GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And if that is her case, Turkey is NOT a safe country. If you are naively looking for an adventure, a new romance, some fun, in short if you are simply in a search there are a lot of men who can take advantage of that intention for many sick reasons. Maybe this is a universal problem applying to many big cities in the world but as living in Istanbul I can say it's not that safe in those terms.

In my opinion looking for romance is not safe anywhere ,especially if your only looking for flings.

One thing that seems weird to me is if she didn't carry her camera with her and if she was only using her phone to take pictures, and if she solely traveled for photography purposes why did she take so few pictures?

I'm an instagram user myself and I can not take pictures on a regular basis when I'm busy, but there are days when I say "today it's only shooting day" and I take tens of pictures. And many instagramers do that. Check out Her Amsterdam friend Ammer's photo feed on instagram for example. You scroll down tons of pictures to see the pictures taken one week before.

There are a few pictures of Amsterdam, few pictures of her Istanbul visit before Amsterdam and unfortunately very few after Amsterdam. No plane pictures, no skyline pictures, nothing at all from Munich. That seemed very strange to me as if maybe taking pictures is like a secondary intention or a disgusie for the real intension.

Another thing, I've pasted her conversation with Ammer here last night. The first time they exchanged the idea of visiting each other. It was only 5 weeks before today. If she was planning this trip for a long time, how is that possible?

That's not entirely tue I posted it yesterday. But I. A conversation btw them dated 6 weeks ago he asked her how her trip planning is coming, and she talks about how its been difficult to try and book the train from the US. And that was 6 weeks, so they must have originally spoken of it even prior to that.

Yes we have heard the bag with the extra pair of shoes was found with her. What we were question was about the pair of shoes she was wearing.

I do not mean to sound rude, but can you please go back and read through the older posts, a lot of what you are saying we have discussed. If you go back and read through I think this thread will make a lot more sense to you then just jumping in.

The Turkish article referenced said that 'camsab' wrote her on the 28th (the day he arrived in Istanbul). They haven't found her iPad, so unless she had an extra computer in her room, that's impossible.

I mention an "extra" pair of shoes, because that implies another pair of shoes were found with her body.

I've been following this case VERY closely, don't worry. I don't have answers, but I know the "facts" that have been mentioned in the media, and what we can tangibly prove...

In my opinion looking for romance is not safe anywhere ,especially if your only looking for flings.

So how is anyone supposed to fall in love if looking for romance isn't safe any place? I'm confused.

I think there might be something fishy with this carpet seller.He definately didn't give her his card to sell carpet to her.I think he offered her a way to make money but was maybe was flirting with her too.The other men could have been laughing because he struck out.
Was it said that they met a second time?

No I think you are mistaken, it is very common for salesmen to hand out their business cards. I'm not saying it couldn't mean more, just that doing so doesn't mean that it is more

That's not entirely tue I posted it yesterday. But I. A conversation btw them dated 6 weeks ago he asked her how her trip planning is coming, and she talks about how its been difficult to try and book the train from the US. And that was 6 weeks, so they must have originally spoken of it even prior to that.

That's true. But that's her general plans about the trip. The conversation I mentioned was the first time they've exchanged thoughts about meeting. And that was 5 weeks ago.

So how is anyone supposed to fall in love if looking for romance isn't safe any place? I'm confused.

Well, it's a chance you take. I took some extremely risky chances to meet the man I'm now with.

No, I think the point is if you're in the mid-life crisis you were mentioning and sooo bored of every little responsibility in your life, the motive being the escape from everything can make you think not properly. You can trust the people who are not trustable at all. It could take you to very delusional dreams. When you are in that state of mind no city is safe:)

I read in one of the articles that she had a pair high heels,and a pair of running shoes. I doubt that she would have been carrying or wearing shoes with high heals while she was walking around long distances.It would make more sense that she left the high heels back at the hostel for when she was out on more dressy occasions.

I believe the heels were wedge boots, and those were the shoes she was seen walking around in most of the time. I believe the shoes that they have mentioned finding were found in a small bag. So I doubt those would have been the shoes that she was wearing, otherwise they wouldn't have been in a small bag. I'm curious about the shoes she would have been wearing that day.

No I think you are mistaken, it is very common for salesmen to hand out their business cards. I'm not saying it couldn't mean more, just that doing so doesn't mean that it is more

Yes, but his friends were laughing in the background after he gave her his card.That sounds suspicious to me.They could have been laughing at something else too,but I wouldn't cross the situation out when investigating.

The Turkish article referenced said that 'camsab' wrote her on the 28th (the day he arrived in Istanbul). They haven't found her iPad, so unless she had an extra computer in her room, that's impossible.

Of course it's possible. Her husband had her login names and passwords, he logged in as her and the "camsab" conversation took place. Simple.

I mention an "extra" pair of shoes, because that implies another pair of shoes were found with her body.

ThinkHard has written a lot about this previously. Long story short, we don't know what shoes were found and if they were on her feet or not. Some stories said 2 pairs of shoes found at scene, some said her back-up pair was missing. None of them were clear whether the body itself had shoes on its feet.

I've been following this case VERY closely, don't worry. I don't have answers, but I know the "facts" that have been mentioned in the media, and what we can tangibly prove...

Can you post a link to that article.

I believe I had seen that camsab messaged sarai when her husband had activated her gmail account. Not that camsab arrived in Istanbul on the 28th.

It was also talked about before she was found that she would likely be carrying and extra pair of shoes. These extra shoes were also notably missing from her room. So it is my belief when they say extra shoes they are referencing this extra pair she would have been carrying.

The reason I had brought it up in the first place was because if her pants were removed then her shoes must have been removed. They mentioned finding the pants next to her at the scene but have not mentioned the shoes."

And btw I would hardly trust the media as facts, the have mixed up dates and info so many times in this story, the media has contradicted itself again and again.

Yes, but his friends were laughing in the background after he gave her his card.That sounds suspicious to me.They could have been laughing at something else too,but I wouldn't cross the situation out when investigating.

Everyone she had contact with should be investigated.

But sheesh, if teasing a man for talking to a pretty woman is grounds for suspicion, the entire world population would be in prison for life by now.

I think it's more likely that if his friends were laughing (and we have no idea of this is a true story) it was because the salesman was trying to hit on her, and she denied him, so he said if you change your mind ill show you the city, you can call me here. I think his buddies would have been laughing because his "game" wasnt working. I think ths sounds more likely then they would have been laughing because he was trying to recruit her for illegal activity.

Everyone she had contact with should be investigated.

But sheesh, if teasing a man for talking to a pretty woman is grounds for suspicion, the entire world population would be in prison for life by now.

The man the that gave her the card is who would be more of a POI not the men laughing.
You are really overexagerating everything I say in an extremely defensive way.Are you from that area?

I think it's more likely that if his friends were laughing (and we have no idea of this is a true story) it was because the salesman was trying to hit on her, and she denied him, so he said if you change your mind ill show you the city, you can call me here. I think his buddies would have been laughing because his "game" wasnt working. I think ths sounds more likely then they would have been laughing because he was trying to recruit her for illegal activity.

Very possible.

Ok so to summarize what did we learn overnight....

-Taylan did SAY he had sex with her but used a condom

- there was at least one other Turkish man she met in person and he happens to own a hostel in cankurtan

- in addition to emailing Taylan about where's my wife, camsab also communicated with Steven sierra as he was on under his wife's account

-a witness claims that a group of tour guides were with her at topkapi on the 21st

Anything else?

I took tresptip's comment to mean Istanbul isn't any more or less dangerous a place to fall in love than anywhere else is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member