GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing, I've pasted her conversation with Ammer here last night. The first time they exchanged the idea of visiting each other. It was only 5 weeks before today. If she was planning this trip for a long time, how is that possible?[/QUOTE]

Good catch! There are just too many timeline inconsistencies as mentioned in the numerous prior posts.

Is it very different in US?

Indeed it is.

All arrests and public charges laid are a matter of public record. The suspects' full identities' are known immediately.

Before that, it is up to the discretion of individual police departments. Some choose to leak liberally to the press, quickly and publicly naming "persons of interest", "suspects", etc. Sometimes they say they have a suspect but don't name them until the arrest. Sometimes they keep a tight lid and nothing much is known until an arrest.

In the USA, it is the arrest that is the moment when the identity is revealed, not conviction.

Good catch! There are just too many timeline inconsistencies as mentioned in the numerous prior posts.

Interestingly, her husband has two posts on his instagram account about quotes on cheating, posted 5 weeks ago. I've quoted those here last night, too.

If you go through the instagram accounts of SS, her husband and her brother you can see that there are almost no comments from her husband to her pictures and from hers to his. Her brother and husband share a lot of comments with each other but nothing between SS and her husband.

She is known among the ig society as a very responsive person in returning back gratitudes to the people who has comments on her pictures.

I think there might be something fishy with this carpet seller.He definately didn't give her his card to sell carpet to her.I think he offered her a way to make money but was maybe was flirting with her too.The other men could have been laughing because he struck out.
Was it said that they met a second time?

There are a few pictures of Amsterdam, few pictures of her Istanbul visit before Amsterdam and unfortunately very few after Amsterdam. No plane pictures, no skyline pictures, nothing at all from Munich. That seemed very strange to me as if maybe taking pictures is like a secondary intention or a disgusie for the real intension.

Another thing, I've pasted her conversation with Ammer here last night. The first time they exchanged the idea of visiting each other. It was only 5 weeks before today. If she was planning this trip for a long time, how is that possible?

So she didn't post a lot of pictures and she only used her phone. So what? She was a poor Puerto Rican girl who wanted an adventure abroad. None of us on here believe she "only" went to take photos. Obviously she wanted a foreign adventure and to meet, flirt with, and perhaps have romantic adventures with foreign men.

She could have been making use of her photography hobby to loosely cover up her desire for a fun foreign adventure. And the two do go hand in hand...

It has been said she planned the trip to Amsterdam before she left NYC. Either she already had the tickets and then met Ammer as she searched IG pals for a host, OR she bought the tickets on cheap travel websites after she met Ammer.

I still don't see how that makes her a drug mule. We need facts, solid evidence of that -- it all fits the picture of a woman looking for a fun foreign adventure, but concerned with softening the image of it to a respectable photography trip for certain of her loved ones.

One thing that seems weird to me is if she didn't carry her camera with her and if she was only using her phone to take pictures, and if she solely traveled for photography purposes why did she take so few pictures?

I'm an instagram user myself and I can not take pictures on a regular basis when I'm busy, but there are days when I say "today it's only shooting day" and I take tens of pictures. And many instagramers do that. Check out Her Amsterdam friend Ammer's photo feed on instagram for example. You scroll down tons of pictures to see the pictures taken one week before.

There are a few pictures of Amsterdam, few pictures of her Istanbul visit before Amsterdam and unfortunately very few after Amsterdam. No plane pictures, no skyline pictures, nothing at all from Munich. That seemed very strange to me as if maybe taking pictures is like a secondary intention or a disgusie for the real intension.

Another thing, I've pasted her conversation with Ammer here last night. The first time they exchanged the idea of visiting each other. It was only 5 weeks before today. If she was planning this trip for a long time, how is that possible?

I agree
1+1=3 ? see that doesn't add up either. I am still shaking my head (back and forth) Nothing, and I mean nothing about this trip makes any sense to me. If and that is a very, it would never happen if, by chance my spouse asked to go on a picture taking holiday and didn't take a camera, guess who is coming home to a empty house.This whole story stinks to me, has from day one.

I just thought of something else.

People were questioning why she went when she went. Why now? Why suddenly would she want to leave the country?

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this, but Sarai is from Staten Island. Staten Island was annihilated by Sandy. I wonder if she started planning this trip before or after the storm. It could be that the stress or the reality of the storm made her start to think about her life and her mortality. That could have been the catalyst for her to start having adventures.

Two scenarios on where SS may have been emotionally, why she took this trip abroad alone, and why she and her family may exaggerate the "IT WAS ALL ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY" storyline...

disclaimer: I have no knowledge of SS and this is all pure speculation

(1) Some months ago, SS discovers her husband has been cheating on her. She is devastated. She moves in with her mom temporarily and starts developing new focus on her desire for a college degree, new hobbies like photography and a renewed interest in male attention and foreign travel. Despite her family's misgivings, she insists on this trip abroad alone to find herself, engage in flirtation and perhaps more with her new male admirers and to clear her head and decide what to do with her marriage. She shades the truth to all sides for what will make things easiest for her.

(2) In reality, the relationship of SS and her husband had always been rocky. He cheated, she cheated, repeatedly over the years. Things gradually developed into a state of relative calm but both were quite well aware that the other might go outside the relationship on occasion. SS's husband didn't like how this solo foreign trip might make him look to his buds, but as long as she was discreet and used the cover of "photography", what could he do but allow it? After all, he had done far worse at the club himself or on weekend jaunts to Atlantic City.

