GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As for the friend deciding not to go with her last minute, some of us suggested that it could be a set-up between SS and her friend to make SS's trip acceptable to her parents or husband.

Another idea comes to my min. I think her family and her friends are very faithful Christians. SS has never travelled abroad and visiting a Muslim country for the first time could be a very scary idea for her parents most especially. I mean everyone do not have an objective perception of Turkey. When I was in the States, I remember my cousin's friend there asking me if we were travelling on camels.

I have a theory that even I don't believe but I am still going to write it.

I never believed the drug related speculations but after reading the FBI agents claim and Turkish LE snapping on this I came up with a story.

You know a police official said that today.

Maybe she was smuggling drugs and she went there to get her money or told them she is not in this anymore or sthg else. And she was killed because of that police found some proof but they don't have all the names now. They want to catch the whole gang not just one and they are working on this.

I was thinking about that too lavy. I don't know if I believe the drug angle. But I thought that was a weird comment too. And was thinking whoever did this might be using media to have an idea what the cops are leaning towards. Maybe there trying to push the random attack theory, to make the perps believe that what they really think.

If the body was there for a week (in the cave I mean) so many things could happen during that time. I mean a junkie could go through her stuff maybe even rap her after that. So in that case the murderer and the raper and the thief could be 3 different people.

Also a body, resting there for a week. I can't imagine the smell. It wasnt That cold here as well during that week. Somebody must have felt the smell in the very least. So maybe she wasn't there for a week?

I wonder if an English speaking turkish cop is reading our theories and having a good laugh:)

No, I am not laughing.

As for the friend deciding not to go with her last minute, some of us suggested that it could be a set-up between SS and her friend to make SS's trip acceptable to her parents or husband.

Another idea comes to my min. I think her family and her friends are very faithful Christians. SS has never travelled abroad and visiting a Muslim country for the first time could be a very scary idea for her parents most especially. I mean everyone do not have an objective perception of Turkey. When I was in the States, I remember my cousin's friend there asking me if we were travelling on camels.

Don't worry when I came home for Christmas, members of my own extended family asked me if I had to wear a headscarf in Turkey.

I was thinking about that too lavy. I don't know if I believe the drug angle. But I thought that was a weird comment too. And was thinking whoever did this might be using media to have an idea what the cops are leaning towards. Maybe there trying to push the random attack theory, to make the perps believe that what they really think.

I had brought those up before:

- Her going there to collect her cut
- Her witnessing/photographing something she should have not, like a mob execution

But I didn't pursue because if this was a gang thing, her body would be in the bottom of the Bosporus not in that cave.

I never believed the drug related speculations but after reading the FBI agents claim and Turkish LE snapping on this I came up with a story.

Maybe she was smuggling drugs and she went there to get her money or told them she is not in this anymore or sthg else. And she was killed because of that police found some proof but they don't have all the names now. They want to catch the whole gang not just one and they are working on this.

I thought that was a possibility originally, too, but then why would she write to Taylan and tell him where she was (he could have found her)?

Unless, we haven't seen the whole sms transcript between Sarai & Taylan, and he knew she was going to collect her money or whatever, and offered to be with her or watch her from afar for extra security. If that were true, though, he'd be taking a huge legal risk per Turkish drug laws...

- Her witnessing/photographing something she should have not, like a mob execution

But I didn't pursue because if this was a gang thing, her body would be in the bottom of the Bosporus not in that cave.

What if it was more like a wealthy organized gang thing though. What if she was more thee victim of a scam. And what if the perps thought it was a better cover to stage the murder, then it would be to have no body at all.

Plus I'm not sure if the throw the body in the Bosphorous it would eventually pop up, even if weighed down, those currents are incredibly strong!

I think that could be close to the truth and the reason why she cut her trip short. She may have found herself in over her head with something she wished not to be a part of any longer.

*if* and I stress *if* she did get involved physically with T. or anyone else, perhaps she regretted it. Perhaps that's why she wanted to go home early.

Maybe it's you Yashim, maybe your part of this conspiracy...and you just want to find out if anyone's onto you! Is your real name Tarkan K?

Yashim, they're on to us. First they figured out that I was a sketchy criminal element, and now they've linked you to the conspiracy. Implement protocol D-3 immediately.

;)

Maybe it's you Yashim, maybe your part of this conspiracy...and you just want to find out if anyone's onto you! Is your real name Tarkan K?

That's why I keep bringing up the teen druggie scenario. :)

Of course, I am not, but there is a member that I suspect to be connected to the case.

And another one whom I believe is an FBI.

Yet three more who may in fact be the same person - asking and answering each other's questions.

Yeah that was not the markings of a mafia hit. Too sloppy, too much evidence.

And really, I don't think Taylan has anything to do with her death, as much as I'd like to have been right. He may be a rich douchebag(overseas studies, lawyer), but if the police don't have any evidence on him(and unless he's a spy or a high political figure-I would have expected the FBI to say something in a cover-up).

And as far as photographing something she should/top-secret buildings, I doubt the Turkish government would be so inept as to kill her(being an American) in so sloppy a fashion.

However, it's interesting that the police haven't said if she had a wallet or money. We've heard about the iPhone/iPad being stolen but what about her purse? I'm sure her husband or someone would know what kind of wallet she uses.

But seriously, maybe a cop was involved in the murder. We get those kinds of stories here. Maybe they wanted to cover the story up, but when FBI took step in it and when it became such a popular coverage in the media, now they don't know what to do.

When I heard the first time that she was hit heavily in the head, I don't know why but I said maybe a cop did that? Maybe it's because when I watch them beating the university students to hell with so much hatred, I do not understand where that deep of a hatred stems from.

I don't know why I just feel someone must have had a reason to kill her, drugs, love, money, denial.....

I'd be extremely extremely surprised if this was truly a random attack.

It IS rare and uncommon for a wife with two young children at home to take a 3 week trip without her children and husband.

You're wrong, plain and simple.

A quick google of the hundreds of travel blogs for solo female travelers (plenty hosted by young mothers who travel alone) will tell you as much. If you don't want to believe it that's fine, but continuing to post incorrect information doesn't help a thing.

The evidence doesn't fit the way you want the world to be, I get that, but the world remains real despite your own preferences.

Solo female travelers are common. There are blogs, published books, facebook groups and websites that are all in agreement with this.

Simple fact.

Of course, I am not, but there is a member that I suspect to be connected to the case.

Yet three more who may in fact be the same person - asking and answering each other's questions.

Sadly, I could never pass the FBI exam-though I did watch all 9 seasons of The X-Files. So not me:)

Oh the conspiracies!!!

I don't know why I just feel someone must have had a reason to kill her, drugs, love, money, denial.....

I'd be extremely extremely surprised if this was truly a random attack.

It does seem quite personal to me. But I've been 1% right in my theories so far so it's quite possibly random attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member