GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What? That the comment was made like 6 months ago?

Ahh got it. Yes, so Tarkan1971 and Taylloo/Sahhrudd are not the same person?

Well I think we all thought that taylan/taylloo/tarklan were the same person but this now makes me believe otherwise. Who is the tarklan1971 guy that posted a comment then? (mind boggling)

yes, and he claimed to have met her 4months ago. I mean, prob nothing but its something I noticed

My guess is, he said he met her 4 months before she got to Turkey. That was a over a month ago now. So that takes up a huge chunk of the time discrepancy. I suspect he just did the math wrong.

3am here in NYC, we should be receiving some early morning news updates from our wonderful translators very soon :)

Well that's something I haven't read before or maybe I missed it
"The tipster told authorities he next saw Sierra with the same man Jan. 21, at Topkapi Palace. "

First time I'm reading she was seen with someone other than TK on the 21st. Maybe someone trying to throw the trail.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/sex_twist_in_slay_lYI2ZWSxrarqmZMcWr9Q0O

Yesterday the previous head of Turkish Police (Police commissioner?) said on tv that they know American women earn about 10,000-15000 $ each time for carrying drugs from Europe to Turkey.

-I don't know if its true but it is very specific type of info.

I thought if she was carrying drugs, it would be from Turkey to Amsterdam, since drugs travel from Afghanistan to Europe via Turkey. And would payment to mule be made where delivered?

While traveling through Europe, I met an American guy in Italy who was visiting his sister who was languishing in prison after being accused of being a mule. He said she was innocent and had done someone a favor by taking a table from Morocco to Italy. Drugs were found in the hollows of the legs.

I think Sarai's itinerary was strange, I would have maximized my time in each place (no back and forth), but she was a novice traveler. Some reason I don't see her a mule, maybe her close ties to her church.

This is not going to be a very popular thing to say, but I have to say it.

Who cares if she had a voluntary sexual encounter? I mean sure, her husband cares. But the rest of us? Does the fact that she may be capable of infidelity make her death any less tragic? Does it make her children any less orphaned?

If she had stayed home and Steven had gone to Istanbul on this trip and he had a tryst, would it be nearly as scandalous? I doubt it. Would people be asking why a father of two went to Turkey alone? Would they be questioning his parenting skills?

I am so tired of people thinking that a woman is no longer a woman after the stick turns pink, that she becomes some sort of asexual mother being. Women like sex. Women crave sex. Heck, sex is how most of them became mothers. Married women stray, just like married men. It doesn't make them horrible creatures, it makes them human, the same way it makes men who cheat human. Bill Clinton had an intern in the oval office and people practically applauded.

I firmly believe that given the right set of circumstances, anyone is capable of cheating. That's not to say everyone will, just that there exists some scenario in which it could happen. We, men and women, strive to be good spouses, but the truth is, sometimes, we suck at it.

If Sarai strayed, and I'm not convinced she did, it in no way mitigates the horror that befell her. I think we look for flaws in victims' characters in an effort to assure our subconscious selves that it couldn't happen to us. That it couldn't just as easily have been us in that hole in the ground, beaten with a rock, because we never would have done X, Y or Z. It is people's way of assuming they have control of a situation that in reality, is completely random and uncontrollable. Victim blaming and shaming is people's way of controlling the fear that it could happen to them.

But you know what? It could have been me. It could have been any of us. Every day we all take calculated risks. Sure, we can mitigate some of the danger, but we cannot control it all. We get in our cars and drive. We walk through public places where criminals might seek victims. We take shortcuts in the dark. The simple fact is, it could have been us.

Sarai Sierra took some calculated risks. And she lost the percentages game. Hundreds, maybe thousands of American women traveled alone to Istanbul and came home safely. Sadly, Sarai did not. But it wasn't because she was human. It was because at some point, someone loses the game of calculated risks. And it was because some animal felt the need to kill her.

Originally Posted by KivaSupporter
Thank you belimom,

Well said and thought-provoking.

You sound like a wonderufl person I would like to be my friend.

God bless you! I hope you don't mind me saying so.
K.
Thank you... :blushing:... and same to you! But those beautiful words I quoted in the post your reference are from ToutCa. She said it much better than I could, although I completely agree. :seeya:

Thank you both!! I meant every word. But I AM a guy -- yes, some of us can write eloquently and passionately about respect for women...and not just about women!! :)

K.

Thank you both!! I meant every word. But I AM a guy -- yes, some of us can write eloquently and passionately about respect for women...and not just about women!! :)

Heh, earlier in the thread someone thought I was a guy. Maybe it's because my name ends in an O and yours ends in an A.

CONFIRMED:

Taylan did claim to have sex with SS Jan. 20 in bathroom of club or bar.

Taylan's real first name is Tarkan -- press now calls him "Tarkan K."

(looks like KuriousKev is on to him upthread a few posts -- sleuth away!)

Info printed in mainstream, reliable Turkish press this morning -

LINK

Sorry I just realized LAVY posted this last night. I'm weaving my way through 11 pages of posts I missed after I left yesterday!!!!

CONFIRMED:

Taylan did claim to have sex with SS Jan. 20 in bathroom of club or bar.

Taylan's real first name is Tarkan -- press now calls him "Tarkan K."

(looks like KuriousKev is on to him upthread a few posts -- sleuth away!)

Info printed in mainstream, reliable Turkish press this morning -

LINK

Why do I keep clicking on the links? I can't read Turkish! I click anyway!

If it was a homeless man why would they want a woman's jacket, she was quit small from all accounts. Also why would the have not taken her jewelry. I know somewhere it was reported to be gold.

True. I think maybe attacker had a wound himself. Lets say his hand was bleeding from the monstrous violence and wrapped around is hand to hide it.

it' not Turkish anything. but may be a play on a word.

---edit---

It appears as a Turkish name on the Internet though. And Internet never lies. An ancient one perhaps.

Interesting apparently it if from an Anatolian legend.

Though remember from Turkish grammar class Turkish words don't end with b,c,d,g.

Maybe he was just an online friend? or maybe a drug or gold connect who knows? Her brother does have an Islamic look though with the big beard.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/cxIrkC-tyxI/mqdefault.jpg

It said a Turkish-American friend whom contacted a friend who is a university professor.

:welcome5:

Yes, I think it seems strange. I think she mentioned on IG that she does have a regular dSLR camera. I think she doesn't haul it around often b/c she talked also of how she used her phone to take pictures as well. Perhaps she wanted to travel light and also stand out as a tourist...?

It still doesn't make sense to me to go around all day with an iphone. Their battery die quickly. I can understand iphone photography etc but I wouldn't do that myself.

Well that's something I haven't read before or maybe I missed it
"The tipster told authorities he next saw Sierra with the same man Jan. 21, at Topkapi Palace. "

I guess it should be fairly easy for the police to find out if she went there from the cameras.

Respectfully, intercourse in a bar rest room is a universal definition of infidelity I believe.

If there is a culture somewhere where this does not constitute infidelity but is rather a way of saying "hi, nice to meet you!", I will consider moving there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fat Cinnamon