GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T, but your comment reminded me of a funny story:

When I was 18 and fresh out of high school I decided the best way to fulfill my dream of being an opera singer (no really- opera) would be to blow off college and move to Europe. I knew my parents would kill me before I even had a chance to get to Cleveland, OH let alone Amsterdam if I gave them too much notice, so I sprung it on them at the last second. They were- SERIOUSLY- getting ready to move me into my dorm room, so I was all packed up, when I explained that I wasn't going to college (it's even worse than that- I had a full music scholarship), I was flying out of the Canton, OH Airport to Detroit, and from Detroit to Rotterdam. I had the nerve to ask them to put my boxes- originally meant for my dorm- in storage for me. I Told them not to worry (ha), I'd be fine (innerspersed with a lot of crying, "I AM 18 YEARS OLD! I AM AN ADULT AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME!")... and the rest is history.

I'm back in the states now, I am not an opera singer, I do have a college degree, and a ton of memories, not to mention something to laugh with my parents over (although I think it took them about 15 years to truly forgive me). I have 2 daughters- one of which is 14 years old, and I swear I will do something drastic if my family tells her what I did at 18 prior to her 30th birthday.

Karma is a cruel mistress.

I blame my current wanderlust on the idiotic notion of not studying abroad in college because I would -gasp!- have to spend another two semesters in business school. Biggest mistake of my life! Now I've traveled so often alone and had so many adventures that my family wants to come with because I always go to "such neat places".

It doesn't have to be the husband. Just a family member. I don't know why he did it but it is horrifying anyway.

I think it is a procedure.
I never needed to know about this (thank God) but in all Turkish movie & tv series I've seen a family member goes in. Not the most reliable source... I know.

Why did he identify her? There are a number of psychological reasons why a husband would do that. He may have needed to see her, dead, for it to really sink in. He may have felt it was his duty, he was present for the beginning of their relationship and he may have needed to be there for the symbolic end. He may have needed to see her, to touch her hand, to kiss her fingertips one last time.

O/T, but your comment reminded me of a funny story:

When I was 18 and fresh out of high school I decided the best way to fulfill my dream of being an opera singer (no really- opera) would be to blow off college and move to Europe. I knew my parents would kill me before I even had a chance to get to Cleveland, OH let alone Amsterdam if I gave them too much notice, so I sprung it on them at the last second. They were- SERIOUSLY- getting ready to move me into my dorm room, so I was all packed up, when I explained that I wasn't going to college (it's even worse than that- I had a full music scholarship), I was flying out of the Canton, OH Airport to Detroit, and from Detroit to Rotterdam. I had the nerve to ask them to put my boxes- originally meant for my dorm- in storage for me. I Told them not to worry (ha), I'd be fine (innerspersed with a lot of crying, "I AM 18 YEARS OLD! I AM AN ADULT AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME!")... and the rest is history.

I'm back in the states now, I am not an opera singer, I do have a college degree, and a ton of memories, not to mention something to laugh with my parents over (although I think it took them about 15 years to truly forgive me). I have 2 daughters- one of which is 14 years old, and I swear I will do something drastic if my family tells her what I did at 18 prior to her 30th birthday.

Wow, great story.

BBM And smart move. My grandmother told me all the crazy things that my mum did (believe me they are a lot) and told me to get her revenge from my mum on behalf of her by doing more crazy stuff. She told me this when I was about 8. Do I need to explain how much my mum suffered during my teen years? :D

So to end today, my question for the case is : What now? Cellphone records, more hours of camera footage to watch? Where do the police go from here?

So to end today, my question for the case is : What now? Cellphone records, more hours of camera footage to watch? Where do the police go from here?

Definitely camera footage from that part of Istanbul. That is if LE's major objective is to find the perp and not verify SS's motivation to visit Istanbul.

I don't know.

My actual question is how much more they know? Is there anything that is not been revealed?

Maybe its the hostel guy. They were talking, he knows the area etc.

Hopefully Gmail will provide some info, though that seems less likely now that Taylan doesn't appear to be the culprit. Otherwise, I guess they need to get cranking on that cell phone search they were talking about doing- of course even that does no good if this was a random attack.

I will be sooooo upset if this jerk ends up getting away with murder.

Hi all I know this is off topic but I couldn't resist. When I was 20 (27 years ago now) I was studying computer programming at uni (haha the programs were Basic, Fortran and Cobol) I read the book "we of the Never Never" and on a whim contacted an employment agency for cattle stations. Within a week I was on my way to a cattle station as a governess, thinking I might meet nice "ringer". The cattle station was massive, it was owned by King Ranches from the US and the ringers would go out mustering for 3 months at time. We got flooded in for 3 months. I only lasted for 8 months and broke my dads heart giving up the uni course, he had directed to me towards it as it was the future of the world (boy was he right) but it wasn't me. Needless to say though I am so grateful to have experienced such a unique way of living.

Why did he identify her? There are a number of psychological reasons why a husband would do that. He may have needed to see her, dead, for it to really sink in. He may have felt it was his duty, he was present for the beginning of their relationship and he may have needed to be there for the symbolic end. He may have needed to see her, to touch her hand, to kiss her fingertips one last time.

This is so true. As horrible as it would be, I'd have to identify my loved one, if God forbid it came to this. I'd spend the rest of my life SURE it wasn't them if I didn't see it when my own two eyes. :(

If the body was there for a week (in the cave I mean) so many things could happen during that time. I mean a junkie could go through her stuff maybe even rap her after that. So in that case the murderer and the raper and the thief could be 3 different people.

Also a body, resting there for a week. I can't imagine the smell. It wasnt That cold here as well during that week. Somebody must have felt the smell in the very least. So maybe she wasn't there for a week?

I wonder if an English speaking turkish cop is reading our theories and having a good laugh:)

Hi all I know this is off topic but I couldn't resist. When I was 20 (27 years ago now) I was studying computer programming at uni (haha the programs were Basic, Fortran and Cobol) I read the book "we of the Never Never" and on a whim contacted an employment agency for cattle stations. Within a week I was on my way to a cattle station as a governess, thinking I might meet nice "ringer". The cattle station was massive, it was owned by King Ranches from the US and the ringers would go out mustering for 3 months at time. We got flooded in for 3 months. I only lasted for 8 months and broke my dads heart giving up the uni course, he had directed to me towards it as it was the future of the world (boy was he right) but it wasn't me. Needless to say though I am so grateful to have experienced such a unique way of living.

I think travel and adventure like those humble you, it makes you aware of just how little you really do know. The more you learn, the more you realize how much there is to learn.

Alive?? She was missing for 2 weeks and when found had only been deceased for 1 week.

I haven't seen anything that she was only dead for a week. It was determined she died on the 21st and went missing on the 21st. I mean that's what we have heard repeatedly anyway...I think the only things that are 100% true are that she went to turkey and she died in turkey.

Hopefully Gmail will provide some info, though that seems less likely now that Taylan doesn't appear to be the culprit. Otherwise, I guess they need to get cranking on that cell phone search they were talking about doing- of course even that does no good if this was a random attack.

I will be sooooo upset if this jerk ends up getting away with murder.

I remember reading in one of the newspapers that the gmail thing takes like two days to investigate. So we should be hearing that (if they share it of course) probably tomorrow.

Police believe she died on 21st. She was probably in the cave the whole time.

Then I guess I have this all wrong. She went missing on the 21st and was found on what day? I'm so sorry, I just don't remember and can't go back to look right now (work). Wasn't it about 2 weeks? So, the article I read was not correct when they said she was deceased for just a week.

If the body was there for a week (in the cave I mean) so many things could happen during that time. I mean a junkie could go through her stuff maybe even rap her after that. So in that case the murderer and the raper and the thief could be 3 different people.

Also a body, resting there for a week. I can't imagine the smell. It wasnt That cold here as well during that week. Somebody must have felt the smell in the very least. So maybe she wasn't there for a week?

I wonder if an English speaking turkish cop is reading our theories and having a good laugh:)

Well ill tell you this much, there is a much higher likely hood of a Turkish cop who speaks fluent English, then an American cop who knows Turkish! :)

I just can't image that if someone came upon a dead body they would rape it, and the someone else would rob it. That's putting 3 whacked out people there and I just don't see it.

Then I guess I have this all wrong. She went missing on the 21st and was found on what day? I'm so sorry, I just don't remember and can't go back to look right now (work). Wasn't it about 2 weeks? So, the article I read was not correct when they said she was deceased for just a week.

If memory serves, when they first found her body, they said it appeared she'd been dead at least a week (this was about 10 days, I believe, after she went missing). Later, as the investigation progressed, they determined that she had died the day she vanished, either where she was found or very, very close (within feet) to it. Hope that helps.

I have a theory that even I don't believe but I am still going to write it.

I never believed the drug related speculations but after reading the FBI agents claim and Turkish LE snapping on this I came up with a story.

You know a police official said that today.
“We can’t work as freely as we’d like to,” he said. “The people we need to speak with are getting scared away.”

Maybe she was smuggling drugs and she went there to get her money or told them she is not in this anymore or sthg else. And she was killed because of that police found some proof but they don't have all the names now. They want to catch the whole gang not just one and they are working on this.

Well ill tell you this much, there is a much higher likely hood of a Turkish cop who speaks fluent English, then an American cop who knows Turkish! :)

I just can't image that if someone came upon a dead body they would rape it, and the someone else would rob it. That's putting 3 whacked out people there and I just don't see it.

When it comes to sex we have pretty whacked out stories which I would feel really embarassed to share with you guys:)

I have a theory that even I don't believe but I am still going to write it.

I never believed the drug related speculations but after reading the FBI agents claim and Turkish LE snapping on this I came up with a story.

You know a police official said that today.

Maybe she was smuggling drugs and she went there to get her money or told them she is not in this anymore or sthg else. And she was killed because of that police found some proof but they don't have all the names now. They want to catch the whole gang not just one and they are working on this.

By the way just a week before her death the police caught a big gang of drug dealers and their customers, among which many famous people were questioned. They were tracking this gang for more than a month, the police is pretty alert about the drug issues recently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487