Just two among many scenarios that might explain her actions and the fishiness of various aspects of the story. Just because she and her family and the trip don't seem to make total sense doesn't mean she was a drug mule or CIA or a shape-shifting supernatural being.

I think we're all impatient for the physical evidence to show who the attacker was so our speculation can take a more concrete direction!

I still don't see how that makes her a drug mule. We need facts, solid evidence of that -- it all fits the picture of a woman looking for a fun foreign adventure, but concerned with softening the image of it to a respectable photography trip for certain of her loved ones.

I didn't say it is a drug mule. Just writing the things that catch my attention and that do not match with what the press is saying.

I just thought of something else.

People were questioning why she went when she went. Why now? Why suddenly would she want to leave the country?

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this, but Sarai is from Staten Island. Staten Island was annihilated by Sandy. I wonder if she started planning this trip before or after the storm. It could be that the stress or the reality of the storm made her start to think about her life and her mortality. That could have been the catalyst for her to start having adventures.

Could be. I had a divorce after the earthquake in 1999 here for reasons you have mentioned, thinking on death, life and the meaning of life. And let's dont forget that she is married when she was 19. That's young. And she has two children as a young mom. That can make you question a lot of things.

Could be. I had a divorce after the earthquake in 1999 here for reasons you have mentioned, thinking on death, life and the meaning of life. And let's dont forget that she is married when she was 19. That's young. And she has two children as a young mom. That can make you question a lot of things.

Exactly. Honestly, it sounds like she was having a third life crisis (Like a mid-life crisis only in your mid-thirties)

Did Sarai ever bring a real camera with her? If not, does this seem strange to anyone else?

And has anyone heard if they received the gmail account password to investigate?

By the way, I've only heard they are waiting for Sarai's gmail account info, so the Milliyet article above (@Lavy) doesn't make sense - "camsab" on Jan. 28 - he arrived during the day on Jan. 28 (Turkey is 7 hours ahead, and the flight is a min. of 9.5 hours) - see there's light in the end of this video at the airport when he's interviewed: Family Of Missing American Tourist Arrives In Turkey - YouTube

We have discussed the camera issue exhaustively since the beginning of this case. You can go back a read some of the older posts.

Her password has been known since the beginning via her husband.
It was her deleted messages that gmail was tracking down for this investigation and they were received Monday in Istanbul.

The camsab conversation lavvy referenced was from the 20th.

As far is if being daylight...I have no idea what point you are trying to make at all...but most flights from the US to Istanbul are overnight, leave the day before and arrive during DAYLIGHT hrs in Istanbul....so I'm really not sure what you are asking in that comment.

Sarai's bag is missing. I don't think her shoes were missing, because reports say that she had an "extra pair of shoes" with her.

Also, how long would it take Apple to located an iPad? It should have been turned on by now, I'd think!

Yes we have heard the bag with the extra pair of shoes was found with her. What we were question was about the pair of shoes she was wearing.

I do not mean to sound rude, but can you please go back and read through the older posts, a lot of what you are saying we have discussed. If you go back and read through I think this thread will make a lot more sense to you then just jumping in.

That's terrible -- I am very sorry to hear it. I hope you are in a better place now.

I dont know how this is connected, but you were mentioning of a Turkish friend of her brother's here last night. Actually, if you go through his instagram account and see who he is following, you can see he has many Turkish friends and interestingly, he is a follower of igeristanbul, not igersparis, amsterdam but istanbul. I have no clue if he started following it before or after her death. But, it seems he has quite an interest in istanbul given the fact the ones he follows are very good photographers of especially the historical sights and everyday life of istanbul among the igistanbul community.

Yes we have heard the bag with the extra pair of shoes was found with her. What we were question was about the pair of shoes she was wearing.

I do not mean to sound rude, but can you please go back and read through the older posts, a lot of what you are saying we have discussed. If you go back and read through I think this thread will make a lot more sense to you then just jumping in.

True, but we have to be a little patient with newcomers.

There are almost 100 pages and over 2000 posts. That's overwhelming for anyone to sift through!

I read in one of the articles that she had a pair high heels,and a pair of running shoes. I doubt that she would have been carrying or wearing shoes with high heals while she was walking around long distances.It would make more sense that she left the high heels back at the hostel for when she was out on more dressy occasions.

That's terrible -- I am very sorry to hear it. I hope you are in a better place now.

:) I am definitely in a better place now, no worries. But the point is age 30 could be a very depressive age for a lot of women. Especially if you are married early in life. Natural catastrophes like that can bring out all the questionings that has been suppressed for a long long time and internet, the chats, twitter, facebook, instagram, etc seem like a first option for most people if they are not happily married and feeling lonely. You can start making delusional decisions as if you can get rid of everything by travelling to a new country and meeting a foreigner.

:) I am definitely in a better place now, no worries. But the point is age 30 could be a very depressive age for a lot of women. Especially if you are married early in life. Natural catastrophes like that can bring out all the questionings that has been suppressed for a long long time and internet, the chats, twitter, facebook, instagram, etc seem like a first option for most people if they are not happily married and feeling lonely. You can start making delusional decisions as if you can get rid of everything by travelling to a new country and meeting a foreigner.

Bet-
EXACTLY what I meant by a third life crisis.

And if that is her case, Turkey is NOT a safe country. If you are naively looking for an adventure, a new romance, some fun, in short if you are simply in a search there are a lot of men who can take advantage of that intention for many sick reasons. Maybe this is a universal problem applying to many big cities in the world but as living in Istanbul I can say it's not that safe in those terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member