GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I agree this is a HUGE stretch, LE has stated that they will investigate this case using a cell search.

I think the cell search is a fine idea. I'm for it, even if it's unlikely to lead anywhere.

I don't think LE would call anyone using a phone around there a "person of interest" though. I think they would say rather they are covering all possible evidentiary bases in a high-profile unsolved crime. There's a difference.

Uh oh.

This strikes me as a very weird thing for a police official to say -- why would it not be relevant if her pants and been torn off -- or pulled down???!!!

[Cue my worries there will be an attempt to give ol' Taylan a pass and pin it on some druggie]....

I was thinking maybe the police had removed her pants looking for injuries or signs of rape and then someone that saw her after it had been done presumed that was the way she was found and reported it that way.

No, doubtful. her her her...What about the kids?? If that's the case wouldn't she want to include the kids? IDK

I just thought of something else.

People were questioning why she went when she went. Why now? Why suddenly would she want to leave the country?

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this, but Sarai is from Staten Island. Staten Island was annihilated by Sandy. I wonder if she started planning this trip before or after the storm. It could be that the stress or the reality of the storm made [
B]her[/B] start to think about her life and her mortality. That could have been the catalyst for her to start having adventures.

"The married New York mother who was murdered while on a solo trip to Turkey was reportedly seen with a mystery man twice before her death - including the day she was supposed to fly home, it was revealed today.".......

"Now a witness has told Istanbul police that he saw Sierra speaking to a different man outside the city's Sultanahmet Mosque on January 11, just days after she arrived in the country.

He handed her a card and as she left the mosque, she took a walk with him and four or five other men, the witness claimed, Turkish newspaper Milliyet reported.

Sierra flew to Amsterdam on January 15 and to Munich the next day, returning to Istanbul on January 19. The witness said he then saw Sierra talking with the same man on January 21 at Topkapi Palace - the day she was due to fly home, but she never boarded the flight."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2274977/Sarai-Sierra-New-York-mother-seen-second-mystery-man.html#axzz2JfuRYaMM

I think I'm just going to put you ignore as you don't seem to understand anything I say.I would suggest you to put me on ignore as well.

I don't ignore people I merely disagree with, and I'm honestly sorry that you feel that is a productive way to resolve our discussion.

Please give us some links and translations! Thanks!!!!!
(I can't find it on Hurriyet).

From DHA (the news agency of milliyet and hurriyet)

http://www.dha.com.tr/cinayete-kurb...azistigi-taylan-son-dakika-haberi_424030.html

These are the paragraphs referring to the sexual relationship part

They were communicating via gmail and he was using the nickname Taylan but now it is declared that his real name is Tarkan K. Their list of conversations are sent from US to the Turkish police and after a thorough investigation nothing suspicious is found in their communication. 22 people were called in to give samples of blood and saliva.

İSTANBUL polisinin sır gibi sakladığı Sarai Sierra (33) cinayetiyle ilgili soruşturmanın şifreleri ortaya çıkmaya başladı. Sarai Sierra ile elektronik posta sağlayıcısı ‘Gmail’de ‘Taylan’ adını kullanarak görüşmeler yapan kişinin asıl isminin Tarkan K. olduğu bildirildi. ABD’den Sarai Sierra’nın internet üzerinden yaptığı tüm görüşmelerin dökümleri gönderildi ancak bu yazışmalarda şüpheli bir duruma rastlanmadı. İfadelerine başvurulan 22 kişinin kan ve tükürük örnekleri rıza gösterme tutanağıyla alındı. Bu konudaki mahkeme kararı daha sonra çıkarıldı.

THE DAY BEFORE HER DEATH
ÖLÜMDEN BİR GÜN ÖNCE

SS made a comment on Tarkan's photo about Istanbul posted in Aug. Tarkan commented back. This is the way the two has started communication. They have also talked on Skye after that. Tarkan K. stated to the police that the two has met on the 20th of June in Beyoglu, they went to a bar together and had sex at the toilet there.

Sarai Sierra, Tarkan K.’nin Ağustos ayında yüklediği İstanbul’la ilgili bir fotoğrafa yorum yaptı. Tarkan K. de Sarai Sierra’ya yanıt yazdı. İkili bu yolla tanıştı. Sohbetleri daha sonra internetten ücretsiz sesli görüşme sağlayan Skype programı üzerinden devam etti. Genç kadının öldürülmesinin ardından internet görüşmelerinin izini süren polisin bilgisine başvurduğu Tarkan K. Sarai Sierra ile 20 Ocak’ta Beyoğlu’nda buluştuğunu, birlikte bir bara gittilerini söyledi. Tarkan K., Sarai Sierra ile aralarındaki yakınlaşmanın ardından bar tuvaletinde birlikte olduklarını kaydetti.

I don't ignore people I merely disagree with, and I'm honestly sorry that you feel that is a productive way to resolve our discussion.

Sorry, I just don't feel like arguing with you about it right now.Maybe some other time.

From DHA (the news agency of milliyet and hurriyet)

But BET2173, that all says Taylan/Tarkan alleges they had sex Jan. 20 at the bar/club bathroom

THAT PART WE ALL AGREE IS CONFIRMED.

What is still unconfirmed is the report that Taylan claimed they had sex two different times and that he used a condom each time.

Do you have a link showing he really made that claim?

"The married New York mother who was murdered while on a solo trip to Turkey was reportedly seen with a mystery man twice before her death - including the day she was supposed to fly home, it was revealed today.".......

"Now a witness has told Istanbul police that he saw Sierra speaking to a different man outside the city's Sultanahmet Mosque on January 11, just days after she arrived in the country.

He handed her a card and as she left the mosque, she took a walk with him and four or five other men, the witness claimed, Turkish newspaper Milliyet reported.

Sierra flew to Amsterdam on January 15 and to Munich the next day, returning to Istanbul on January 19. The witness said he then saw Sierra talking with the same man on January 21 at Topkapi Palace - the day she was due to fly home, but she never boarded the flight."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2274977/Sarai-Sierra-New-York-mother-seen-second-mystery-man.html#axzz2JfuRYaMM

There's no way she would have been at topkapi on the 21st though, so I doubt a lot of this article.

There's no way she would have been at topkapi on the 21st though, so I doubt a lot of this article.

I'm assuming this is the same witness/set of events from a few pages back. The witness at that time stated they first saw SS with this man- thought nothing of it- and then saw her with the same man and 7 of his friends several days later. The witness claimed to have decided to report the incident to LE after the 2nd sighting (and news reports that SS had gone missing) because, claimed the person, this group had attacked women in the past.

What makes me doubt this witness- in addition to the point you just made about the fact that SS couldn't have been at Topkapi on the 21st- is that the witness didn't think anything of the alleged encounter the first time he/she saw SS and the man together. If the man and his friends have been known to victimize women in the past, why wouldn't the witness have been concerned after seeing SS with this man the first time? According to the witness' own statement- they saw SS with the man the first time, but thought nothing of it.

How do you see a woman with a known abuser and think nothing of it?

I'm assuming this is the same witness/set of events from a few pages back. The witness at that time stated they first saw SS with this man- thought nothing of it- and then saw her with the same man and 7 of his friends several days later. The witness claimed to have decided to report the incident to LE after the 2nd sighting (and news reports that SS had gone missing) because, claimed the person, this group had attacked women in the past.

What makes me doubt this witness- in addition to the point you just made about the fact that SS couldn't have been at Topkapi on the 21st- is that the witness didn't think anything of the alleged encounter the first time he/she saw SS and the man together. If the man and his friends have been known to victimize women in the past, why wouldn't the witness have been concerned after seeing SS with this man the first time? According to the witness' own statement- they saw SS with the man the first time, but thought nothing of it.

How do you see a woman with a known abuser and think nothing of it?

I'm getting thoughts of a coverup in my head but they aren't going anywhere.

But BET2173, that all says Taylan/Tarkan alleges they had sex Jan. 20 at the bar/club bathroom

THAT PART WE ALL AGREE IS CONFIRMED.

What is still unconfirmed is the report that Taylan claimed they had sex two different times and that he used a condom each time.

Do you have a link showing he really made that claim?

Oops sorry, no, no confirmation for that one:(

Especially when you are alone. Most people I know, including myself, are glued to their phones on commutes, in waiting rooms. They are a source of entertainment and our portal to the world. I guess she could have been busy reading instead, or actually talking on the phone (people still do that? Heh)

We have access to SS's IG account. Looking back through her pictures, is this the way that Sarai tended to use her account? Do you see a history of Sarai taking pictures of herself in various waiting rooms? If she has a history of posting pictures of every moment of her life, then her lack of pictures of every moment during her trip would be suspicious. If her IG history shows her as someone who only posts select pictures that she especially seemed proud of, or pictures in response to a friendly photo challenges, then her lack of IG pictures of her waiting room moments is not so strange at all.

I'm getting thoughts of a coverup in my head but they aren't going anywhere.

I hate to say it, but a coverup wouldn't surprise me at all. IF TK is a man of resources as some have speculated, how hard would it be to have a buddy claim to have seen something he never actually saw, in a place completely different from where SS was last seen? Generally I'm not big on the conspiracy theories, but with this case, I'd believe an alien space ship picked her up at those walls, killed her and beamed her back down to her final resting place. This. Is. Ridiculous.

We have access to SS's IG account. Looking back through her pictures, is this the way that Sarai tended to use her account? Do you see a history of Sarai taking pictures of herself in various waiting rooms? If she has a history of posting pictures of every moment of her life, then her lack of pictures of every moment during her trip would be suspicious. If her IG history shows her as someone who only posts select pictures that she especially seemed proud of, or pictures in response to a friendly photo challenges, then her lack of IG pictures of her waiting room moments is not so strange at all.

I meant that sitting in an airport, waiting for her flight, alone, there's a good possibility that she was playing on her phone to pass the time. It would have been a good opportunity to take a picture (in the airport like kurious mentioned). I saw it mentioned she was not a frequent traveler, there wouldn't be a history of posting such photos. for the waiting room, I just meant that is another place where people tend to play on their phones bc they are sitting around, often alone. Same for commuting. I didn't mean a waiting room was a good place to take pictures, nor that she did that. Nor that they would be of herself. I was merely agreeing with another poster that the airport was a good photo-op. most people I know on IG or FB do tend to take a picture or update their status or check-in when they are leaving/returning for vacation.

I meant that sitting in an airport, waiting for her flight, alone, there's a good possibility that she was playing on her phone to pass the time. It would have been a good opportunity to take a picture (in the airport like kurious mentioned). I saw it mentioned she was not a frequent traveler, there wouldn't be a history of posting such photos. for the waiting room, I just meant that is another place where people tend to play on their phones bc they are sitting around, often alone. Same for commuting. I didn't mean a waiting room was a good place to take pictures, nor that she did that. I was merely agreeing with another poster that the airport was a good photo-op. most people I know on IG or FB do tend to take a picture or update their status or check-in when they are leaving/returning for vacation.

I totally agree with you, esp. if this is her time abroad. This was her first time right? I remember somebody mentioning that.

For all we know, she spent the time in the airport skyping with Taylan or someone else. I know for a fact ewr has wifi

Take it with a grain of salt, but NY Daily News quotes the State Prosecutor in Turkey as saying Taylan is not a suspect in this case. That while yes, there was a sexual relationship, nothing he told LE raised any red flags.

LE also disputes the reports that SS was hanging out with any criminal element.

Also says she was found in a shirt and underwear, and that DNA was found on her body. LE confident the DNA will lead to her killer.

Article was updated 1 hour ago:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...ship-slain-mom-sarai-sierra-article-1.1257628

Does anyone know why and when her instagram account allthings_sarai was changed to memyself_sarai?

I totally agree with you, esp. if this is her time abroad. This was her first time right? I remember somebody mentioning that.

I meant that sitting in an airport, waiting for her flight, alone, there's a good possibility that she was playing on her phone to pass the time. It would have been a good opportunity to take a picture (in the airport like kurious mentioned). I saw it mentioned she was not a frequent traveler, there wouldn't be a history of posting such photos. for the waiting room, I just meant that is another place where people tend to play on their phones bc they are sitting around, often alone. Same for commuting. I didn't mean a waiting room was a good place to take pictures, nor that she did that. Nor that they would be of herself. I was merely agreeing with another poster that the airport was a good photo-op. most people I know on IG or FB do tend to take a picture or update their status or check-in when they are leaving/returning for vacation.

Yes, her first time out of the country period.

No photos while in transit makes me wonder if she didn't want to publicly broadcast her movements between locations in order to stay covert? IDK.

Passing through those European airports, passing all of the international shops, seeing never before sites, foreign signage and such....all the cool and exciting things photographers love to capture and share with followers. For me this is big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor