jpg

attachment.php

A huge shoutout to all the LE scouring countless surveillance video, trying to spot SS and/or Taylan. What a time-consuming and tedious job.

While I am not judging the family, I'm sure the boys know that something is wrong. I can't imagine no one in their school mentioned it and having their dad go off for two weeks to pick up their mom would seem strange to any kid. While they don't have to tell the kids the whole truth, I think they should've at least said something happened to their mom. They are both old enough. Shame anyway you look at it.

Not true. If you do a factory rest on the iPad then you can no longer track it.

Huh? No, the iPad has an app that is part of the internal component of the hard drive. Even if you factory reset it, once you power up the iPad, it will turn on the app again. Unless you permanently disable the app, the iPad tracker will turn on.

Okay - here it is just in case - I think someone had also said those archways are all around the island, but this does look like a good match:

Good work! i think you're right. To the left of those is a part with pillars and a flat roof, I remember seeing photos of police on that roof during investigation.

Article with a new interview with her husband also

Jan. 7: Sarai Sierra arrives in Istanbul, rents room.
Jan 15: Goes to Amsterdam and Munich.
Jan 18: Returns to Istanbul.
Jan 19: Skypes with her husband, the last time he speaks to her. Posts pic on Instagram of New York City with tag, “Never far from my mind.”
Jan. 20: Skypes with her two sons, the last time they talk to each other.
Jan. 21: Due to fly back home. Sends sister instant message saying she’s going to take pictures at Galata Bridge before going to airport. Never checks in for flight.
Jan. 22: Husband reports her missing. Turkish authorities release video footage of her eating alone at an Istanbul mall. It’s not clear when images were recorded.
Jan 25: Istanbul police organize search with over 260 officers for Sierra.
Jan 27: Husband and brother fly to Turkey.
Feb. 2: Sierra’s body is found in a rundown section of Istanbul.
Feb. 3: Police say Sierra was killed by blow to the head. A witness claims to have seen a woman’s hand hanging from a bundle a man was leaving in the area previous night.
Feb. 4: Sierra’s body moved to an Armenian church in Istanbul.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...d-dead-turkey-article-1.1255469#ixzz2K38VTbq9

Which evidence is that?

The location of the body. A tourist would not just randomly be walking there.

I seriously doubt sarai would have gotten to that spot on her own. And even if she did, the idea that something random tourist from America happened to be there too, who also happened to be violent is quite frankly a huge stretch.

Now that I see the location on the latest photo upload I am even more convinced that she would not have gotten there on her own. Either she had been there before and was planning to meet someone again, or someone brought her to that place.

That is really off the beaten path, and more like a 45 min walk from the bridge.

Here in the states recently ,a man walked up to a random women in a store who had a child with her and stabbed the mother 12 times for no reason.
That is a pretty rageful thing to do to someone you don't know,never met.
There are violent people in the world that do violent things for no reason.

Agree, but in this case, the murderer(s) seem to know that there was a dead zone for cellular/wifi service and a blind spot where there are no surveillance cameras to assault and kill Sarai.

I don't think a tourist would be lurking and hiding out in that area waiting for just the right moment to kill another tourist. It has to be someone familiar with the area.

Can you paste the link to the article this picture is from?

The pic is from Milliyet (newspaper)

http://www.milliyet.com.tr/Haber/

When you click on it you get to the article that says they are looking for her bag and jacket

http://gundem.milliyet.com.tr/sarai-nin-montu-ve-cantasi-da-araniyor-/gundem/gundemdetay/05.02.2013/1664970/default.htm

But I couldn't be sure if it's real. I recall Milliyet's headline during the 9/11 saying "ABD Başkanı Kaçırıldı" meaning US President kidnapped. But when you click on it, it turns out they meant "taken to safe place".

By the way, being an Istanbuller, those places are very unsafe and look so. No tourist would want to go there.

When you click on it you get to the article that says they are looking for her bag and jacket

http://gundem.milliyet.com.tr/sarai-nin-montu-ve-cantasi-da-araniyor-/gundem/gundemdetay/05.02.2013/1664970/default.htm

But I couldn't be sure if it's real. I recall Milliyet's headline during the 9/11 saying "ABD Başkanı Kaçırıldı" meaning US President kidnapped. But when you click on it, it turns out they meant "taken to safe place".

By the way, being an Istanbuller, those places are very unsafe and look so. No tourist would want to go there.

Agree, no tourist would want to go there unless they were accompanied by someone they trust, or their dead body was dropped off there. I hope LE finds out whether she was actually killed in that location or was placed there in the aftermath.

Agreed that was my impression of them just going by them in a cab on my way to the yenikapi ferry docks.

IMO no tourist would wonder to that location on their own. It would have been suggested to her by a local.

And if she had, I can see being close to the wall in other spots where there are no dwellings. But I don't believe she would have been walking around an area with those holes in the wall by herself. Even from a cab I could see broken bottles, and signs that homeless people lived there.

Thanks, I'll make it neater.

Turkish Airlines Chairman Hamdi Topcu, said they are ready to send Sarai Sierra's funeral to her country for free. He posted that on twitter and asked her family or an official to make contact with his secretary.

I've actually seen some people commenting on news links why THY is not offering that.

What a wonderful gesture!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member