GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it's all in the perception.

In America, this looks like they are being honest and upfront. They raised enough money for the funeral, so now it's a memorial fund for the kids.

In Turkey, to some, it may look shady and like they are profiteering.

To me, personally, I don't really care, what those kids are going to need moving forward money cannot buy.

Yes, thanks a lot for this, I was going to mention that it could be a cultural difference, just like you have mentioned. When tragedies like this happen, as a person you put yourself into other people's shoes and I'm doing that for the last couple of days. As for me, if my sister, brother, husband died/ or worst murdered, I think I would be trying to cope with so many complicated feelings I would never find the energy to post anything to Instagram, at least it would take some time to do that, to sink in the very sad new. But again, that's me. :confused:

I'm quite hungry for new information. I really want to know what the gmail accounts will tell LE.

What do we know as FACTS right now?

Nothing new that I know of.

The @#$%#@$^@#%^%@%$#%@#$@# (many expletives deleted) NY Post.

They saw fit, the day Ms. Sierra's body is being flown back for her funeral, to publish their "Sierra = drug mule???!!!" article, based entirely on speculation.

That freakin killed the news cycle.

The entire Turkish press has spent the rest of the day translating it (poorly) and splashing it over everything.

For extra laughs some of them refer to the NY Post as "a leading American newspaper" LOL

They killed all the local Turkish reporting today. There is nothing else. NADA.

Golly gee whillikers, thanks for the public service, N Y Post!!!!

Outstanding journalism, you @#$%@#$%@#$%@#$% (more expletives)

I think the only good news is that LE/FBI are looking at all angles judging by all the theories going around. There must not be any new news as the media have had to fall back on the sex/drugs theories.

Yes I've read that. I know it doesn't have anything to do with the case. But I do have expertise in the area of children and psychology, and withholding that information has serious potential to cause further emotional damage for those two boys. They are bound to feel very betrayed by their loved ones.

When I read that they are being rot in seclusion, I really felt sorry for them. Imagine not knowing much except mom has been gone for too long, dad has left to get mom week ago and you are being kept out of school and church. At 11, I would be so worried, since my routine has been disrupted.:(

I get all that, and don't disagree. However, she has been described more than once as a meticulous planner. If she needed to get a certain class, she easily could have (and would have, IMO) registered prior to leaving, or would have scheduled the trip around her school obligations/requirements. To cut a trip abroad short- a trip she had so meticulously planned for, and struggled to be able to do in the first place, just to register for school does not make sense to me. It isn't like she took a long lunch one day to register for these classes. She took drastic measures and incurred fees that I imagine exceed the cost of a late registration would have cost. The registration deadlines have been the same for months now. Why a meticulous planner didn't plan for that makes me think she told people she had to come home to register b/c she didn't want to have to explain the real reason for leaving early.

That said, the real reason could be anything, and quite possibly has nothing to do with what ultimately happened to her. That said, however, IMO she did not cut her trip short to register for class.

Where in her posts on IG was it said that she had to go back to "register" for college? She never said that. She said she ran into a problem with the college she had to deal with in person. It could be ANYthing. A signature, a background check, a meeting with an advisor, a financial aid thing she had to sign, whatever....

About the drug mule stories - what is the evidence for this? Was she meeting with known drug dealers or buyers, was she emailing or texting people who are drug conduits about dropping off packages, was she seen carrying two bags with her and then suddenly had just one? Did she look nervous in the airport going through security after Amsterdam? I mean I get that the authorities have to look at all angles, but what evidence have we seen or heard about that puts this as a serious theory on the radar?

Ithink the drug mule story stems from not knowing why she went to Munich. She posted no pictures nor had friends there. In addition, the family wasn't forthcoming about that trip. Possible they didn't know why.

Yes, thanks a lot for this, I was going to mention that it could be a cultural difference, just like you have mentioned. When tragedies like this happen, as a person you put yourself into other people's shoes and I'm doing that for the last couple of days. As for me, if my sister, brother, husband died/ or worst murdered, I think I would be trying to cope with so many complicated feelings I would never find the energy to post anything to Instagram, at least it would take some time to do that, to sink in the very sad new. But again, that's me. :confused:

They literally couldn't afford to get her body home. Her body, her brother and her husband were in Turkey and they didn't have enough money to fly their wife/sister's body back to their home. What were they supposed to do? Sometimes you find yourself in a situation in which you cannot afford the luxury of sitting in place and dealing with your feelings. They are in a foreign country with zero emotional support and a body in a morgue. They did the most expedient thing possible to help get their loved one home to rest in peace. Thankfully the airline stepped in to help with that. I can imagine them feeling lost, alone, heartbroken and also pretty stuck.

I also admire that they sold something special, something particular to Sarai - they didn't ask for donations, set up a paypal account and hope for the best. I think it must have been painful but very apt as both a way to get her home as well as a tribute to her.

The first time I accidentally bumped into someone like that, I moved the very next day and went into hiding for a long time!Those people are not safe to know.

Yep I agree, but I am not scared of them. I do not find it "cool" or wtv to associate with anyone who involves themselves with the use or abuse of others even it be willingly thru shared illicit activity. I want nothing to do with it. The point is, it happens unbeknowst to us sometimes, which is what could have happened to Sarai unknowingly.

That said, I wonder if Sarai was just too friendly, and did not realize the characters she was meeting. That really is the NY way to think you are tough enough for anything, and she may have been over her head with one of these guys. I think that possible one of the Turkish meetups as more a possible "dark" individual on the social fringes, and would explain the horrible and extremely disrespectful way in which her body was treated, not just a murder, but a destructive force.

Ithink the drug mule story stems from not knowing why she went to Munich.

Her fam and friends claimed the early reports were wrong, and Munich was only a layover (of a few hours or a short overnight). Thus no photos.

The story has never really been clarified in public (flight numbers, accommodations, etc.). So yes, some murkiness there.

The NY Post doesn't care. Her hometown rag just wants to sell papers. With a story offering all old speculations. That swamped any new FACTS from emerging today. On the day her body returned to NYC!

:banghead:

Where in her posts on IG was it said that she had to go back to "register" for college? She never said that. She said she ran into a problem with the college she had to deal with in person. It could be ANYthing. A signature, a background check, a meeting with an advisor, a financial aid thing she had to sign, whatever....

About the drug mule stories - what is the evidence for this? Was she meeting with known drug dealers or buyers, was she emailing or texting people who are drug conduits about dropping off packages, was she seen carrying two bags with her and then suddenly had just one? Did she look nervous in the airport going through security after Amsterdam? I mean I get that the authorities have to look at all angles, but what evidence have we seen or heard about that puts this as a serious theory on the radar?

The information about registering for class was not only stated several times in MSM, but was also mentioned by more than one person in the previous thread. I promise you- I did not make it up, nor did I pull it out of nowhere. I have never stated that I got that information from her IG photos. In fact, I've never even mentioned her IG account other than to say she had less photos of Europe on there than I'd expected. That said, IMO, I do not think the school situation is the reason she cut her trip short. It is possible she had another reason. It is also quite possible, as I stated previously, that even if it isn't the reason she cut her trip short, the actual reason may have absolutely nothing to do with her death.

Ithink the drug mule story stems from not knowing why she went to Munich. She posted no pictures nor had friends there. In addition, the family wasn't forthcoming about that trip. Possible they didn't know why.
One possibility comes to mind about Munich is you can buy very cheap plane tickets if you stop at Munich. My uncle just went to the States from Istanbul stopping at Munich, it was half price than a direct flight.

Her fam and friends claimed the early reports were wrong, and Munich was only a layover (of a few hours or a short overnight). Thus no photos.

The story has never really been clarified in public (flight numbers, accommodations, etc.). So yes, some murkiness there.

The NY Post doesn't care. Her hometown rag just wants to sell papers. With a story offering all old speculations. That swamped any new FACTS from emerging today. On the day her body returned to NYC!

:banghead:

I really can't believe they quoted "sources" as saying she was seen with "sketchy" people - and that was the lead in for drug-mulism. It sounds like junior high gossip more than reporting. So pissed at that.

I was just curious, do we know for sure she flew to Munich? I think I read somewhere there was some photography exhibit. Do you think perhaps she took the train with some Amsterdam friends in Munich?

The information about registering for class was not only stated several times in MSM, but was also mentioned by more than one person in the previous thread. I promise you- I did not make it up, nor did I pull it out of nowhere. That said, IMO, I do not think that is the reason she cut her trip short. It is possible she had another reason. It is also quite possible, as I stated previously, that even if it isn't the reason she cut her trip short, the actual reason may have absolutely nothing to do with her death.

Isn't it more important what SHE said herself rather than MSM _ which is still reporting she spent 3 days in Munich, that her husband was the one waiting at the airport on the 22nd, and that she has an iphone_ and posters here? Look, if she posted on IG that she had to register in person, and I missed that, great, we can add that to our list of facts. But the post I found from her said something different.

So many annoying snippets of news that don't seem to go anywhere.

If Taylan really made those quotes about having sex, I don't buy them for a second. I go out in Taksim a lot, and have never come across clubs where people have sex. Maybe I go to more upmarket places. However, Sarai's apartment was within walking distance of Taksim, so had they really wanted to be intimate, they could have easily gone back there. Even making out in public isn't very common here, so it just seems like a huge lie.

I also wanted to say how creepy the interior of the walls are. I had no idea. I've wanted to walk the entire length of the walls for a long time, but had been waiting to get a group together because I know parts of them are secluded and pass through not that great neighbourhoods.

A local paper reported that investigators are focusing on a group of unofficial tour guides she was seen with in the days before she vanished.

According to the Miliyet newspaper, a woman called the police on Jan. 31 and told a dispatcher she had seen Sierra with the guides, who are known to harass tourists, on two separate occasions.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/sarai-sierra-body-journey-home-turkey-article-1.1256570

Hmm, could be Sarai asked for directions of the tour guides to go to the bridge/ruins and they decided to take advantage of the situation by following her. The tour guides would definitely know where the surveillance camera blind spots are.

I was just curious, do we know for sure she flew to Munich? I think I read somewhere there was some photography exhibit. Do you think perhaps she took the train with some Amsterdam friends in Munich?

No we do not. She could have definitely been on the train. Didn't you post some IM's of hers upthread from months ahead of time talking about trying to buy train tickets to or from Amsterdam?

Real info about travel to and from Amsterdam and Munich has been almost a total black hole. It has never been established when and/or what mode of transport it was -- except those airport security photos of her leaving Istanbul on a flight to Amsterdam.

RIP, Sarai... I know she never dreamed she would return home from her trip this way. :(

bbm

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Body of Sarai Sierra to make long journey home from Turkey

The body of the 33-year-old mother of two is expected to be transferred to the Istanbul airport Wednesday afternoon and held there overnight, said Tekin Ceker of the Collaro International Funeral Home.

Early Wednesday, workers at the Armenian church in Istanbul where her body has been held were preparing the remains to be moved.

Sierra’s body will return home in a wooden casket lined with zinc. Turkish Airlines is transporting the body for free, Ceker said.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...y-home-turkey-article-1.1256570#ixzz2K8wF81vs

I wondered the same. Especially since I saw a pic of her A'dam friend on train back somewhere right after they left each other. Though, there are pics from him waiting in A'dam airport, supposedly with her, then the train back. So maybe he just took a pic of him taking the train back from the A'dam airport to home? So not sure either way if she had company in Munich or if she was solo and what she did there for the day. Murky, but to me not very important. Munich is a rather benign city, especially in terms of criminal activity in comparison to A'dam. I would find Munich much less pointed as a clue to anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico